Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living in Selvadorada (Unofficially) Question

floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but has anyone ever had a sim live in Selvadorada permanently? I know you can do it unofficially by simply extending their vacation for an indefinite amount of time, but I'm curious if anyone has ever tried to have a family live there? I have a couple that I want to have stay in Selvadorada permanently, but I also want them to have a kid. I'm not sure how that would work, as the child wouldn't be able to attend school (although, I'm not sure if that's really a big deal). I'm also not sure what other interactions might not work if they're not in a home world. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Also, I play rotationally between five families (one week each). Does anyone know if I would I have to keep moving them back to Selvadorada each time I switched back to them or would they stay there even when I'm not playing them?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited August 2018
    All I know is that without mods, you can never truly live in a vacation world, start a family, and have careers and school as well. For starters, Sims can't give birth while on vacation, and Sims also can't have an actual job while on vacation bc it will take from their days off and affect their job performance. Same with children/teens and school. As for playing rotationally while on vacation, I never rotate until they finish their vacation bc I personally believe it'll move them back home once their vacation days are up while you're rotating to another household.

Also, paying bills while on vacation is a total pain, bc there's the added glitch that you could be paying for both your regular house, and the vacation home together, and if you don't pay up the electric might be cut while on vacation too, which is ironic. Pretty much, trying to simulate living in Selvadorada is a pain and you should just save yourself the trouble and bring Selvadorada to your home instead.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png