Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question ...

Since the Help Center has been moved, I wasn't sure as to where to post this.
I had a little number pop up beside the gallery button today. I've never seen it before and wondered what it was/is.
It disappeared once I went into the gallery and came out again.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    That number indicates the number of new notifications you have in your news feed. They disappear after you've entered the gallery and viewed the news feed page.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited September 2018
    What is my news feed. Didn't know about that either?

EDIT - or is that general notifications for the forum?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    At the top of the gallery, there are 4 tabs you can switch between. One is the Gallery, the others are News, your simpage which is labeled as your username, and your Library.
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    -5 seconds later-
  • Options
    The News Feed just shows notifications and other information.
    -5 seconds later-
  • Options
    Oh okay. Thanks for your replies. Just never noticed before. Might keep an eye out for it in future.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited September 2018
    just for visual note, news is the highlighted one here:

c38e254cac022ce89da1c26c5fa78500.png

and this image has the type of stuff that counter tells you is in the news feed:
    050ced1ff252cc6b970f8af578083334.png

basically, it just tells you if anyone downloaded or commented on anything you've uploaded, lets you know if anyone you're following has uploaded or favorited anything, and shows you everything maxis favorites because they're treated like you follow them for everyone
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    I couldn't possibly understand why in the world they would put a notification system for the gallery, it seems so unnecessary. In TS3 I never logged on for achievements, and I always kept the in game store deactivated, I just don't like to have those things in my game. And now a number always appears on the gallery icon, so much for that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies.
    I wonder why I've not noticed it before.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited September 2018
    It's a new feature they added when they did the big gallery overhaul recently,
    In game options under 'other' there is a toggle to turn off online notifications.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Great. Thanks again for the help. I've probably only just noticed because I'm using the gallery mire than I have in the past. Tganjs again xxx
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there's some great stuff on the gallery, you just sometimes have to wade through lots of stuff to find it...

sometimes a quick search for general keywords and poking through things can get your creativity flowing, or you can find builds that are either perfect as is, or need just a little bit of tweaking to fit into what you're trying to make or tell a story for. virtually everything i've downloaded has gotten some tweaking done to it, and i fully expect the same happens when someone downloads one of my uploads
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    there's some great stuff on the gallery, you just sometimes have to wade through lots of stuff to find it...

sometimes a quick search for general keywords and poking through things can get your creativity flowing, or you can find builds that are either perfect as is, or need just a little bit of tweaking to fit into what you're trying to make or tell a story for. virtually everything i've downloaded has gotten some tweaking done to it, and i fully expect the same happens when someone downloads one of my uploads

I usually go for what I like on the outside and then tweak the inside to my taste or needs ... or I should say, my Sims needs!
    MLgj4Vx.png