Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#FreeTheBabies

I really feel in the Sims 4 the babies are lacking. I loved how in the Sims 3 you could move the baby around the house with you, example; you could have a play pen in the living room and move the baby there while you cooked. In the sims 4 it seems wrong to leave the baby in the bedroom the whole day but f put anywhere else it would seem wrong at night. I would love to be able to take them on walks and hold them watching tv or doing other jobs. I would also love them to have a changing table. They would have play mats and little inside baby swings to keep them happy, and even have them learn to roll over, sit up and crawl.
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Agreed.

In Sims 2 you could take them out and change them on a changing table, too... which I loved.

Right now in Sims 4, the baby is just a piece of furniture you can interact with like a TV or a Refrigerator. Which is kind of sad.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Agreed.

In Sims 2 you could take them out and change them on a changing table, too... which I loved.

Right now in Sims 4, the baby is just a piece of furniture you can interact with like a TV or a Refrigerator. Which is kind of sad.

Yes it's very sad :cry:
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yeah, free the babies, so you can wash them in the sink, and leave them on the floor with the dirty nappies and rancid bottles, just like you could in TS2. :)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    I hope they update the sims Mobile with interactive baibies I love to customize them, Cuddle on the couch , crawl etc. The babiesand infants is what makes Sims special in Sims Mobile they lost the magic of infants and babies.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    @Leahmiller2006

I actually prefer the babies as they are. But then, I skipped Sims 2 and Sims 3. I felt Sims 4 made the babies more reminiscent of the original The Sims game that I played for 15 years. It was just one of the positive selling points when I researched between Sims 3 and Sims 4.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I would love this. In S3, we had the baby mat, the swing, the stroller and could do many things with the baby including taking them off the lot with us and laying them down wherever you go.

Would love:
    1. all the S2/S3 interactions- sink bathing, ect.
    2 all S2 S3 items-infant mat, stroller, swing, playpen, walker, rider for outside. xylophone
    3. Passies(round/square) for infants & toddlers.
    4. CAS for infants-bibbed outfit, onesie(dif styles), sleepers(diff. colors), sleeping gowns(white, pink, blue, ect.), little dress/tux, diaper(diff
    colors including bluejean), blanket cheap(diff colors/thin some with characters), lacy blankets(white, yellow, pink, blue), sweater look )
    blanket/fuzzy look( white, blue, pink, and a pattern one), baby cover up for winter with hood and a line instead of feet/ also a cover up that
    has feet and is furry(white, blue, pink, red(holidays), orange(holidays))
    5. Infants own toys to decorate their new baby beds. Blanket colors, mobile above & singing lights lullabye mobile, plush animals/squeeky
    toy/mirror to set along bed sides and infant looks at them-gains fun from the toys/mirror & attention from the plushies.
    6. large baby beds/baby beds for infants/toddlers that toddlers can't get out of and can be locked so adults
    can't take them out unless I want them to.- bassinette to still use & the bassinette that has no legs on it to sit in a floor=beds.
    7. car seats to carry to other lots
    8. back/front slings to carry infants around and to take them to other lots
    9. Infant activity lay in seat
    10. Lotion to buy to put on to cause different emotions for infants/toddlers(sleepy- lessens time on bar by a bunch , happy_ attention & mood
    bar filled up, mad, sad, scared, inspired, really happy)- would be great for story telling, just to get infants/toddlers in whatever mood you
    wanted them in real fast kind of how best friend/energy potions worked in S3
    11. brush hair interaction for infants/toddlers.

Unrelated- I do have autonomy off for every sim.
    1. put a lock on the high chair so no one can take toddlers out and they can't get down either.
    2. fix it to where the toddlers won't say positive things after I try to get them to hit/yell. Had both very sad and they kept putting their own
    friendly stuff in when I had their ques mean for about 3 mean interactions. I extremely despise how sims in S4 can put their own stuff in or
    ignore our ques for them. I could load up S3 ques on a family of 8 and they would do them in order and never deviate from them, all eight
    of them. I can't control sims even with all autonomy for everyone off.
    3. If infants get a CAS, patch in clothes for holidays like: Spooky day-little pea, pumpkin, goth one Christmas- santa suit, reindeer, elf,
    gingerbread winter- snowman outfit love day- heart sleeper egg/bunny day- sleeper with colored eggs...………... If special packs and
    can add outfit like beach- diaper/sunglasses(diff colors & pink/blue), a goth pack- goth sleeper/onesie/dress/blanket/sleeping gown,
    diaper, passy(bat passy), infant goth toy,
    4. Toddler blankie to cuddle, drool on so it has to be washed, thrown up to catch, grow attached to, sleep with, carry, sit on ect.

