Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Irl humans? Or Sims?

KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
I like TS4. Like, I rather play TS4 than interact with irl humans.

Like... yeah we all want more something added to TS4. But ultimately, I just like sims humans better than I like irl humans.

What do you prefer?

Irl humans? Or Sims? 56 votes

Irl humans? (BOO!)
32%
GoldmoldaricmnfrshThunderbat87spice3ParmaViolet87catmando830Karababy52BooV7227tmcevoy1121OEII1001pinneduphairHopeyStarrChazzzythatsnotswegKoteykaLairaDOKKOMx4m1r4 18 votes
Sim humans? (YEA!)
67%
JaiSeaSamadamsPlayerIsb917joelygirlsims2simm621BloosmooasimbsimStrangerthanAnmirlacchant86fruitsbasket101KirbySkywalkerLizzychicagoJennyggJACKIEJOYFroilfoxx_fennecClassicalSimkittymeowDMKitten 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The two aren't even comparable to me, in order to be able to answer the question. I've never viewed my sims as human beings or even coming close to fulfilling a similar role that real people do in my life.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    Cupid wrote: »
    The two aren't even comparable to me, in order to be able to answer the question. I've never viewed my sims as human beings or even coming close to fulfilling a similar role that real people do in my life.

Cool.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It would very much depend on the human.
  • Options
    Sim humans? (YEA!)

Ok, not like Ryan Gosling or something. Just like the average every day human you see at work or something.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Well, I like TS4 very much. But, it's still only a game.
    I can not satisfy my social needs with it, tbh :D .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    Haha, ok. Guess I’m alone here so far.

It’s true though. I like my sim people better than Irl people!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Ok, not like Ryan Gosling or something. Just like the average every day human you see at work or something.

Lol, that's not what I was thinking. I mean, if you're talking about close humans, partners, family and friends, then they win every time. But there are plenty of irl humans I would gladly ditch for sims. In fact, there are quite a few humans I would like to make into sims and torture them in my basement, leaving them to die a slow and painful death.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    Well this is a sad thread. Maybe it’s because I just spent 10 hours watching the Aretha Franklin funeral but I feel for you OP! I hope you come across some awesome humans some day and it changes your opinion of us.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Sometimes I hate sims too.
  • Options
    Sim humans? (YEA!)

Lol, that's not what I was thinking. I mean, if you're talking about close humans, partners, family and friends, then they win every time. But there are plenty of irl humans I would gladly ditch for sims. In fact, there are quite a few humans I would like to make into sims and torture them in my basement, leaving them to die a slow and painful death.

Lol! Well yeah... of course I didn’t mean close family and friends... idk... I meant like the people we don’t actually know that we face in every day life. The people who stand with their cart in the middle of the isle at a grocery store so you can’t get by and won’t move. People who don’t use their blinker in traffic. The people who come to our jobs and ask really stupid questions... just every day people.

To be fair, I just beat up a DJ in sims 4 because I hired him for 250 simoleans to play music and he just showed up then stood around doing nothing.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    Well, I pick Sims humans just cuz we can make them however we want and we can make them nice people, etc which we can't control in real life. But of course, there's still a lot of good people out there in real life. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    DeKay wrote: »
    Well, I pick Sims humans just cuz we can make them however we want and we can make them nice people, etc which we can't control in real life. But of course, there's still a lot of good people out there in real life. :)

That’s kind of exactly what I mean DK. Thanks for saying it better than I could.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    Humans, although I can see two sides of this. Sims cannot show love or compassion. They're not very intelligent either.

Although if you look at it from the other perspective, Sim don't discriminate or show signs of cruelty towards each other and the environment they live in. Us humans are very good at that.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Humans, although I can see two sides of this. Sims cannot show love or compassion. They're not very intelligent either.
    I know some people like that ;)
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    Even though sims aren't human to me
    They are sims
    I would gladly play my game and spend time with them then interact with people
    I have been burned many times ( I have let that go and forgiven them)
    But I still have people in my life that are not worth it that includes most of my family
    Sad I know , I didn't think this would turn into a little self reflection rant
    Anyway
    Happy simming everyone
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2018
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    Sims are highly neurotic, paranoid and poorly-adjusted humanoids that were conditioned to be so over the past 18 years by being at the whim of a mostly malevolent sky-god that randomly rearranges their domiciles, builds walls around pools and places them in burning rooms without exits. And since that sky-god is me I can only imagine what they would do if they ever got their hands on me.

Lousy as they can be, I think I'll go with human beings. Less chance for violent reciprocity that way.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    I'm socially awkward around most humans, but sims are nice...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    I have social anxiety and don't really get along with most humans so sim humans are better for me, lol.
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Sim humans? (YEA!)
    I'm socially awkward around most humans, but sims are nice...
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I have social anxiety and don't really get along with most humans so sim humans are better for me, lol.

Agreed.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    DOKKOMDOKKOM Posts: 27 Member
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    Sims are just sims. It's you who make up their stories.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    I rather interact with RL humans because it is an part of life and FL Sims cannot solve RL problems.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I prefer real people to pixelated people. But i do prefer real pets like dogs to some real humans, so I can understand your frustration with people.
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    I prefer real life people.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited September 2018
    Irl humans? (BOO!)
    Actually an interesting question. Right now the answer to it is simple: would you rather live alone and play the Sims all day or live in a community within family and friends and not be able to play the Sims at all?

I assume most of us would probably pick the second answer. Because the Sims can get pretty boring after awhile.

But!

What if the Sims was not a computer game, but something bigger? A futuristic realistic life simulating machine that allowed you to dive in completely? What if you could be a sim? What if you'd actually see the world with your own eyes, feel that sim grass, taste that sim food? What if the Sims would be a complete copy of our world, except you could alter it in any way you want and live in it? You could have the perfect boyfriend/child/pet, a house you could never afford in real life, skills you never even dreamed of having. You could create yourself a family that would look exactly the same as your real one, but also would be flawless. You could make the perfect world that would seem so real it visually wouldn't look any different from ours. And you could actually live in it, feel it, taste it.

I personally think that will bring an apocalypse to our world, but lets face it - many of us would stay in a game like that forever.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I enjoy face-to-face contact with RL humans and when I'm overly stressed I like to spend time with my Sims, since I can exert more control over what happens in the game over the RL 'game' called Life.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/