Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unsticking Things in Inventories

Teddy Bears. Medical Journals. Other Stuffs. How do I go about removing these items from my Sims inventories? On a reverse note, how do I go about replacing things which should not be missing such as my doctor's beeper?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    There are a couple of ways to get rid of a stuck item in a sim's personal inventory, but the easiest is to click on the sim and select NRaas > MasterController > Basic > Sell Item. If you just want to unstick it, you can try clicking on the sim who has the item, NRaas > MC > Basic > Transfer From, and then you can choose another sim in the same household as the destination.

I'm not sure how you would directly generate an item that should exist but doesn't. However, if the item already exists in the world but is not accessible, you can use MC to look for it. Click on the ground out in the world (not on a lot, or MC will only search that lot), NRaas > MC > Object Add to Inventory. A list of objects with no location will show up—everything from items for sale at the consignment store to skill certificates left behind in a mailbox before a move. If the medical beeper is there, selecting it will add it to your family inventory, and perhaps you can move it into a personal inventory from there. I believe this requires the MC Cheats add-on.

If that doesn't work, then the other thing you could do is use MC to demote your sim below the level where the career reward appears and then promote him or her. You can choose a sim's job level with NRaas> MC > Intermediate > Career > Level. If the insta-promotion doesn't spawn the item, you can leave the sim one promotion short of earning it, then use MC > Intermediate > Career > Go to Work to force an immediate work shift, and MC > Intermediate > Career > Job Performance to set experience to 100, so your sim will get a promotion at the end of the shift. I think all of this also requires MC Cheats.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @puzzleaddict - Thanks for the information. I have a Medical Journal which is missing in the Family Inventory (not personal inventory), the book was in the bookcase when I deleted the bookcase, all of the books were moved to the family inventory. I didn't know (at the time) you shouldn't remove a Sim's medical journal that it must stay in their personal inventory. So, I would like to remove the 'empty space' marker of where the book should have been. As far as those darn stuck bears go - I could care less where they get flushed to!

About the beeper, I saved the Sim to the library to move her to another town thinking the beeper would regenerate when she arrived since she is still in the career; but it didn't. Now my doctor doesn't have her beeper and I would really like for her to have it :(. As far as demoting her goes, she's a long time level 10 with a very high income. I wouldn't want to risk losing all we have accomplished by setting her backwards and then forwards to a starting position; unless there is a way to reset her pay rate.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    There is in fact a way to reset the pay rate: NRaas > MC > Intermediate > Career > Bonus (also a MC Cheats feature). This will allow you to add (or subtract) from any sim's base pay. So if you remember what she was earning before the temporary demotion, you can add it back when you're done. This function works well for me, but igazor has had issues getting the numbers to cooperate; he thought it might have something to do with how salaries are calculated differently in Bridgeport. Still, you could futz around with the function until you got what you wanted.

As far as the Medical Journal is concerned, I'm not sure how to restore it, other than by using the same demotion/promotion technique. You can always flush the sim's inventory after the demotion; hopefully, that will get rid of the empty space marker you're seeing.