Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I cannot remain silent – I have to say this aloud

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2018
    Simburian wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I am starting to see this game as a "honeycomb" starting slowly but sections added all around from time to time and you need to buy everything to have the whole. This game is not an adventure or one person game, those are easier to create but for Sims4 all bits have to be fitted together to work together and that takes time and money.

I think Sims4 is coming into it's own and suits my own way of play.
    Just my opinion

And I ask myself, do people read their own sentences?

What you have stated is clearly EA's money making strategy which they have had for quite some time now. It's just that TS4 has been more aggressively torn down to make even more cash.

That's ok with me. It's making my game and it's lifetime longer. Not worried at all.
    Other games cost double at the start and have new iterations every other year. Just the same.

PS: I have wasted hundred of pounds on so called superior games that only hold my interest for a short time so EA can take my money for a game that has interested me for many years now. The Sims in 2001 on.
    Is that true? According to my son (a gamer; I’m not which is why I have to rely on his words here) his most expensive games, with DLC (Witcher 3?) have never been more expensive than €100 tops. That’s a joke compared to what I have paid for Sims 3 and what people are forced to pay (your own words) for Sims 4 (at least we didn’t have to buy all for Sims 3 to have a complete and enjoyable game).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Jouvay wrote: »
    If TS2 is more your thing, install it.

It's really about your enjoyment.

I love all the Sims games, including TS4. I rotate through the games, and I do find myself missing things from the other games in the series when I play each.

That said, TS2 is really special to me as well.

I feel the same although it can be a bit disconcerting going from one version to another and trying to remember which cheats work, and which game has this or that. And if you're not playing them all regularly it always requires a bit of a relearning curve to get back into it.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I am starting to see this game as a "honeycomb" starting slowly but sections added all around from time to time and you need to buy everything to have the whole. This game is not an adventure or one person game, those are easier to create but for Sims4 all bits have to be fitted together to work together and that takes time and money.

Just my opinion

What you have stated is clearly EA's money making strategy which they have had for quite some time now. It's just that TS4 has been more aggressively torn down to make even more cash.

That's ok with me. It's making my game and it's lifetime longer. Not worried at all.
    Other games cost double at the start and have new iterations every other year. Just the same.

PS: I have wasted hundred of pounds on so called superior games that only hold my interest for a short time so EA can take my money for a game that has interested me for many years now. The Sims in 2001 on.

That's a good point. Any other game I've spent money on has lost my interest after a while. The Sims is the only game I keep coming back to, so it's worth spending more money on it in the long run.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Just my opinion

Is that true? According to my son (a gamer; I’m not which is why I have to rely on his words here) his most expensive games, with DLC (Witcher 3?) have never been more expensive than €100 tops. That’s a joke compared to what I have paid for Sims 3 and what people are forced to pay (your own words) for Sims 4 (at least we didn’t have to buy all for Sims 3 to have a complete and enjoyable game).

I'm talking about £100s on various games over the years not in the singular. Sorry. I've been gaming since I bought my Spectrum in the '80's. I have wasted lots of money on Sims3 store stuff though which I've regretted later.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2018

Just my opinion

I'm talking about £100s on various games over the years not in the singular. Sorry. I've been gaming since I bought my Spectrum in the '80's. I have wasted lots of money on Sims3 store stuff though which I've regretted later.
    I think you might misunderstand what @Sigzy05 was referring to (and me), the statement “and you need to buy everything to have the whole“. The Store was way to expensive indeed, but you didn’t need to buy everything to have the whole (it was mostly stuff and rather poorly implemented premium features). You didn’t need to buy any stuff pack to have the whole and you even didn’t have to buy every EP. For Sims 4 that’s just really different, the approach is different. It’s exactly like you say, you need to buy it all.

When you spend £100s on various games, you have various games. With Sims you just have this one game. That’s not just the same, that’s different. You may prefer spending up to a 1000 on one game of course, but it’s not the same.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

Just my opinion

I think you might misunderstand what @Sigzy05 was referring to (and me), the statement “and you need to buy everything to have the whole“. The Store was way to expensive indeed, but you didn’t need to buy everything to have the whole (it was mostly stuff and rather poorly implemented premium features). You didn’t need to buy any stuff pack to have the whole and you even didn’t have to buy every EP. For Sims 4 that’s just really different, the approach is different. It’s exactly like you say, you need to buy it all.

When you spend £100s on various games, you have various games. With Sims you just have this one game. That’s not just the same, that’s different. You may prefer spending up to a 1000 on one game of course, but it’s not the same.

I know exactly what he was writing about and respect it. Thank you for your interest.

• Options
    DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member

Just my opinion

If you think that's a joke you might want to cry if you saw the amount of content, polish, and care that went into those $20 and $10 DLCs compared to what we get for the same prices. Even the expansions that we pay double the price for aren't anywhere near the same league.

• Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    Sims isnt the only franchise EA is screwing over and it won't be the last. They're also looking to make as much money as possible, they give ZERO 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about what we want. And it seems Maxis really doesn't either. Then again, their game changers seem to be making the decisions on what we get cause its what THEY wanna see. And THEY bring in the cash. Which is why ME: Andromeda failed. Cause their game changers said it looked great when in fact it did not and was not.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    The Sims series is dead. Everyone deuced out on the team to make Cyberpunk 2077. LOL

wait what? Are you saying the folks that recently left went to work on cyberpunk or am I misunderstanding?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited June 2018
    Jenpants wrote: »
    Sims isnt the only franchise EA is screwing over and it won't be the last. They're also looking to make as much money as possible, they give ZERO plum about what we want. And it seems Maxis really doesn't either. Then again, their game changers seem to be making the decisions on what we get cause its what THEY wanna see. And THEY bring in the cash. Which is why ME: Andromeda failed. Cause their game changers said it looked great when in fact it did not and was not.

But then the game changers program hasn't been in all of EA Games at Early 2017. Heck even The Sims 4 didn't had Game Changers. Please don't spread wrong information. Only a few like FIFA has game changers.