Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children Can't Take Medicine?

One of my child Sims suddenly took a Sick Day from school. I tried to have him take medicine, but there's no option for it and his parents can't give it to him either. Can Child Sims not take the Medicine bought from the computer? If not, what are my options?
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    does the sim have a moodlet?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Children can only take medicine while they have an illness moodlet. If he doesn’t have one, then try having him take it again next time a moodlet shows up.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    You could also make the child drink orange juice to cure their illness.
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    He didn't have a Moodlet at the time, but he was showing symptoms (acting dizzy and stars swirling around his head. No clue why no moodlet showed up then.) Later, I had him drink orange juice, he got a home remedy Moodlet but then showed symptoms again shortly after. Then he had the illness Moodlet and I was able to have him take Medicine. Strange sequence of events that don't really make sense. Also, if they're sick, why doesn't the Moodlet last the whole sickness? It disappears so fast it's easy to miss it. The Moodlet should stay until the illness is cured. It just makes sense.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Is there no way to curb all this illness nonsense? I know it's Winter, but enough is too much already. After I cured the boy, his mother got some itchy disease, his big brother got a rash, his sister got a fever, and now the boy is taking yet another sick day already. This is making me completely mental. Oh, and the cat is sick now too and I have to take it to the vet. Madness! Utter madness!
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    If you have testingcheats enabled, you can shift-click a Sim and select the illness menu; there’s a “Remove Illness” option in there (as well as “Remove Symptom”, which has to be done first if there’s any symptom moodlet present). I’m not 100% sure it’s possible without a cheats extension mod (like UI Cheat Extension or MC Cheats), though.
  • Options
    I'm guessing it needs the mod. I've never seen an Illness menu and I Shift+Click my Sims frequently. Sometimes to debug a stuck animation as well as the Needs cheats. Disable Need Decay seems to come undone every time they travel, especially for anyone left behind. Since I can't see my pets' Moodlets, the Make Happy cheat is the first thing I try when I see they're out of sorts. I'm sure I would have seen it by now if it was there.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Do you have “Change Sim Info... > Remove Moodlets” in your shift-click menu? If it’s there, you can use that to remove the hidden illness moodlet. It’s the one with the name of the illness (e.g., Llama Flu).
  • Options
    No. Change Sim Info isn't in the menu either. Now you mention it, though, I do have this cheat... sims.remove_all_buffs
    Maybe that will work. Then again... maybe they'll just still be sick without a corresponding Moodlet. I've had something similar happen with this cheat. I can always try it I suppose.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    That cheat used to work, but it got removed with the latest patch.
  • Options
    Ack! What!? Has it been replaced with anything? I know the modifyrelationship cheat was patched a while back. I hope there something to take the place of remove_all_buffs.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Nothing I’ve found, unfortunately. The devs disabled a bunch of cheats because apparently us players can’t be trusted not to break our games with them. There’s a full list here: https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/

Most of the disabled cheats are ones I’ve never heard of and have no idea what they do. That’s fair, messing with cheats that don’t have all that information out there is risky.

But removing all the buff cheats? Completely unnecessary IMO. Pretty sure you’re more likely to break something using Set as Head.
  • Options
    What do you mean by game breaking? With all the mods out there, and Custom Content, plus the fact you can cheat everything from Aspirations, to Skills, to Needs, to Careers, to you-name-it, I can only guess you mean things like causing glitches and stuff, rather than some unfair advantage some games discourage cheating about.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    I just browsed the list you posted. I wish the complete_achievement one was still good. I hate doing Social Events and some of the Achievements are for those. I'll probably never get those Achievements on my own.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    I’m not sure how remove_all_buffs could be game-breaking. I’ve never had anything go particularly wrong as a result of using it.
  • Options
    Nor I. Same goes for modify_funds. I've been wondering why it wasn't working. I like that cheat so much better because it gives you so much more control than motherlode. You can set the exact amount or raise or lower it by any denomination. What a thing to take away.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    The other money cheat still works (“money x”, sets household funds to equal whatever x is).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    One of my child Sims suddenly took a Sick Day from school. I tried to have him take medicine, but there's no option for it and his parents can't give it to him either. Can Child Sims not take the Medicine bought from the computer? If not, what are my options?

I found this out some time ago. The child must have a sick moodlet in order to take the medicine. For now, stick with the orange juice.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited August 2018
    nvm .. :)
    Post edited by Evie0602 on
  • Options
    @foxx_fennec - Thanks for the alternate cheat. That will save me a fair bit of PITA. :)
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Nothing I’ve found, unfortunately. The devs disabled a bunch of cheats because apparently us players can’t be trusted not to break our games with them. There’s a full list here: https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/

Most of the disabled cheats are ones I’ve never heard of and have no idea what they do. That’s fair, messing with cheats that don’t have all that information out there is risky.

But removing all the buff cheats? Completely unnecessary IMO. Pretty sure you’re more likely to break something using Set as Head.

I’m pretty sure set as head doesn’t work either as I tried to get my poor sim to take some of the food in the park. After setting it as head and resetting the game allows sims to take it. But it no longer works...at least in my game
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I think the Set As Head cheat is worse off than that now. I saw a video on YouTube that showed setting an object as the Sim's head would duplicate it and could it be sold once removed, but I tried it with a Plastic Pumpkin Eater and it didn't even duplicate. It just vanished. I'm guessing the whole thing got patched.
    9ndehwc.png