Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lighting changes to base game?

Is it just me or has the lighting changed with the new Seasons patch? I don't own Seasons, yet I think there is a difference...

These photos were taken in Willow Creek at 9.30 PM.
GhxHSpJ.jpg
WdP080E.jpg
DRZsGRT.jpg

It seems the sunset lasts longer now and it doesn't get dark till 10 PM. I'm pretty sure it got dark at 9 PM before the patch... or am I seeing things?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I think the seasons have different day lengths?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    @luthienrising But I don't own Seasons, I still have perpetual summer - yet the lighting seems different...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @luthienrising But I don't own Seasons, I still have perpetual summer - yet the lighting seems different...

Guessing here? But if they made some changes for Seasons summer, they probably just patched those in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I think they must have. :) The air also seems kind of hazy in the evening now... Maybe I'll have to look at some of my old photos from before the patch to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You're eyes aren't playing tricks on you here, I too notice these subtle changes to the base game before I got Seasons. They did do some sprucing up of the worlds in the Seasons prepatch so for example those without Seasons at least get to see leaves blowing around once in awhile.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    There sure is! I noticed it off bat! It reminds me of the lighting in the TS4 Early Protoypes video by Chi Chan on SimsVIP. It has this super realistic lighting like we have now. I wish their was the little dust particles in the light too! I was mad they changed the lighting engine, but its back, and better than ever.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    I thought so! It looks so beautiful now. :)
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    My game must be broke I haven't got seasons , no changes to my lighting in my game and I have mostly everything on max
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have seasons and I have noticed. The lighting seems darker now even at noon and the city in Myshuno doesn't look as good as night.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Yes they did, I noticed it straight away when I went into my game after the patch. :)
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i don't know the answer but is that house with the outside porch on the gallery!? i LOVE it!
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    ambrown wrote: »
    i don't know the answer but is that house with the outside porch on the gallery!? i LOVE it!

It's not on the gallery because it's full of CC and MOO :D But I could upload it if you want it. :)