Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Underground Garden on Seasons? Would that work?

I was thinking about Seasons today and an idea occured to me. I don't have seasons yet and still thinking about it. Would an underground garden work? You could build a basement and just have a dirt floor and put all your plants down there. You could make a small staircase to go down into it and hide the staircase somewhere on your lot with bushes or things around it. Then you could have this huge underground garden. Would that function as a greenhouse or would the plants go dormant or die (or whatever it is they do). Would the game think the plant is outdoors still? Would it snow or rain underground if I did that or have some other weird effect?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    I haven't tested, but I imagine the plants require a glass ceiling if they're going to be indoors. Plants need sunlight.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I just tested this in my game. If you build a basement and put plant pots in it, then all the plants in the basement will be considered "sheltered" which means they will grow year-round. So it should be the same as a greenhouse and all your plants will grow.
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I haven't tested it in seasons but when I did the room challenge I had no issues getting plants to grow indoors without windows or glass ceilings, they really don't actually need sunlight to grow.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Done it and it works. Plants grow year rounds means a steady $$.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Well, that news will make my vampires rather happy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I will never run a full farm underground, but it will be cool to grow selected plants secretly. There's always room for secrets :smiley: )
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Of course this detracts from the realism, but what a way to cheat the system!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png