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Passies(round/square)
    lolwut?
    Please explain what this is, cos I have no idea.

car seats to carry to other lots
    Would make more sense if the game included cars.
    back/front slings to carry infants around and to take them to other lots
    that makes more sense.
    But what about a pram?
    balmoral_navy.jpg

baby-fashion-scarlett-retro-baby-pram-3in1-travel-system-blue-7215-0-1520340524000.jpg

I extremely despise how sims in S4 can put their own stuff in or ignore our ques for them.
    That leads to rage-quitting.
    Our sims are like wayward children, you give them a list of things to do, and you'll find them having a bubble bath. :/

Toddler blankie to cuddle, drool on so it has to be washed, thrown up to catch, grow attached to, sleep with, carry, sit on ect.
    Insecure sims should keep it past the toddler stage, and bring it out when they nap.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    After playing the Sims for around 20 years I come to the idea there are members of this community that have the ear of EA. There was no good reason to turn a baby into a object and skip the toddler phase. Yes we got toddlers later but it should not have been skipped.
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    There was no good reason to turn a baby into a object and skip the toddler phase.

Sure there was. They were trying to push it out for a specific deadline and babies-as-furniture and no toddlers meant a lot less coding... Since children Sims are very similar to adult ones, but babies and toddlers are very different and require almost a completely different set of scripts/coding.

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    To be honest here, I don't really care about whether they are going to update babies in the future or not. They have always been the least interesting life stage to me and I actually find them more bearable in this game than in TS3. I don't think freeing them from the crib would make them less boring. They should first update their looks. As one of my favorite youtubers said, "they are the least human looking sims ever". They even look a bit creepy.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t miss moving the baby around, but I do miss having additional objects in the house for the baby, like the changing station for example. I think if we had maybe that, a swing, a playpen, some other objects that would hold babies other than the crib you can’t even customize after they’re born, I’d be ok.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    These babies are particularly creepy lol. Demon babies.

I don't expect they will #FreeTheBabies at this late stage in the game because there is not enough outcry about it, but I do hope they will update them to give us some extra options -

Additional styles of crib we can put them in
    Clothing
    Hair choices

The clothing and hair options could be done as a swatch like the furniture options, since babies are just objects, so I see no reason why they couldn't do this for us. Some warm full length clothing for the colder months, a few different styles of the current outfit for warmer months etc.

It would also be nice if they held the baby until selecting to put it back in the crib. That way, we could queue up a few actions like feed, rock, cuddle without it being put back in the darn crib after every single darn interaction.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    As for a visual update, it would be good enough if they would just give atleast some of the babies hair. It's not like every newborn doesn't have a single hair on their head, it's actually the opposite quiet often.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    I disagree that there hasn't been enough feedback about the babies. There's been plenty.

I wish that EA could send the furniture babies back to the year 2000, where they came from. It's 2018 and there's so much more that could be done with the infant life stage.

I know that there were lots of complaints about cold, naked babies, left to fend for themselves in the snow. But couldn't that problem be solved by creating other docking stations for the babies besides the bassinet? Changing tables, play mats, infant seats, strollers, play pens, swings, bouncy chairs, the middle of a double bed... All of those could be places to "park" the baby when a Sim isn't interacting with it.

Real life babies are so much fun. EA, you've captured some of the magic of toddlers. Please, turn your attention to the babies so that they can be a part of their Sim families, too -- like they used to be.

Edited to add: I also didn't mind the rancid diapers and fuming green bottles all over the place. Details like that are what makes TS2 the pinnacle of the series, to this day. When Sims had babies in the house, it was easy to tell.

