Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scouting good deed badge feedback

Bit of a letdown for me, honestly. Some of the skills for the Good Deed badge are a bit odd (take out the trash? maybe it should be in civil badge instead?), yet volunteering doesn't count. Quite the oversight there. Can't seem to get 'make Sims laugh' to count either, so I'm a bit stuck right now (no kids to help with homework, I have a garbage incinerator so no trash to take out, and doing laundry doesn't count either).

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The volunteering is a huge oversight. Hopefully the gurus will rectify that in a patch because it makes more sense as an activity to help gain a badge more than anything there is. As for making a sim laugh--I literally just had a funny conversation once with my sim's dad and earned that badge. The scholastic aptitude badge was super ridiculously simple too because my kid did homework ONE TIME and earned it. The scouting definitely needs some tweaking. Not sure why your interactions aren't counting towards the badges though! Do you have any mods?
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    No mods or CC.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    The volunteering is a huge oversight. Hopefully the gurus will rectify that in a patch because it makes more sense as an activity to help gain a badge more than anything there is. As for making a sim laugh--I literally just had a funny conversation once with my sim's dad and earned that badge. The scholastic aptitude badge was super ridiculously simple too because my kid did homework ONE TIME and earned it. The scouting definitely needs some tweaking. Not sure why your interactions aren't counting towards the badges though! Do you have any mods?

That's weird because my kid keeps doing his homework and he hasn't gotten it yet

• Options
    Jokes are still not working. Ugh.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i wound up having my teen sims (brother/sister) create a 'llama scouts' club and invite other scouts to join them. turns out that teens can help children do homework, but not other teens. so quickly snapped up all the child scouts in my game and made 'do homework' one of the llama scout club rules. that helped immensely, since the teens could then 'help do homework' (and would start doing that on their own, unless one of the adults in the family tried to beat them to it)

but yeah, i had the same issue. the family is alien (well, half-alien for the kids) and the mother is a scientist (and alien) so they use the hyper futuristic looking trash can that instadestroys anything placed in it, none of the 'make a sim laugh' things on sims from toddler to elder worked for the badge. kids even stopped making messes at the park so i wasn't able to see if that counted for any of the badges. but finally, thanks to that club, i've got llamacorn scouts. ...and apparently the 'super scout uniform' that unlocks is bugged 'cause i'm seeing no such thing anywhere in cas
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I was able to unlock the super scout uniform but she still wears the normal uniform to scouts and I can’t figure out how to get her to wear the new one.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Even after reinstalling the game... doesn't work. Nor does taking trash out (had to try it). So frustrating.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It does seem buggy, I was able to complete all of the badges except the one that requires an athletic action. My Sim earned half of it and then randomly the actions stopped counting, he had earned some of it on the swings and jungle gym, then it just stopped. I was curious if you could only use an item a few times or something, but adding a basketball hoop didn’t add anything either (kids are rather limited for athletics as it is).
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    My sim was able to get the athletic one by using the monkey bars, and also by dancing. It seemed time-based though... Like they would only get credit for it after doing it for a while(unlike fishing, which counts as soon as you choose to fish).
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Derella wrote: »
    My sim was able to get the athletic one by using the monkey bars, and also by dancing. It seemed time-based though... Like they would only get credit for it after doing it for a while(unlike fishing, which counts as soon as you choose to fish).
    Maybe that was my issue then, I’ll have to try again.
  • Options
    I finally got it by replacing their fancy trash compactor with a trash pan... Emptying that one did it (just picking up trash and putting it outside wasn't cutting it).
  • Options
    asharaynasharayn Posts: 8 New Member
    Crazy so much time has passed and this badge still doesn't work. I finally got it by getting one of the smaller trashcans and then I would have my teen's mom go kick the outside trashcan. Then I would move the trash pile inside the house so my teen could then throw it away. Then I would have her pick up the can and then go inside to empty the small can and she finally got the points for her badge.