Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photography career?

Is there a career for photography and if so, how do I get my sim into it?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    There does not seem to be. If there were, it would probably show under "Register As Self-Employed" at City Hall, but Carl's doesn't mention it as available, nor does NRaas Careers mod show it under the Self Employed module. If I have overlooked it, no doubt a better-versed player will say so. :)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am sure I have seen story progression pop ups of townies getting promotions in Photography so perhaps it is available at the Town Hall with Ambitions. I have only been seeing these pop ups recently and Ambitions is one of my more recent additions.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2018
    You go to city hall and register as self employed.which is a photographer.Then you make money during the way with pictures taken each certain milestone amount you advance in the career like onelevel is called dark room destroyer and another lens lover.Some have cash bonuses and there are tons of skill challenges too these are hard.Some really well deserved pats on the back for completing collections.And is fun to find the goals they want like catching people out dumpster diving or sims fighting a fire some are so crazy hard to spot out and about.

One you would think was easy took me forever I had simple task of catching a limo on the road but none ever passed by me.Then when was not ready or zooming out on the map 2 blocks over a limo going by. :s But photography is fun you will be like a paparazzi
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    There seem to be conflicting reports on this career and its showing up as a selection, but yes it is there as a self-employed option and a mod is not needed. For most of us I believe both WA and Ambitions are required, the first for the fully fleshed out version of the skill and the second for the career. One skill level in photography should be required to register for the self-employed career at City Hall.
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/worldadventures/photography/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Thank you! My newly moved in Sim spouse has the photographer's eye trait so I was hoping there would be a career he could get into like that. He apparently has a medical degree but I didn't want him to be a doctor. I had no idea he was already an adult when my young adult married him so he's 17 Sim years older than her. Not sure he'll have enough time to reach the top of that photography career but it might give me a good trial run for the next Sim who comes along who wants to do that for a living. Also, thanks for the tip igazor on needing a skill level to be able to register for self employment in that field. I had already checked for that and it wasn't listed as a career.
  • Options
    One you would think was easy took me forever I had simple task of catching a limo on the road but none ever passed by me.Then when was not ready or zooming out on the map 2 blocks over a limo going by. :s

As luck (misfortune) would have it, one of the zombies that stop by the house once a month leaves in a limo. Maybe that will work for that particular task!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    My favorite difficult task on the skill challenges that I keep coming across is when a teen photographer hobbyist needs to take a photo of their own grandchild. Yeah my game may be pretty unusual by many standards, but not by that much! :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I just had the lawn gnome photobomb a picture taken in the city park. Too funny! I think my Sim will enjoy this career. He does want to buy a camera so that's my next thing to do.

EDIT: where do I buy a camera? :/
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just got this today when playing today....Gabriel was level 3 in photography when he got this wish. No mods...

43380854962_f508492129_z.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) You can travel to Egypt to buy a World Adventures camera or use the cheat testingcheatsenabled true + buydebug then in buy mode, you should see a question mark catalog. That opens buydebug > filter World Adventures pack in the Misc. Objects section.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Simplyjen That's exactly right.

Since @Rhiannon58 is kind of new to Sims 3, just in case needed, the exact way to get into the buydebug catalog is:

Open cheat window with Ctrl/Shift/C
    Type in 'testingCheatsEnabled true'
    Hit Enter

Open cheat window again
    Type in 'buydebug on'
    Hit Enter again.

You only see the ? button for buydebug in one display for buy mode, the category display, as opposed to the room display or the collections. Not in game so I can't see exactly what it's called, but it's the display where you see groupings by things like appliances, comfort, surfaces.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Cameras may also occasionally show up for purchase at Consignment Stores.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!