The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favoite Expansion Pack So Far?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Seasons
    I actually love Cats & Dogs and Seasons equally, they are both my favorite :smile:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Seasons
    It feels like Seasons is the first complete expansion pack for The Sims 4.

It should not have taken 4 years to achieve that. If the past expansions had their design planned and implemented as well as Seasons, The Sims 4 would be a far better game.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Seasons
    I know we're all probably on a "high" from Seasons being new, but I genuinely love this pack. The thing for me is that it adds to your game no matter how you're playing, in a big way. Unlike the other packs where you kind of have to directly choose to use a lot of the content.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Get Together
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It should not have taken 4 years to achieve that. If the past expansions had their design planned and implemented as well as Seasons, The Sims 4 would be a far better game.

What makes you say that? I see no quality difference between this and any other pack?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,161 Member
    edited June 2018
    Seasons
    Schantal wrote: »
    Wow, I know not a lot of people have vited yet (there have been polls like this before though so I feel confident saying this) but this really highlights just what a flop Cats and Dogs was......

Cats and Dogs led the packs before Seasons released. Most of the previously Cats and Dogs voters probably voted for Seasons. :p

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940384/what-is-your-favorite-expansion-pack-in-the-sims-4/p1

It would be nice if the poll allowed us to rank them. My ranking would be:

1. Seasons
    2. Cats and Dogs
    3. Get Together
    4. City Living
    5. Get To Work

And in this worse expansion poll C&D only got 9% of the votes with Get To Work coming in as least favorite with 48%.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940576/worst-expansion-pack/p1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Seasons
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

What makes you say that? I see no quality difference between this and any other pack?

There are a few reasons. One, the expansion's design feels well thought out and actually viable as a whole expansion pack for the game. Yes, it's a repeated theme, however, The Sims 4's original concepts, such as Get to Work and Get Together felt way too broad in their design theme that it was almost guaranteed to disappoint and feel empty. Get to Work added a measly 3 careers, which I consider to be the franchise's most constrictive/anti-player features and possess plethora of bugs and issues, even today. Coupled with simulation lag, they are no fun to play. Its retail features, inspired by TS2, do not compare in the slightest.

City Living claims to offer city living, however, it feels like it actually focuses far too much on the backdrops of the world. The playable world design itself feels rushed and not actually representative of what it is like living in a city. It tries to be this weird combination of a futuristic, modern city, offering neighborhoods with elevated platforms in the sky, but it falls short. The city's playable zones are just not fun -- there's nothing random that happens, everything is predictable (a common theme with TS4), and there is so little gameplay offering. Apartments are also very limited. Cultural festivals are a nuisance after the first time visiting them. The city is tiny. There is just so little replayability in this pack.

Seasons is the first expansion where it feels like it massively overhauls the core gameplay of The Sims 4. Obviously so, as it adds weather. Core gameplay improvements are exactly what TS4 needs to avoid staleness. There are much needed random occurrences in the pack, loads of neat hidden features (such as Patchy and having a semi-magical child with Father Christmas), a lot of sandbox elements to be found, and a great deal of new interactions tied to new functional objects.