Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store ""discontinuing" disclaimer..?

Disclaimer: I don't frequently stalk the Simpoint page, so if this has always been there, disregard or kindly tell me. However, I noticed this on the bottom:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE EA ONLINE SERVICE, INCLUDING AVAILABILITY, CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM ONLINE SERVICE FOR THIS TITLE MAY BE DISCONTINUED AND IS NOT GUARANTEED PLEASE SEE HTTP://WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES FOR DETAILS.

Saw this and decided to try and see if this was always there via the internet archive machine. Origin.com wouldn't load, so I couldn't quite check.
Maybe that's always been there.....

... however
On other "point" titles for other EA games, this type of disclaimer is not listed.
E.X Fifa points, Madden NFL points, Need For Speed points.

Only for the BioWare points. Those have the same "warning". And BioWare points were released in 2011, so, it makes sense I suppose.

I don't know, I think I'm just wondering if this has always been there. Or if this is a new addition and may be hinting that EA plans to close the Store.
It is close to 10 years since the game was released..

.. EA is still selling the games for $19.99, so perhaps I'm just overthinking, lol.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't know if that disclaimer was always there or how recently it popped up. But we should probably try to take some comfort in the facts that:

-- The store was still producing new (to us) items for purchase until Sept 2014. The game may be 9 years old, but the premium store content on offer is not.

-- The game itself is still of course a popular selling item and the store has got to be a significant source of revenue, it's not like it's a service being provided to players that generates nothing in return.

-- We have been told repeatedly by EA community managers that there will be plenty of advance notice given should they ever do decide to shut the store down.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net