Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 world travel visa question

If you have a SIM that gets their visa points and then moves to a new town, will the visa points go with them or do they start over?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, sims will keep their visa levels if they move to a new town, whether you use the phone or just bin them and place them in a new world. They'll also maintain their progress towards all of the travel-related challenges, as with the other skill challenges.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Ty so much! I was hoping they would, have mine travelling and decided for a change of place, ty so much
  • Options
    jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    If you have a vacation home you'll have to re-buy it though, I just had to do this for mine :smile:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    What's more, they even keep their Visa level when they die. Everything a sim achieves in their life sticks to them and will forever. Keep in mind by the way a vacation house belongs to that particular sim. Kids for instance can't inherate it. If you built them a vacation home (or adjusted one) it will be gone or back to the way it was. So be sure to save the house to the bin, then you can put it into the WA world again once you've started a new save.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    What's more, they even keep their Visa level when they die. Everything a sim achieves in their life sticks to them and will forever. Keep in mind by the way a vacation house belongs to that particular sim. Kids for instance can't inherate it. If you built them a vacation home (or adjusted one) it will be gone or back to the way it was. So be sure to save the house to the bin, then you can put it into the WA world again once you've started a new save.
    Really? That has never been my experience, foreign homes belong to the household. If the household dissolves entirely because everyone in it has died then yes the ownership of the foreign home reverts to the world and can't be passed onto grown kids in a different household that way, but as long as there is one member left old enough to become the next head of the household (i.e., not a child) I always thought it should stick with them. Unless it's really NRaas StoryProgression (SP Money) that is doing this and I never noticed before having it in play, which is possible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net