Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are greenhouses real?

I know we can build them and all that but like somebody pointed out the windows seem to already be in game.

What I am wondering is do we get any special greenhouse objects. My memory for sims 2 isn't great but I remember there were special greenhouse lights. The sims 3 store greenhouse had sprinklers and a seed system.

So I guess what I am wondering will it effectively be an appearance thing where it would have no difference if I planted my plants in the living room.

Another thing is, foundations. The greenhouse will look awesome if you don't have foundations and can plant directly in the ground but with foundations you'll need pots.

I don't think we've heard much about it so I'm just curious. I am also wondering if there will be light and shadows or will it act like a normal roof.

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    All I need is the glass roof. Without that, the rest doesn't matter. But I would think it would be a whole greenhouse experience, but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2018
    I also wonder if having a glass roof will have an effect on our sims with the sun and heat during the Summer.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I also wonder if having a glass roof will have an effect on our sims with the sun and heat during the Summer.

That's a good question.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I know we can build them and all that but like somebody pointed out the windows seem to already be in game.

What I am wondering is do we get any special greenhouse objects. My memory for sims 2 isn't great but I remember there were special greenhouse lights. The sims 3 store greenhouse had sprinklers and a seed system.

So I guess what I am wondering will it effectively be an appearance thing where it would have no difference if I planted my plants in the living room.

Another thing is, foundations. The greenhouse will look awesome if you don't have foundations and can plant directly in the ground but with foundations you'll need pots.

I don't think we've heard much about it so I'm just curious. I am also wondering if there will be light and shadows or will it act like a normal roof.

It's ridiculous that they haven't changed that yet, but you do bring a very interesting question and one that must be brought attention for
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

TS3 Store's Greenhouse had sprinklers on the ceiling and something that sprayed fertilizer on the plants,veggies and fruits. I hope this Greenhouse will have that. I think it's a real greenhouse but the glass roofs can be used on any building of venue type.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    edited June 2018
    Im guessing it will have appropriate lighting and shadows since if you use the glass dance floor that came with GT as a roof over your home, it casts light and shadows into your house. I always use it over kitchens. It really adds a nice touch with the natural lighting. So hopefully these glass roofs will do the same.
    Good point about the foundation though.
    Post edited by PlumDiddy on
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    We already have flower pots in the game so that doesn't need to be added. I'm guessing greenhouses will just be buildings you build with the new roofs which is okay with me. I don't see EA adding more than just some decor items for them though.
  • Options
    We know we can use the new sprinklers in the greenhouse to water the plants.
  • Options
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    Im guessing it will have appropriate lighting and shadows since if you use the glass dance floor that came with GT as a roof over your home, it casts light and shadows into your house. I always use it over kitchens. It really adds a nice touch with the natural lighting. So hopefully these glass roofs will do the same.

I do too. I actually have a jungle build where most of the roof is that. I was wondering because those are objects an the glass roof is an actual roof and roofs come with "ceiling tiles".

I'm hoping they do, I love glass roofs XD
  • Options
    We already have flower pots in the game so that doesn't need to be added. I'm guessing greenhouses will just be buildings you build with the new roofs which is okay with me. I don't see EA adding more than just some decor items for them though.

I know we have pots :) what about those things in the greenhouse, they do look like they might be a type of flower pot.
  • Options

TS3 Store's Greenhouse had sprinklers on the ceiling and something that sprayed fertilizer on the plants,veggies and fruits. I hope this Greenhouse will have that. I think it's a real greenhouse but the glass roofs can be used on any building of venue type.

That things saved so much time. I wanted to make a huge greenhouse with a tractor inside to harvest too.. Haha
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member

You could get very creative and make a split level greenhouse. Maybe a painting studio at the foundation height, and removing the floor on the latter half the room to plant directly on the ground.
  • Options

You could get very creative and make a split level greenhouse. Maybe a painting studio at the foundation height, and removing the floor on the latter half the room to plant directly on the ground.

I have thought about that, the only thing I've never liked about split levels in sims is you can't have windows in foundation and you'll have to make it fairly big or have that 1 square rim around everything. That's a personal issue, of course.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    6uW8gih.jpg

This is from the trailer, it does appear to be on a foundation. I hope there’s other options for planters that maybe hold more in them, or my gardener is going to be broke buying that many.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

I do too. I actually have a jungle build where most of the roof is that. I was wondering because those are objects an the glass roof is an actual roof and roofs come with "ceiling tiles".

I'm hoping they do, I love glass roofs XD

Aaaah gotcha! Good question ;)
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    6uW8gih.jpg

This is from the trailer, it does appear to be on a foundation. I hope there’s other options for planters that maybe hold more in them, or my gardener is going to be broke buying that many.

Ahh yes, I see it now. I wish we could have separate foundation because my current build is on a foundation but I'd love to plant in the ground.

That would be nice to have planters that can hold more. Until recently I wasn't aware we could plants straight in the ground XD
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Has anyone tried resizing the planters to make them bigger to see if you could plant more seeds than 4. It probably wouldn't work, but I might have to try that when I play this evening.
  • Options
    @ClassicalSim

I never thought of that. Do let me know if it works
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @ClassicalSim

I will.

ETA: It doesn't work. You can't plant anything in the planter boxes if you increase the size. If you drag a seed to the box, it disappears and you don't get the option to plant it. If you return the planter to normal size, the seeds become visible.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Delete
  • Options
    Delete

Did you try resizing the seed?
  • Options
    @ClassicalSim

I will.

ETA: It doesn't work. You can't plant anything in the planter boxes if you increase the size. If you drag a seed to the box, it disappears and you don't get the option to plant it. If you return the planter to normal size, the seeds become visible.

Ahh okay. Thanks for trying it out.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Delete

No, I didn't think about that.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Delete

I don't know if you can (probably not) but it would be cool if you could. A giant seed gives you a giant tree which gives you giant fruit. :D
  • Options
    Delete

I don't know if you can (probably not) but it would be cool if you could. A giant seed gives you a giant tree which gives you giant fruit. :D

Now I have to put the Twitch Doctor Who marathon on hold and go try this...