Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PlantSims in 2018

Is it still possible to become a PlantSim? Unfortunately, the challenge that introduced them last year came at a time when I wasn't really playing the game, so I missed it. I know that the stump is still available to buy in build mode, but can you still get the seeds and complete the process of becoming a PlantSim even though the initial challenge is over?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2018
    @floridameerkat Hi. You can get the beans by purchasing the rare seed packets.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @floridameerkat Hi. You can get the beans by purchasing the rare seed packets.

Thanks!

Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2018
    Shift+right click sim works in my game. The debug option of plantsim comes up.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Shift+right click sim works in my game. The debug option of plantsim comes up.

That is ofc, the cheaty way of becoming a PlantSim on the fly :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can use bb.showhiddenobjects cheat to find the whole magic bean collection, if you want to make the giant tree sims explore (warning, it's huge!). you can also use the cheat to just find the 'forbidden fruit of the plantsim' that is what turns a sim into a plantsim (warning, the tree grown from this currently only grows one or two forbidden fruit a day. good thing eating one turns a sim into a plantsim for 5 days)

or, you could just go onto the gallery and do a search for either the magic bean collection or forbidden fruit. for example, i have a room that has 49 forbidden fruit in it (and nothing else) just to help people have a long-lasting plantsim around. if it matters, same name on gallery as here

but yes, if even the gallery is too 'cheaty' for you, the only way to get the forbidden fruit currently is to spend 1k on each rare plant pack and hope you get the six beans quickly enough
  • Options
    Simsgirl4life90Simsgirl4life90 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have The Sims 4 for PS4 and knew nothing about Plantsims. I downloaded a house out of the library and it came with a spliced tree that had it. I watered the tree harvested it and ate the fruit. My sim was a Plantsim for 5 days.