Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best lot type for rinks?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Mine is a gym except I hid the equipment and I've seen exactly one (1) sim use the ice rink autonomousl.

Everyone else is chilling on the pavement, ordering coffee or watching my sims skate like creeeps.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes, Sims don't use the rink autonomously and even if you create a club of townies they will not use it but stand outside the rink and comment the skaters (mis)fortunes which is quite nice.

BUT it is nevertheless very easy to fill the rink! Let your played Sim start to skate, then click on every nearby Sim you like and invite him/her to join you. They will obey immediately and skate with you for a long time. It is not necessary that your Sim knows the townies. Maybe this is even by design to avoid chaos on the rinks. Perhaps a guru can clarify this.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I don't really want a new lot type for the rinks, but it would be good to have an attraction update.

I just think its lazy and poor with the continue of using base game lots instead of a lot especially for the special lots.
    A lot for each type would be better.
    you wouldn't have to use it.
    we all have a chose of free will on what we use and don't use!
    having it available at least gives a chose everybody can decide on.

The way they did bowling actually gave us more options than just adding a bowling venue would have. If it had just been one bowling venue, every bowling alley would have the exact same visitor autonomy. But with the way it's currently done, we can have bowling lots where the guests behave differently based on what the venue is (ie. a nightclub bowling alley gives a very different experience than a lounge bowling alley). I hope they do the same with the skating rinks as they did with bowling.

yet anybody that wants just a regular bowling alley has no chose.

what works for you does not work for everybody. you got what your happy with. i didn't.

my point, a simple chose for both would be better otherwise some of us lose out!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes, Sims don't use the rink autonomously and even if you create a club of townies they will not use it but stand outside the rink and comment the skaters (mis)fortunes which is quite nice.

BUT it is nevertheless very easy to fill the rink! Let your played Sim start to skate, then click on every nearby Sim you like and invite him/her to join you. They will obey immediately and skate with you for a long time. It is not necessary that your Sim knows the townies. Maybe this is even by design to avoid chaos on the rinks. Perhaps a guru can clarify this.

Thanks for the tip! In one of my saves, I found where EA had put a roller skating rink in Magnolia Park in WC, but my sims were the only ones using it. I thought there was a lot name added by EA, generic lot, that pushes townies to use...I'd like to find out if it still works. I made a dynamite nightclub using it and lots of sims used it.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

Thanks for the tip! In one of my saves, I found where EA had put a roller skating rink in Magnolia Park in WC, but my sims were the only ones using it. I thought there was a lot name added by EA, generic lot, that pushes townies to use...I'd like to find out if it still works. I made a dynamite nightclub using it and lots of sims used it.

Hmm normally no sims visit generic lots. Generic lots are meant for private so you can just send your sims there.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Hmm normally no sims visit generic lots. Generic lots are meant for private so you can just send your sims there.

I wish those generic lots would still have Sims visit, because on those lots I thought we could add anything we want... It's just a shame really, because in bars most Sims use the bars, and only pre-designed bowling Sims use the bowling lanes... It seems like Generic should have been something where WE could decide for once what NPCs will do on those lots.
  • Options
    Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi, everyone. No Sims (but mine) are using the rinks in the lots. :( First I made a generic lot. It was terrible: no Sim even showed up there. Then I made a bar. Nobody touched the rink nor the bowling. I tried a restaurant. Nothing again. It's so frustrating... :(
    I hope SimGurus take a look on it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hi, everyone. No Sims (but mine) are using the rinks in the lots. :( First I made a generic lot. It was terrible: no Sim even showed up there. Then I made a bar. Nobody touched the rink nor the bowling. I tried a restaurant. Nothing again. It's so frustrating... :(

For bowling they ll do that if it's a bar unless the patch broke it.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

For bowling they ll do that if it's a bar unless the patch broke it.

Nope, still works dandy for me. (on the bowling anyway)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    This question is really frustrating and I posted the same thing here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16589290#Comment_16589290

Sims simply aren't attracted to rinks, and to me it doesn't make the slightest sense that this object doesn't work on lots classified as parks.

And the problem is not only that, the Sims are EXTREMELY compulsive by chess tables. This object is a real curse. They became extremely unbearable. Sims use this object excessively, and it's annoying.

7iioDwS.jpg

Children use only playground objects from the base game. They don't use the swing introduced by The Sims 4 Seasons, at least not autonomously.

I added water slides and plastic pools to the Sims on a summer day, but they practically paid no attention to those objects added by me. They were just paying attention to what I added to the lots after I deleted those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chess tables.

AaIPNAa.jpg

These chess tables are a real problem.

Producers need to review WITH URGENCY objects that Sims may develop interest in using in community lots, because we add stuff, and Sims simply don't use it at all. It's an irritating and frustrating experience.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    And isn't it a park requirement to have a chess table? I don't want chess tables in my parks.

As for the skating rinks, I just click on them and invite other sims to skate with my sim. Of course, it would be nice if sims used them on their own, I'm sure it will get tweaked eventually.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    And isn't it a park requirement to have a chess table? I don't want chess tables in my parks.

As for the skating rinks, I just click on them and invite other sims to skate with my sim. Of course, it would be nice if sims used them on their own, I'm sure it will get tweaked eventually.

Bury the chess table :) I have lots with doorless sheds, stairless attics, and underground bunkers for things various lots "need". There's an entire pirate ship buried under one park!

I'm of mixed feelings on the NPC skating. I'd like to see them skating without having to make it happen, but on the other hand, I don't want random played Sims in rotation learning to skate if I don't want them to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Bury the chess table :) I have lots with doorless sheds, stairless attics, and underground bunkers for things various lots "need". There's an entire pirate ship buried under one park!

I'm of mixed feelings on the NPC skating. I'd like to see them skating without having to make it happen, but on the other hand, I don't want random played Sims in rotation learning to skate if I don't want them to.

true.

agree. I do bury things all the time.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    AaIPNAa.jpg

These chess tables are a real problem.

OK!!! This is it! From now on I will go to my Parks and bury the chess tables, because they are required for Parks... The second picture you posted is such an eye opener! WOW! The Sims seriously use other stuff, if no chess tables are around!

• Options
    I've built a Roller/Ice Skating rink building myself. I call it the Rink-O-Rama. Question is, Should it be a lounge (Because I also have a karaoke machine, bar, bubble smokers, etc.) or a community lot? Not really sure.