Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling Flower Arrangements Retail (Doesn't Work?)

Hi all! Wondering if anyone knows why this is happening? I've tried creating my own florist shop and setting arrangements as for sale, as well as downloading from the gallery. But the arrangements turn into this weird not-really-there version? Is it just me? Is there a way to avoid this?

5zf67r.png

Comments

• Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Bump just to find out if I’m the only one with this issue or if it’s a known problem :)
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I'm not sure what your mean with " not-really-there version". If you mean the vase, you can change the color by clicking on it. Are you making sure to set them for sale? By the way I found out you can make more money if you have a "yard sale table". You can sell with 300% markup instead of just 100% in retail stores. I make about 20k form a single flower arrangement! :D
  • Options
    See in the picture how the flowers are just long stick looking things? All of the arrangements look that way (in various colors) but the actual flowers aren’t showing. I appreciate the yard sale tip! I was actually hoping to set the flowers so that my non-flower arranging sims could buy them as gifts, though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    See in the picture how the flowers are just long stick looking things? All of the arrangements look that way (in various colors) but the actual flowers aren’t showing. I appreciate the yard sale tip! I was actually hoping to set the flowers so that my non-flower arranging sims could buy them as gifts, though.
    Yes I do indeed see that. That isn't normal. Are you using mods in your game? If not this looks like a bug. Maybe send this picture to SimGuruNick or Arvin on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yes I do indeed see that. That isn't normal. Are you using mods in your game? If not this looks like a bug. Maybe send this picture to SimGuruNick or Arvin on Twitter.

Nope, no mods. Perhaps I will try to get ahold of them on Twitter. Thanks!

ETA: @SimGuruNick because I’m shy on Twitter :#:D is this something im doing wrong? Or a possible bug?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    That's weird. I have flowers for sale and they don't look like that; they look normal. So it happens immediately after you set them for sale?
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    That's weird. I have flowers for sale and they don't look like that; they look normal. So it happens immediately after you set them for sale?

Well, I built my own florist shop in one save, I had my sim create all the arrangements and set them for sale. I then sold the business so that it would be ran by NPCs (the florist is attached to a bakery with the same set up that works fine). The flowers are correct in that save.

I saved the lot to my library and added it to a different save. Flowers no longer look right. I thought maybe I set something up wrong, so I replaced it with a lot from the gallery which is where I got the screenshot. Obviously, it doesn’t work either.

So either something about saving the arrangements to your library/gallery doesn’t work or my save file is broken (somehow)...

Hope this makes sense :)

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Well, I built my own florist shop in one save, I had my sim create all the arrangements and set them for sale. I then sold the business so that it would be ran by NPCs (the florist is attached to a bakery with the same set up that works fine). The flowers are correct in that save.

I saved the lot to my library and added it to a different save. Flowers no longer look right. I thought maybe I set something up wrong, so I replaced it with a lot from the gallery which is where I got the screenshot. Obviously, it doesn’t work either.

So either something about saving the arrangements to your library/gallery doesn’t work or my save file is broken (somehow)...

So, like how artifacts reverted to their unrevealed state after being saved to the library? Sounds like a similar issue.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2018
    I made my own florist shop and added it to my library so I could put it in all my game saves. Downloaded it into one of my other saves and it is fine, all the flowers look normal...

Edit: Actually, now I look closer, no they don't look normal! I guess I never looked that closely before. Here's a screenie:

07-07-18_1-33-57%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    edited July 2018

So, like how artifacts reverted to their unrevealed state after being saved to the library? Sounds like a similar issue.

I wasn’t aware of that problem, but yes it definitely sounds the same! Do you know if there was any solution?
  • Options
    I made my own florist shop and added it to my library so I could put it in all my game saves. Downloaded it into one of my other saves and it is fine, all the flowers look normal...

Edit: Actually, now I look closer, no they don't look normal! I guess I never looked that closely before. Here's a screenie:

07-07-18_1-33-57%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Ah, yep. That’s how they look for me. Kind of frustrating Love Day is tomorrow and I’m sort of holding off playing as I was really hoping to buy flower arrangements as gifts. :(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ah, yep. That’s how they look for me. Kind of frustrating Love Day is tomorrow and I’m sort of holding off playing as I was really hoping to buy flower arrangements as gifts. :(
    Well, I just went in to test it out, thinking they might change after purchase, but no.

My sim bought a flower arrangement and gave it to his wife as a gift and it still looked the same. I took him back to the store again to see if the reset replacement for the one he bought looked abnormal and it did :(

So... not much point in having a flower shop then.
  • Options
    Well, I just went in to test it out, thinking they might change after purchase, but no.

My sim bought a flower arrangement and gave it to his wife as a gift and it still looked the same. I took him back to the store again to see if the reset replacement for the one he bought looked abnormal and it did :(

So... not much point in having a flower shop then.

I’m hoping there is a way they’ll be able to fix it. I love the giving flower arrangements idea but not all of my sims will have that particular hobby. I need to be able to purchase them somewhere.

• Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    It looks like a game bug to me. If you like you can report the bug to EA at their bug report forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I wasn’t aware of that problem, but yes it definitely sounds the same! Do you know if there was any solution?

Yes, it was supposedly fixed either in the April or May patch, but this could be how they used similar coding from artifacts but an older version.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That's weird, I had a sim selling flower arrangements in a shop and everything was normal. Or at least it looked normal to me from what I can remember.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @LaurenLoser16 @elanorbreton Try saving the (original, working) lot to your library without setting the flowers for sale. Don't set them for sale until after you've placed the lot in your new save. Does that work?
  • Options
    @LaurenLoser16 @elanorbreton Try saving the (original, working) lot to your library without setting the flowers for sale. Don't set them for sale until after you've placed the lot in your new save. Does that work?

Excellent idea! I’ll have to try that tonight. I’ll be sure to report back the results. :)

• Options
    R13n3R13n3 Posts: 48 Member
    Bump, same in my game

Did you find a solution to this??

IOP5lUw.jpg
  • Options
    honeygirl25honeygirl25 Posts: 8 New Member
    This is still happening. It kinda reminds me of when you get placemats from debug they only show up in 3 patterns.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I know this is an older thread, but seeing as this bug still hasn't been fixed, I might as well add the AHQ bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-All-Flower-Arrangements-look-the-same/td-p/7527527
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top