Babies are a lot of work and the house should look like it with all kinds of baby paraphernalia all over the place. I would love fully kitted out nurseries, plus bottles, bottle warmers, clothes, toys... No more Sims pulling bottles out of their pants. No more disappearing diapers. Bring the details back. Please.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    Always felt like babies were pretty much like objects in every game only difference is you were able to move carry the other ones. There just isn't much of anything to do with them, but you know they are babies. Always been the most lacking stage in games, since with aging on they usually get like two days?

It's nice that Grant mentioned babies are definitely on their list among other things that need improving. Though if anything I find them to need a upgrade visually a little.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Trinaboswell29Trinaboswell29 Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2018

Movotti wrote: »
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Passies(round/square)
    lolwut?
    Please explain what this is, cos I have no idea.

car seats to carry to other lots
    Would make more sense if the game included cars.
    back/front slings to carry infants around and to take them to other lots
    that makes more sense.
    But what about a pram?
    balmoral_navy.jpg

baby-fashion-scarlett-retro-baby-pram-3in1-travel-system-blue-7215-0-1520340524000.jpg

I extremely despise how sims in S4 can put their own stuff in or ignore our ques for them.
    That leads to rage-quitting.
    Our sims are like wayward children, you give them a list of things to do, and you'll find them having a bubble bath. :/

Toddler blankie to cuddle, drool on so it has to be washed, thrown up to catch, grow attached to, sleep with, carry, sit on ect.
    Insecure sims should keep it past the toddler stage, and bring it out when they nap.

They are talking about pacifiers it would be good to add along with the strollers (pram)
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I miss being able to put babies out in the yard to attract wolves like you could in Sims 2 :wink:
    And holy cow - could Sims 2 babies really scream (and the toddlers)!
    Seriously though - Sims 4 babies are just boring - I usually just age them up to toddlers right away.
    Sims 3 did babies the best altogether.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I don't necessarily mind them being bound to the bassinet, but I would like to have move them from it to another object (i.e. stroller, changing table, highchair, playpen, etc).
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Save Sims 4 babies. !!!
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    To be honest, I would still age them up right after being born, to get to toddler. If they free them or not. I spend as little time as possible on baby/toddler/child stages. I will max out skills/aspirations, but as soon as they are, its the cake for them. To me, any extra things and activities including babies, would be another chore my adult sims don't have time for (like laundry). I'm happy they have time to bond with them, and max out their friendship.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah that's another aspect of the game that sucks.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yes! Please free the babies. I love how breastfeeding is an option to feed them now, but they're so disappointing otherwise. They also look really weird, like play dolls instead of baby sims. The babies in Sims 2 have so much more detail to them. You can see their eye color & their eye brows tell you what their hair color will be on aging up.

We need real sim babies, not objects.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    #freethebabies

I know it's the most lacklustre of all life stages but that lack of interaction with our baby sims is a game killer for me, I want my sims to be able to spend time with all their kids from babies to toddlers, to kids to teens. It's a life simulation! nobody (least not the decent parents) leaves their baby in a crib the whole day, only coming to lob a bottle at it or make pixels appear while they change a nappy!

How hard is it to unlock them from that annoying like basket with legs, enable fridge feeds, throw in a changing table and some new interactions?!

they can rehaul the gardening and gallery system! Why can't they spend a lil time fixing baby sims, a feature we actually WANT them to sort out?!

Not being rude, I understand how hard everybody is working on the sims 4, but how many times have we asked them to fix babies compared to those of us who have asked for a gallery rehash? I highly doubt enough simmers asked for a gallery update to outweigh an update for baby sims.
  • Options
    EnderBonnieEnderBonnie Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be cool if Sim parents could teach baby sims stuff, like what they do with the toddlers but instead teaching the babies to walk, or even feeding them soild food for the first time! It would also be really nice to add more baby furniture. Like more then just two types of bassinets (I don't know if the alien bassinet exists or where it is), mobiles the sims could interact with (possibly winding it up for the babies to fall asleep to), etc.
  • Options
    Jalo112Jalo112 Posts: 1 New Member
    We need free, improved babies and shorter, younger-looking teens!