Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Firefighters this is getting...

JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know this has been an on going topic so please excuse the repeated topic, but...

In my game today a fire broke out. No big deal it happens often. In fact it happens nearly every time I have a group outing with a BBQ. But that's beside the point.

So while the fire broke out outside there was no auto sprinkler to put it out. I figured well that must be because it's outside, again no big deal I'll have my sim extinguish it. Oh no no they won't for some reason every time I go to click on it the pop up comes up then, yelp you guessed it a big ol' fat X automatically declines my sim from going to put it out. So the fire grows and grows and I try and try different Sims to put it out but the same action the auto X denies my ability to control my sim to put out a fire.

I don't know if there's a fire glitch going on but I had to exit the game completely to get it to stop and start back over from when I last saved. Luckily after playing this game since 2001 I've learned to save often.

But in lies the desperate need to bring back the firefighter because if I had had that wonderful NPC that fire wouldn't have gotten that out of control and I wouldn't have had to worry about my sim extinguishing it only to be denied the privelage to do so. Please please please bring back the firefighter.
WbUrFQm.png

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I hear you. Alternatively, enable sims to fight fires, as they can in TS2. Not sure if you can do this in 4 but in 2 I found a way to have a fire alarm & sprinkler outdoors. Build a small hut where your BBQ will go, complete with floor. Install fire alarm/sprinkler. Use sledge to knock away unwanted walls, but leave the back one. Place BBQ on the flooring & use wall pattern of choice on your remaining wall.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I feel your pain. I had this recently. Had to watch as my sim just stood there like a lemon staring at the wall completely oblivious to the fact his cooker was on fire and then his counters, and the fridge and the bin... and then was he.

I’m clicking on extinguish fire furiously and he is still standing there lost in his own world cancelling the interaction.

Can’t understand why a game that gives warm weather and cold weather clothes in the base game (even if you don’t own seasons) for “story telling purposes” can’t give us a npc fire fighter. Is it because the fire fighter would rush in to be the hero and save the day but get distracted by the people and want to go over and hug and talk about vampires?

Whatever the reason, it’s weird.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I would love to see Firefighter NPCs added into the game. This always bothered me.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    I would love to see Firefighter NPCs added into the game. This always bothered me.

I know. I miss them. At this point I don't even care if it's an open career for Sims. I would be perfectly happy just having the NPC back.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    leetamme wrote: »

I know. I miss them. At this point I don't even care if it's an open career for Sims. I would be perfectly happy just having the NPC back.

I agreed both of y’all. We’re tired of sprinklers up in the ceiling.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2018
    I feel your pain. I had this recently. Had to watch as my sim just stood there like a lemon staring at the wall completely oblivious to the fact his cooker was on fire and then his counters, and the fridge and the bin... and then was he.

I’m clicking on extinguish fire furiously and he is still standing there lost in his own world cancelling the interaction.

Can’t understand why a game that gives warm weather and cold weather clothes in the base game (even if you don’t own seasons) for “story telling purposes” can’t give us a npc fire fighter. Is it because the fire fighter would rush in to be the hero and save the day but get distracted by the people and want to go over and hug and talk about vampires?

Whatever the reason, it’s weird.

That's probably exactly the reason why certain NPCs do not exist. It's hard enough for players to wrangle the Sims and get them to do what we want. Imagine trying to create an NPC with a specialized function. Yet, object attraction, emotional auras, and overly friendly Sims and pets keep getting in the way?

Call the fire department and the firefighter will likely flirt with the homeowner, grab a glass of water, troll teh forums on the kids' PC, steal the grandma's tablet, burst into tears at the sight of the urn on the coffee table, then take a dip in the pool. Meanwhile, half of the house burns down.

The developers have their work cut out for them.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg