Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

seasons look great but one big annoyance

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    For me attention to detail & doing thins the right way, matters. Especially since The Sims 2 had different levels of snow and the ability to see foot prints and make snow angels.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    If it’s a big of a deal than don’t buy the EP ... that’s all .. lol
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2018
    You are right they shouldn't but one problem with that idea, people are allowed to make an opinion about products even if they do not buy it, lol.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The inclusion of the four items from the Spooky Stuff Pack was to benefit those who did not buy that pack. The team wanted to include items that would fit in with all the holidays. Now that we have custom holidays I imagine Simmers will now purchase that pack since there is a reason to have those items in the game. Might be part of the reason why pumpkins were not included in Seasons. There is a pumpkin carving station in the Spooky Stuff Pack. And with the talk about a farming pack flying about, perhaps pumpkin patches will make an appearance after all. And there are at least two mods for that if one wants a pumpkin patch now.

I am wondering if white terrain paint might help with the issue of snow not showing on the ground around the base of houses. If that is an immersion breaker for some Simmers a mod like fake snow might be a solution. At least it will look a bit nicer. There are many terrain paints around that give the illusion of snow. It's something I am going to try because I intend to take a lot of screenshots of my Sims playing in the snow and I would like to not see green where there should be white. But as far as it being an immersion breaker? Not so much. Yes, I would have preferred deeper snow but there is so much else going on in this EP I am not going to dwell on that issue.

Until I play Seasons I won't know exactly what else is happening so I am not going to wonder about the rain not showing when it hits the puddles in the streets or on the swimming and toddler pools. With the new glass roofs, I may enclose my pools so my Sims won't freeze while fitness skilling. A New Years Day pool party in my Sims future? It is a possibility. LOL

Today was a very busy day so I have not played since the new patch was released. I am planning to pull my game mods until I find out which ones need to be updated. I have a feeling about ten of the ones I use will not be working. That was a very large patch with a lot of changes. And within a day or so we will have seasons for our Sims. Life is good. :)

• Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    You are right they shouldn't but one problem with that idea, people are allowed to make an opinion about products even if they do not buy it, lol.

I’m talking about the people who are buying it though ... I’m not talking about the people who aren’t buying it... OBVIOUSLY..
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Yes, folks can choose not to buy the product if they don't like what they're seeing. And yes, they are open still to voice their opinion on why they may not like it (granted it's done in a reasonable manner, of course). Both of these points are valid but I'd ask everyone to please just remember to be respectful of that, please. Thank you! :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The inclusion of the four items from the Spooky Stuff Pack was to benefit those who did not buy that pack. The team wanted to include items that would fit in with all the holidays. Now that we have custom holidays I imagine Simmers will now purchase that pack since there is a reason to have those items in the game. Might be part of the reason why pumpkins were not included in Seasons. There is a pumpkin carving station in the Spooky Stuff Pack. And with the talk about a farming pack flying about, perhaps pumpkin patches will make an appearance after all. And there are at least two mods for that if one wants a pumpkin patch now.

I am wondering if white terrain paint might help with the issue of snow not showing on the ground around the base of houses. If that is an immersion breaker for some Simmers a mod like fake snow might be a solution. At least it will look a bit nicer. There are many terrain paints around that give the illusion of snow. It's something I am going to try because I intend to take a lot of screenshots of my Sims playing in the snow and I would like to not see green where there should be white. But as far as it being an immersion breaker? Not so much. Yes, I would have preferred deeper snow but there is so much else going on in this EP I am not going to dwell on that issue.

Until I play Seasons I won't know exactly what else is happening so I am not going to wonder about the rain not showing when it hits the puddles in the streets or on the swimming and toddler pools. With the new glass roofs, I may enclose my pools so my Sims won't freeze while fitness skilling. A New Years Day pool party in my Sims future? It is a possibility. LOL

Today was a very busy day so I have not played since the new patch was released. I am planning to pull my game mods until I find out which ones need to be updated. I have a feeling about ten of the ones I use will not be working. That was a very large patch with a lot of changes. And within a day or so we will have seasons for our Sims. Life is good. :)

What an awesome idea!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    With the new glass roofs, I may enclose my pools so my Sims won't freeze while fitness skilling. A New Years Day pool party in my Sims future? It is a possibility. LOL
    What an awesome idea!
    I love the forums, so many people have so many different awesome ideas, it's a great place for inspiration.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    For those who are interested, apparently we can see the effects of rain on swimming pools :)

You can see it in LifeSimmer's video at 15:25 :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMWYrC072A&amp;t=784s

I hope they can fix the rain puddles though.