Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shouldn't our kids , and teens be able to go trick or treating?

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
I think its honestly weird to have a tradition they are excited for . If their not even allowed to do i themselves? I mean you can have them to do a rabbit hole thing. Let them come back a few hours with candy?
Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on

Comments

• Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    This seems like a strange oversight from the devs. NPC children can come to your house but children in your own household that you're currently playing CAN NOT trick or treat. Therefore can not fulfill this holiday goal!
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yeah I don't get it either.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    The tradition has to do with handing out candy to trick or treaters. The candy bowl from spooky day does not fulfill it either you have to hand out candy to those that come to your door. Your sims cannot to trick or treating at all. Not an oversight just a design choice. I’d love if mine could go trick or treating but they didn’t do that.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    1) What are SHOLDN'Ts?
    2) It wasn't an oversight, it was a decision. Last version, kids went Trick or Treating. In this version, you stay home and hand out candy. It's just the other side of the coin.

You can set up your neighborhood to have a table with the candy bowl on the porch and take kids to the houses to get candy.
    Or you can throw a kids Halloween costume party and feed the kiddies all the scary foods that came with the Spooky pack.
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »
    The tradition has to do with handing out candy to trick or treaters. The candy bowl from spooky day does not fulfill it either you have to hand out candy to those that come to your door. Your sims cannot to trick or treating at all. Not an oversight just a design choice. I’d love if mine could go trick or treating but they didn’t do that.

So kids give out treats ?
  • Options

Yes they can or adults can when kids come to the door in costume.

• Options

I think that is kinda weird? I would prefer if they let them go by rabbit hole
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    1) What are SHOLDN'Ts?

It was a typo? I just fixed it. Thanks for telling me
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yeah that adults can come trick or treating is weird to say the least. And that they have so many costume options while kids get 3... so lame.
  • Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yeah that adults can come trick or treating is weird to say the least. And that they have so many costume options while kids get 3... so lame.

Yah, I wish we had more constumes for children
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi! It should be "our" in the title, not are. ☺

And no comma. "our kids and teenagers"
  • Options

Yeah I agree it be nice if we could like when sims go to a holiday ceremony. They just disappear for a few hours but I feel happy knowing they got to go somewhere.
  • Options
    Avaflower1230Avaflower1230 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Horrorgirl6;d-946002"]I think its honestly weird to have a tradition they are excited for . If their not even allowed to do i themselves? I mean you can have them to do a rabbit hole thing. Let them come back a few hours with candy?[/quote]

[quote="Horrorgirl6;d-946002"]I think its honestly weird to have a tradition they are excited for . If their not even allowed to do i themselves? I mean you can have them to do a rabbit hole thing. Let them come back a few hours with candy?[/quote]
    I totally agree, I wish that everyone should be able to trick or treat. It would bring so much more realism to sims; I hope they can make this possible.
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    edited August 2018

Yeah I agree it be nice if we could like when sims go to a holiday ceremony. They just disappear for a few hours but I feel happy knowing they got to go somewhere.

This mod does that! https://kawaiistacie.wixsite.com/sims/downloads/explore-mod you even get candy when they come home! The modder who did this makes wonder things and this one is something I'm super excited about when Halloween rolls around in my game! It says the modder has moved but the download still works and this one has yet to be moved to their new site.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think they should be able to yes
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    aoutl212aoutl212 Posts: 1 New Member
    @Treebrooke

Oh my god thank you so much for this! I can't wait for my sims to have trick or treating now.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Treebrooke wrote: »

This mod does that! https://kawaiistacie.wixsite.com/sims/downloads/explore-mod you even get candy when they come home! The modder who did this makes wonder things and this one is something I'm super excited about when Halloween rolls around in my game! It says the modder has moved but the download still works and this one has yet to be moved to their new site.

Yeeeeeeees thank you! Modders make the game better!
  • Options
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    Hi! It should be "our" in the title, not are. ☺

And no comma. "our kids and teenagers"

Okay thank you all for helping Mr.
  • Options
    Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    Unfortunately I think you have to have the “spooky stuff” stuff pack that is like 10$
  • Options
    Avaflower1230Avaflower1230 Posts: 2 New Member
    for what?
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Here is a mod that unlocks the treat interaction and the ask for party treats interaction. With this you can simulate trick or treating by asking other sims for treats. As a bonus doing this will actually complete the trick or treat holiday tradition

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=617008

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    VeerrassVeerrass Posts: 12 New Member
    if the sims 4 just was open world...
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    Veerrass wrote: »
    if the sims 4 just was open world...

Yeah...I prefer stability to an open world especially as Trick or Treating in the sims 3 never really WORKED very well. No one was home or it took too long to get to the houses and the poor little simmies were lucky to get a single house in. It was really bad.
  • Options
    V_IceV_Ice Posts: 49 Member
    My sims doesn't have children so I've never noticed. Wow, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    This seems like a strange oversight from the devs. NPC children can come to your house but children in your own household that you're currently playing CAN NOT trick or treat. Therefore can not fulfill this holiday goal!

Yes, they can. I learnt recently, children can greet the other children visiting and do some pranks with them which fullfill the trick or treat.