Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow day but the bus comes?

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
I've seen the notice a few times that because of heavy snow, school was cancelled. But the bus still comes and if one of the kids isn't doing anything else, they go to school (seems like of unfair to the kid who didn't get the message). Is this a bug?

EDIT: My kid who didn't get the memo about school being canceled got on the bus and went to school. Apparently, school really was closed and I found him playing the guitar for tips on the steps of the school - in 14 degrees and snowing. Not the sharpest stick in the pile I guess!

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The bus will usually come even if your children and teens aren't supposed to go to school that day. Just ignore it or cancel the go to school push, and eventually the bus will leave, and your student will not suffer an penalty for missing school.

I'm using NRaas Story Progression to give my children and teens the summers off from school when I play longer lifespans. Their career panel will show that they are supposed to go to school that day, and the bus will sometimes come for them, but as soon as the bus arrives, the notice will change to 1 day 1 hour. I cancel the push for them to go and ignore the bus sitting out there honking, and by 9 AM the bus leaves, and my students' suffer no penalty for missing school.

It works the same if they're sick, except the bus will always come, and if I cancel the push to go to school, it also cancels them being excused from school. Sometimes I have to let them get on the bus, but when they do, the bus leaves them behind, and I get a notice thanking my household for keeping their sick child home.