Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 steam sale!

I have all my sims games on origin, however, I also have steam and they have all sims 3 packs for 60% off and I want to buy a few. Will they give me a code to put into origin? Or is it gonna make me play it off steam?

Comments

• Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2018
    The Sims 3 packs on sale in Steam are only FOR Steam and intended to be played on Steam. Origin has nothing to do with that, sorry to say.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2018
    Actually, you can. However you will have to buy the base game on Steam in order to register Steam-bought expansion packs on Origin.

There has been threads on this before.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920503/origin-and-steam
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Olivesplum06, you can buy games off Steam, get a code for them, register them on Origin, and play them through Origin. I’ve done this with several SPs. Steam will require you to buy the base game through them, but you don’t have to reinstall it.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Ooh this is a very tempting sale although I feel like Steam has had them even cheaper in the past. . . Maybe I'm misremembering? Either way now is a good opportunity to finish out my collection.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can't get into the Steam store page right now, but yes the summer sale at this time last year was more like 80% off. Could still be a great deal for many, though.

In addition to having to purchase the base game over again, one must have the Steam Client program installed and it must be on Windows (not Mac as Steam doesn't carry TS3 for Mac). But that will be enough to enable the purchases of the EP/SPs and, instead of installing any of this, retrieve the Origin codes they then throw in free of charge. If one registers the extra otherwise unnecessary base game, one still gets 1,000 store points for it as that offer is still being honored in case that helps.

I repurchased everything and converted my entire TS3 install over to Steam last summer instead of using Origin codes so as to be able to get back on Patch 1.67 and no more Origin tie-ins. The base game and all EP/SPs (except Katy Perry which they don't carry and I didn't have anyway) at last year's prices cost less than $100 USD.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Thanks for letting us know! I still need two packs, so this is an awesome sale for me!
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited June 2018
    They are also generally on sale during their fall, winter and spring sales too, if you don't want to get them all at once. :)
    (Usually they are on sale for 75% off or more, so this 60%, I may pass on it for now).
  • Options
    TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was planning to complete my Sims 3 packs and by looking previous year's Sims 3 Expensitions's discount(which was %75) ı made a budget like 15 dollar(Which is enough to buy 6 pack in Turkish Lira). But now discount is only %60 and this made me unstable.Now my question is
    should ı wait ? I mean will this discounts change or will they stay stable until Summer Sale ends ? Or should ı buy right now and pay 8 dollar more than ı anticipated before ? I would really appreciate your thoughts. (Btw ı'm from Turkey so 14 dollar equals to 70 Turkish lira so it really important)
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I play using Origin but I have base game both in Origin and Steam becuase it was worth paying twice on the base game to get the discounts of Steam. I have completed most EP and SP with a sale they have, I think it was 5$ each. there were two more times they had this sale other than the time I purchased.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was planning to complete my Sims 3 packs and by looking previous year's Sims 3 Expensitions's discount(which was %75) ı made a budget like 15 dollar(Which is enough to buy 6 pack in Turkish Lira). But now discount is only %60 and this made me unstable.Now my question is
    should ı wait ? I mean will this discounts change or will they stay stable until Summer Sale ends ? Or should ı buy right now and pay 8 dollar more than ı anticipated before ? I would really appreciate your thoughts. (Btw ı'm from Turkey so 14 dollar equals to 70 Turkish lira so it really important)
    We can only go by history. The sale has never changed mid-stream before and it only runs until July 5. However, what Steam does do periodically is offer "bundles" to individual customers at a deeper discount that help them complete their collection. I later picked up Movie Stuff, the one SP I was missing, that way for $3 (USD). Maybe you could consider buying 3 or 4 of the packs this way now instead of all 6 at once?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    @igazor Well it seems that discounts will not change which is kinda disappointing.But that ''complete collection'' thing can be helpful so thanks for your advice :blush:
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode