Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know what really bothers me about random townies?

I was reading about how to get rid of all the townies the game spawns and I found out that a lot of the randoms are spawned to fill specific roles in the community. Fine...that's fine. Most of those roles have a uniform anyway, so the most of the monstrous of the eyesores are somewhat contained. You know I get that, I get that some sims need to be spawned that have certain traits or skills. But it's like the game prioritizes them over sims that I have placed in the game. I just spent a few hours lovingly selecting a nice diversity of sims from the gallery to fill all of the empty houses and apartments in the game with so that my sim could meet these hand-selected families. Then when I take my sim out on the town only a few of the sims that I picked are in the venues. Most all of the visitors are the hideous game-spawns! Why, of why is it like this? Why does the game seemingly prioritize its own townies over ones that are placed by the player? Why does that sim the game generated to be the freaking pizza guy have to be at every freaking club my sim goes to, but those fifty beautiful girl sims I placed in the game for him to meet are no where to be found?! XD XD XD

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I get super annoyed when I populate a save with my own sims and then I go to the spa and what do I see? All six employees are townies that the game felt the need to generate.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It's easier that the game picks your sims if you leave them homeless. It will give them skills though, like a sim picked to play an instrument in san myshuno will be given max level in that instrument. Also, the game seems to pick specific sims for specific roles, for the performers is "music lover" trait, for mixologist/chef is the master chef/mixologist aspiration.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Use Get Together to make clubs and assign them places to hang out.
    That will help.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Won't it also help if you mark them as "my sims" so they aren't culled?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.