Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Pack Confirmed? Official Polish Q&A

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Why is everybody thinking it's going to be an EP? We JUST got one and they take quite a long time to make. If anything, it's either going to be a GP or an SP, but certainly not University or Farming or any other EP type packs people are mentioning.

Sure, if I'm wrong, feel free to spoon-feed me my words. I'm just saying it seems highly unlikely and that some of you may be setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Because they always make multiple EPs at the same time and they target a specific release window for a pack literally from years ago. TS4 has always had a rolling 3-year plan (meaning the studio always plans ahead for the next three years), and releasing 2 EPs in 2018 could be something they decided a long time ago & they’ve worked towards this goal for a long time.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Witches, University, or Witch University. All good options. :smiley:
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Why is everybody thinking it's going to be an EP? We JUST got one and they take quite a long time to make. If anything, it's either going to be a GP or an SP, but certainly not University or Farming or any other EP type packs people are mentioning.

Sure, if I'm wrong, feel free to spoon-feed me my words. I'm just saying it seems highly unlikely and that some of you may be setting yourselves up for disappointment.

They most certainly work on more than one pack at a time. They didn’t finish up seasons and then just sit down and start work from scratch the next day. They already have things in the works. Sure, most of the work close to a release will be on one pack, but it’s not at all crazy to think they could have another EP ready for fall. I’m not saying that’s a given, either though. We could be getting a game pack next and maybe that’s it for the year. Who really knows at this point.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not to be a wet blanket, but pack releases have been steadily declining: 2015 - 8, 2016 - 7, 2017 - 6. If the pattern holds, we will get 5 this year, and 4 have already come out. We have already been told by a guru that there will be quarters with no packs. Be nice to be wrong, but I suspect Q3 (July-Sept) will be packless with the 5th pack coming out in Q4 (Oct-Dec) to take advantage of the year end buying season. Said pack will likely be either a game or stuff pack as we've not gotten 2 expansion packs in the same year since 2015.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    GP maybe, but a SP won't pull in all the holiday money like an EP or even a GP.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I doubt it would be an SP during the Holiday Season and I think it will be an Expansion. We're still in July. It makes sense to think there are 3 more packs coming.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It would be nice if we got two (full-fledged and complete) expansions 6 months apart again. With TS4, I've been feeling we wait longer for expansions which aren't any better or advanced than their predecessor counterparts.

Bring on the expansions, complete TS4, and move onto TS5 where we may hopefully see the innovation and fun pick up from where The Sims 3 left off.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member

I understand what you're saying, but I think a lot of people here are more speculating based on this polish announcement that we will get another expansion this year (likely around the holidays) and what that expansion might be, not that it will be the next thing we are going to get.

That's a little more reasonable, but I have my doubts.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Because they always make multiple EPs at the same time and they target a specific release window for a pack literally from years ago. TS4 has always had a rolling 3-year plan (meaning the studio always plans ahead for the next three years), and releasing 2 EPs in 2018 could be something they decided a long time ago & they’ve worked towards this goal for a long time.
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

They most certainly work on more than one pack at a time. They didn’t finish up seasons and then just sit down and start work from scratch the next day. They already have things in the works. Sure, most of the work close to a release will be on one pack, but it’s not at all crazy to think they could have another EP ready for fall. I’m not saying that’s a given, either though. We could be getting a game pack next and maybe that’s it for the year. Who really knows at this point.

If I could really agree with the speculation that we may get another EP this year, if they really do work on multiple packs at once, then I can agree that it would definitely release quite late into 2018.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    gpneves123 wrote: »
    I just want University Life now pleaseee EA

Me too!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

Lomelindi7 wrote: »

If I could really agree with the speculation that we may get another EP this year, if they really do work on multiple packs at once, then I can agree that it would definitely release quite late into 2018.

We know from the Community thing with Laundry Day that it takes a year to make a Stuff Pack.
    We cannot assume that a GP or EP takes less time. So in order to have multiple GPs and SPs each year, they have to work on multiple packs at the same time in different stages of developement.
    Of one pack, they know the general theme and work through the concept art to decide what should be in it and what can beskipped or used in a later pack. In another they have most of the furniture and Clothing already done and are currently doing the animations and scripts for the gameplay parts, and a differnt one may perhaps be in a bugtesting stage right now...
    I am even willing to bet that EPs acually vary in development time so much that some might take 3 years to make and others one and a half or less. I am willing to bet that work on Cats and Dogs started before get to work came out.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    If they released 2 EPs this year, then I'll be impressed. :o But if a game pack or stuff pack is released later on for 2018, then I'd think that's whats expected of EA, since that is their usual routine. :|
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    I don't want to spend more money. I just want them to fix the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I'm ready for another gamepack announcement. Yes we just got seasons and I don't want something new in my game already perse but I always like knowing what's stuff to come in the future as I'm a dreamer when it comes to the sims 4 and I always like thinking about possibilities this game has content wise.

I don't know if expecting another expansion for this year is realistic, perhaps some people would set themselves for disappointment by saying they are 100% sure to get a ep this year (I've seen ppl like that here and there) but I think it might be quite safe to say we're getting a gamepack this year?

They said we''ll be getting less stuffpacks and I wonder in general what's going on with the stuffpack team as SimGuruGraham moved over to the EP team as he had a leading role I think?

So I wonder if we'll see any stuffpacks anytime soon anyways.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018

Exactly. I don't know why so many people think they only work on one thing at a time. Another EP this year is still perfectly possible, especially with the recent announcement of them changing their schedule completely.

Y'all forgot Get Together and City Living's most prominent features were supposed to be in the base game, but they decided to cut off a grand deal of them and center 2 expansions around said features later on? Looks like thanks to that decision they had plenty of time to develop things on the side in 2015-2016 and we might be getting them very soon.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think they chose between two EP's, to release something as nice as Seasons before November, shows that we have something better coming or equally as good, I think maybe Cars, bikes, and motorbikes.
    Did you simmers forget how much we use to beg for cars?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I think they chose between two EP's, to release something as nice as Seasons before November, shows that we have something better coming or equally as good, I think maybe Cars, bikes, and motorbikes.
    Did you simmers forget how much we use to beg for cars?

I think cars will come in a free update not a pack but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    Zedie wrote: »
    I bet you all one million american dollars that it's university.

Hopefully it is and it brings back the wild parties,keg drinking and photobooths.

Yes....parties in the sim > real life parties. Wow I'm a square, hahaha.
  • Options
    ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    Seasons stuff pack with snowman race added to CAS. Obviously.
  • Options
    Zedie wrote: »
    Seasons stuff pack with snowman race added to CAS. Obviously.

There won't be a Seasons Stuff Pack however I can see a Gamepack with an Alpine Location with skiing and other activities.