Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Ways to make money from home

Sorry about all the questions, but again new to 4. What ways in base-game can my single mom make money from home?

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Paintings, wood crafting table and create some wood crafts. Gardening and selling the produce.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Painting, writing, gardening & collecting. Fishing can make some money, but not much.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Ok thank you all.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Selling bar drinks can also net you a little income.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited July 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »

my sims when doing this have only paid for other sims drinks. when bar tending. How can they make money doing this.

Singing, telling jokes and playing music, the better they are the more tips they get.

we used to be able to sell from the sale table, but last I looked it wasn't working. and neither is the painting board, we could sell for a large percent on top, but neither work at this time, a bug.

having a dog and training them to a certain level training skill, you can get your dog to dig and you can sell what they find.

digging up the rocks, and selling what you find.
    going to the curry festival, and harvesting the plants and selling them from your inventory, is a great way to get money straight away. I always keep one of each plant and plant them at home. once they grow you can harvest them and get rich.

also getting the blue automatic bin, you get 10 simoleans for every family member if you drag the plates and rubbish into it yourself.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »

my sims when doing this have only paid for other sims drinks. when bar tending. How can they make money doing this.

Your Sim needs to mix a drink by himself at the bar (at home) and then you have to sell it over the buy mode.

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Buy a guitar, learn it, then go play for tips on the street corner. My very first Sim did this for a living (from Y A to grave).
    Buy a computer, learn Writing skill, then write books out of your home.
    Go out and collect/open time capsules and fossils. Collect gems, metals, fishes, and harvestables. Some of these collectables can be worth some big § § !!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Wow so much. I only have base game so is the curry festival part of it and if so how and were? What can I collect in base-game and do i just run around the community hunting for it like in sims 3? Thanks everyone for the help and ideas.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Tons of collectables can be found in just BASE -

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Collecting_(The_Sims_4)#Base_game

Hope this helps
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Wow so much. I only have base game so is the curry festival part of it and if so how and were? What can I collect in base-game and do i just run around the community hunting for it like in sims 3? Thanks everyone for the help and ideas.
    You can’t run around like TS3, TS4 is a closed word so when ever you leave to a different place on the map you will go through a loading screen. They are short though. Curry festival I believe came in part of the City Living expansion pack
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Busufu wrote: »

Your Sim needs to mix a drink by himself at the bar (at home) and then you have to sell it over the buy mode.

Or simply drag the drink to the sell button in the Sim's inventory.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Catching and breeding Frogs
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Writing, Painting, and Woodworking are all OP at making money at their highest levels. Write and publish a book every day on the weekdays and party on the weekends, and that's easy money. Get Painting up to level 10 and grind out a large abstract painting or two every day on the weekdays, and that's easy money. Get Woodworking up to level 10 and make bathtubs all day, and that's easy money.

The Sims 4: I Don't Need No Stinkin' Job!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    were do you get the woodworking bench?
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hacking from the programing skill can also net you money. I believe with the video gaming skill you can enter gaming tournaments and win cash prizes. You can write music with the guitar, violin, and piano and license them for money but you need high skill level to do this though.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Painting, writing, gardening & collecting. Fishing can make some money, but not much.

Actually, fishing can be VERY profitable. Especially at higher levels and if you know where to go for the best fish and objects. For instance, at the fishing spot between the rocks in the back of the Oasis Springs park you can reliably fish up violins worth a lot of money. Also, Cowberries worth 180 simoleans each and if you plant them and then sell them in build mode, are worth 475 simoleans each. It might be more now with the gardening update.

At the pier fishing spot in Magnolia Promenade, your Sim can fish up Voodoo dolls which are worth 950 simoleans each. Also at that spot they can fish up Dragonfruit which is worth 250 simoleans each. Or you could have your Sim plant them and they'll eventually be worth much, much more.

At higher skill levels in fishing, your Sim will be able to catch more rare fish such as Sturgeon which can be worth anywhere from a few hundred up to 3,000 simoleans each. Treefish and Angler fish are also worth a lot of money. So yeah, fishing can actually make your Sim rich. :)

*TIP - If you decide to try this route for making Simoleans at home, focused is the best mood for your Sim to have. They'll have better luck fishing and will skill up faster too. Just send a crystal collectible to the Geo Council through the mail by clicking on it and they'll send you back one or more elements the next day in the mail. Keep an element in your Sims personal inventory to 'place in world' near wherever they're fishing, enable the focused emotion by clicking on it and start fishing.

You can also use any fossil for the focused mood, but you'll have to study it first and the mood will only last a few hours. Elements focused mood stays activated as long as it's enabled. Hope this helps and Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Karababy52- wow I did not know yet about focused mood or elements or fossils. I will try that, sounds great but a lot that people have told me about, I find that I don't have because I only have base game. But I will check it all out in just a few minutes. Thanks so much, and by the way, looking for a boyfriend for my female sim and man I am in love with your aviator. LOL
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @kamra19610 You're welcome! Everything I've mentioned about fishing are base game features, so you'd be good to go with that. :)

Thanks about my avy too! That's my Sim Josh Hunter. He's a Super Sim and founder of my Apocalypse Challenge. I love him to death. He's actually the twin to another one of my Sims, Joel Hunter who is also a Super Sim. Neither one of them are on the gallery though. As Super Sims they have maxed out all skills, aspirations and most careers in the packs that I own. They're both very special to me.

I doubt he'd be much fun for you since there wouldn't be much else you could do with him. Well, except enjoy playing with a Sim that's done it all. That can be fun. He's perfect for an Apocalypse Challenge too since even though he's not a Wonder child, he has all the achievements of one.

Let me know if you still would like him, I'll upload him to the gallery. :)