Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying a camera

So I did a custom search of all the TS3 forums (including sub categories) for the word "camera" for the past 12 months and it came up with exactly 2 (two) results. I know for a FACT I asked a question about where to buy one in this forum somewhere and it didn't show that result. That tells me the search feature isn't working very well.

So, if I remember correctly, I was told I could buy it at a consignment shop sometimes. My poor photographer has been to the shop half a dozen times with no luck so far. Where else can they buy it besides going on vacation? Or is that it?

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited July 2018
    Search has been flubbed up for the past few days.

I cheat and buydebug it...I get one for each member of the family I’m playing but if you’re not a big cheaty pants yes Egypt and the consignment shop are I believe the only two options.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited July 2018
    Your choices boil down to what Charlottesmom says: Either buydebug or the Al Simhara Market. The consignment store is pretty much hit or miss. The DSLR type camera (the Hikon)...you pretty much are limited to going to Egypt for; it rarely ever comes up in the consignment store. The (ChannenTec) point and shoot comes up a little more frequently, but not as often as people would like. As I said, it's hit or miss.

You can pretty much tell I'm not awake yet. I looked at the title and thought. OK...there's always Craigslist...if you want a camera at a decent price...if you need any tips on photography...you can always ask me. :D Teach me to start typing without thinking. :D Yeah... @Nikkei_Simmer... This is the Sims 3 forum...remember switch brain to Sims 3 mode.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I think the cheap (disposible? they certainly look like it) cameras are also available in China and France.

By the way, if you're looking for one of your own posts, you can just go to your profile page and click on "comments" or "discussions." (This also works for someone else's post, if you remember who wrote it.) They're listed in reverse chronological order and will link to their respective threads.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here is your thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944641/photography-career

Just like puzzle said, click on your username at the top or here and it will take you to your profile page. That's where you will find the threads you've made (under DISCUSSIONS).
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    You can pretty much tell I'm not awake yet. I looked at the title and thought. OK...there's always Craigslist...if you want a camera at a decent price...if you need any tips on photography...you can always ask me. :D Teach me to start typing without thinking. :D Yeah... @Nikkei_Simmer... This is the Sims 3 forum...remember switch brain to Sims 3 mode.
    *bursts out laughing* Oh my gosh that's funny. And totally something I would do!

Thanks everyone for the confirmation. My Sim is about 5 days to elder and wishes to travel so I might send him and the wife off on a short trip to get one. He can then pass it on to his son who I think might just enjoy a career in photography (and will have plenty of time to reach the top).