Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens to University Townie Relationships when your sims move?

I did the silly mistake of starting a Legacy in Starlight Shores, and I desperately need to move my sims so that they can escape the lag-pocalypse that's going on right now. The only problem is that I'd like one of my Sims to marry Jeffrey Dean from the UL town and I don't want to have to go back to University just to flirt with him some more lol. So my question is, will their relationship remain intact if my sim moves somewhere else? If anyone knows of a fixed version of Starlight Shores, I'm open to recommendations as well.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    If you use the NRaas Traveler mod to move, nothing happens to the Uni World sims and their relationships to yours. If you use NRaas Porter, you are essentially starting a new game with your existing local sims so the Uni World sims will be gone and replaced by new versions of the same sims on the next visit, thus no relationships.

For a move the EA way without the mods, I think it works the same as Traveler in this regard. The foreign worlds should stay intact, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Try it on a Save As copy of the game and if it doesn't work as expected you can always revert gameplay to before the move happened.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    @igazor - thanks for the detailed reply. I was going to give it a shot on an older save as a last resort, but at the moment, it's already so bloated that it takes forever to load, to move, or for sims to do just about anything. If someone has tried it already, it would save me a lot of time and frustration. I know it's not my game or my computer, because I have another save in Moonlight Falls that is much older, but it doesn't have any lag at all.