Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rave Lot Redesignation

Has anyone tried redesignating the Windenburg Rave Lots (places where public parties are held) to make them a different kind of Lot? I'm considering making Von Haunt Estate into a Residential Lot but, in all honesty, I'm afraid to try it in case it might bug out. If anyone else has done it and nothing weird happened (like some glitch or people trying to host raves on it in spite of the change) I might give it a go. I'm hoping someone who's tried it can fill me in on what to expect.
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited September 2018
    One of my current families lives in the Von Haunt Estate and I haven't had any issues with it. It works just like a regular residential lot. I haven't messed with the lot type of anything else, though, so I can't help you with the rave lots. Sorry.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Von Haunt is one of the Rave Lots I'm referring to. By Rave Lot, I mean the unique lots that have outdoor DJ booths and large public dance parties are held there. These, specifically, are Von haunt Estate, The Bluffs, and Ancient Ruins. What you told me was exactly what I was hoping to know, whether or not it was safe, according to others' experiences, to change those lots into residential homes. Thank you.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I went into Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek and turned it into a nightclub/bar/hangout with a fitness area as well. It's rather fun to convert the houses into a venue, leaving some things from the house in place. Kinda like what fraternities and sororities do with their houses. The Goth estate has tons of potential if you decide it's worth moving them out or just placing a copy in another lot, such as in Forgotten Hollow, and making it into a museum/cafe.
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I went into Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek and turned it into a nightclub/bar/hangout with a fitness area as well. It's rather fun to convert the houses into a venue, leaving some things from the house in place. Kinda like what fraternities and sororities do with their houses. The Goth estate has tons of potential if you decide it's worth moving them out or just placing a copy in another lot, such as in Forgotten Hollow, and making it into a museum/cafe.

Quite a lot of the old traditional English village pubs were originally residential properties which have been converted at some point in the past, sadly we seem to coming full circle and many are being closed down and re-converted back to residential, or fancy restaurants. That's a great idea though, one which I shall try myself. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Yeah, Von Haunt is a nice big house and would make a great residence (once the rope barriers are removed). I just wanted to make sure doing so wouldn't cause problems, like the system trying to make a party happen there and bugging out because it can't, or Sims throwing a party at my house anyway, even after I change it. Those were my main concerns. If others have done it without problems, I figure it should be fine.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    If someone has converted one of those lots before, I'd like to know how. I went in to edit Von Haunt and the Lot Type selector said "Disabled for Special Venues". If I can't change the Lot Type, I won't be able to have anyone live there.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    If someone has converted one of those lots before, I'd like to know how. I went in to edit Von Haunt and the Lot Type selector said "Disabled for Special Venues". If I can't change the Lot Type, I won't be able to have anyone live there.

You have to use a mod, as those lots are not meant be changed by players. You can find it here: https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160347810775/the-sims-4-mod-venue-changes
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Ah. Okay. I might look into that sometime. Thanks.
    9ndehwc.png