Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A nitpick about soap bottles

I wish that soap bottles could be set on the rims of sinks, rather than having to be on shelves or a counter. I want my Sims to have soap to wash their hands with in the bathroom, but I have nowhere to put it when I use a pedestal sink.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It would be nice if soap bottles and rolls of toilet tissue were functional and sims used them while washing hands and relieving themselves.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It would be nice if soap bottles and rolls of toilet tissue were functional and sims used them while washing hands and relieving themselves.

Soap bottles I can see being a small function on a sink or wall ( i think we have one but it's just deco), but dunno how to feel about sims having to grab toilet paper to wipe their butts. :|

Other than 'gross'. Probably TOO much detailed gameplay for me.

Fun fact you can upgrade your sink in adding a soap dispenser strangely enough.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I do remember sims 3 had soap dispensers on the rim of the sink, although it had no function. Evil sims could wash hands with 'evil soap'. Sims 4 ought to bring back the evil interactions for evil sims.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @TamakiSakura84 Working soap dispensers would be cool. I appreciate little details like that.

However, if you want to put a soap dispenser at the edge of the sink right now, there's a work around:

Make sure that your move objects cheat is active, then raise the soap dispenser with the "9" key, to the height of the sink. Most of the time, this creates a pretty decent illusion that the soap bottle is resting on the sink.

I realize that it's additional work, but it's the best that we have right now. :/
    I3Ml5Om.jpg