Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like about yourself? *Positivity thread*

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
I think as humans we tend to look deeply into our own flaws, and rarely what we like about ourselves.

So, I want you to tell me at least one thing you genuinely like about yourself, think about it. It can be anything.

Also, tell me one thing that you’re excited about for today, or something that made you happy. (Even if it’s something like eating your favorite candy bar or something)

I’ll start! I’m extremely empathetic, which used to bug me when I was younger, but now I realize it’s a trait that is admirable. I’ve held hands and comforted those who were dying, and I believe my empathy made the last moments for those people meaningful and personal.

I think I’m going to the county fair tonight with my family and I’m excited! I love all the fried food... probably too much x)

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    What a lovely idea.
    I love my ability to just laugh at the littlest things, and enjoy life. My sense of humor has gotten me through the darkest times in my life.

I’m most excited that I get to stay in and play sims on this cloudy rainy day. Oh and I also have the house to myself, which is nice.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I love this idea :smiley:

I love how I’m always smiling - I even got told off in Drama for smiling too much :grimace: . I think it makes me look friendly and approachable, and smiling is also contagious, so it makes others feel happy too :joy:

Today I found out about this game online called Town of Salam, which is similar to the Mafia Games we host on this forum, so they’re really fun to participate in :)
  • Options
    @OhMyHemsworth that is a wonderful trait to have! Have fun playing sims! It’s rainy here too!

@the_greenplumbob I love a smiley-person :) helps bring everyone in a good mood with them! Town of salem I love that game! I was super into it awhile back, have fun!
  • Options
    @OhMyHemsworth that is a wonderful trait to have! Have fun playing sims! It’s rainy here too!

@the_greenplumbob I love a smiley-person :) helps bring everyone in a good mood with them! Town of salem I love that game! I was super into it awhile back, have fun!

If you’re into Town of Salem, would you be interested in signing up for the next mafia game :smiley:
  • Options
    cloudsky331cloudsky331 Posts: 220 Member
    I really like my voice. Whether speaking or singing, I have an odd control over it, which is comforting. It's also just beautiful.
    "Why is nothing in the sims sparkly? They should add a sparkles stuff pack. Sparklepack."
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    This is a fantastic idea. I try to do the one think I'm happy about each day but the positive things about myself is always a tough one. But I strive to work on that too.

I like my sense of humor. I laugh at the stupidest things and am always laughing about something. I like that I don't take much too seriously and can have a good time and laugh away the stress. And help others do the same.

I'm excited that it's Friday night. Got a whole weekend to look forward to in a few hours. It's also payday so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a pizza and sims kind of night l. Haven't done that in far too long. It'll be nice.
  • Options
    @the_greenplumbob I’m in the process of moving right now so I don’t have a lot of time but I’d love to soon! Where’s the thread?

@cloudsky331 that’s fantastic! I always wished I was a good singer :)

@dreamerz13 a good sense of humor is very important. There’s not enough laughter in this world in my opinion. Yay! Those weekends are the best, I haven’t had one in so long. I think the most I’m able to play at one time is an hour or two lol
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Uh... I dunno...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I love my brain. It's my safe place.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited August 2018
    So I don't really like myself at all but I'll say I like being a redhead. I used to hate it and was bullied a lot for it but grown to like it, I feel it makes me different. :)

Playing with my budgies and having my cat sleep on me made me happy today.
  • Options
    @Movotti brains are beautiful

@kittymeow you’re so lucky! I wish I had red hair. One of my good friends has it, and combined with her fair skin she’s beautiful. Animal snuggles are the best!
  • Options
    SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    I like how squishy my body is especially my chubby cheeks. I'm like a chipmunk. *squish squish squish* *sings high pitched*

And I like...my tiny freckles on my forearms. It's the only place I have teeny tiny freckles...eh, that's all I can think of.

@Shadyboop , don't worry, it's ok to not be able to. But I'm certain you have some! <3

You are loved!
  • Options
    Smoochs wrote: »
    I like how squishy my body is especially my chubby cheeks. I'm like a chipmunk. *squish squish squish* *sings high pitched*

And I like...my tiny freckles on my forearms. It's the only place I have teeny tiny freckles...eh, that's all I can think of.

@Shadyboop , don't worry, it's ok to not be able to. But I'm certain you have some! <3

In all honesty, I hate myself to the point that there seems to be nothing I like about myself... :/
  • Options
    SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    @Shadyboop

It's alright mate. I was like that for awhile too. You gotta learn to love yourself and try not to be so self-depreciating and self-hating. It can take a while to kick the habit and feel good about yourself again, but trust me, it'll make you feel a ton better and I hope that you get there someday.

You are loved!
  • Options
    @Shadyboop you may think that, but I’m sure everyone around you notices wonderful things about you every day. Self-love can be hard. I spend so much time thinking about the dumb stuff I say or do, but I realize it makes me who I am and makes me different from everyone else. I bet you’re a wonderful human :)
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I like my eyes.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    This might sound weird, but I'm really proud of my eyebrows.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »

They on fleek?
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I think I'm very thankful of the fact that I am able to pick things up really easily when it comes to music. I'm rather proficient at the piano and the oboe and I started playing the guitar only two months ago and already have a booklet of songs I can play and sing along to, and it's something I am really passionate about

I feel like being musical is something I'm very proud of and I care about, and it's a positive trait I care more about than my own personal appearance; I've never really been a physical-appearance oriented person, haha, it's about what's on the inside!
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @the_greenplumbob I’m in the process of moving right now so I don’t have a lot of time but I’d love to soon! Where’s the thread?

Hi, sorry I only just noticed that you tagged me - Here is the mafia masterlist, it gets updated whenever a new game has started and is looking for more players :smiley:
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »

They on fleek?

Yes :smiley: probably my favorite facial feature tbh.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I like my eyes, music taste and my "I don't give up easily" attitude.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited August 2018
    Too much...... o:)o:)o:)
    Honestly and no narcissistically, I quite beautiful, although not always in line with everyone aesthetic, but in line with my aesthetic.
    I like my personality, I'm peaceable, cautious and practical, have strong heart.
    I have good eloquence and associative ability.
    I have good taste.
    I can painting no bad, writing good, playing dum kit good.
    I have unique and deep voice.

I think my greatest weakness is bad lifestyle.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like this thread :).

I’m pretty good with animals
    I’ve got a good knowledge of human nature
    I’m satisfied with little
    I always think positive
    I can laugh about a lot (mostly about me)
    I’ve got a good sense of humor
    I’m loyal and always keep my word

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