Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW not launching: help thread for ArcticSkele

Can anyone help a new member with a CAW issue? Details to follow.

@ArcticSkele It's all yours.

Comments

• Options
    ArcticSkeleArcticSkele Posts: 2 New Member
    Every time I try to open TS3 CAW, it shows the splash loading screen, and then immediately closes. I don't get any error message, I know for a fact I have the correct version (1.69), I've uninstalled and removed all of my custom content, I've tried restarting my machine, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, I tried running both the program in the files and the shortcut as Administrator, and I've deleted the cache files, I've done everything I could find on the internet, nothing seems to be working.

I have the World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Showtime, Pets, and University Life expansions, as well as the Town Life stuff pack.

I have a Windows 8.1 64bit operating system, and I have the digital Origin versions of the game, no disc, not Steam.

Is there any way I can fix this?
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hello @ArticSkele and welcome to the forum.

I think you have done all you reasonably can to get CAW to launch. I can't really help you further because I use disks and version 1.67.
    Fortunately for both of us there are some very experienced CAW users on the forum. They can also be found in the CAW tools section so it might be worth posting your query there.

Good Luck in getting your problem sorted.

Nearly forgot. When I was using Win8 I had to adjust my graphic settings. CAW is extremely temperamental and a slight change in the graphic settings might be enough to stop it launching.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    You might have better luck getting help over at http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616
    It's a more active community.