Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controlling multiple Sims at a time

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
I'm not very good at explaining game mechanics, but I wish we could select more than one member of the household (or select the entire household) to get them to do the same activity at once. That way when I'm trying to get them all to watch a movie, eat dinner together, or go to sleep at the same time, etc without having to select one individual at a time and risk another finishing before the other or deciding to do something else while I'm controlling one sim. No, I'm not talking about the Grouping system from Get Together, that's only when they go out and it doesn't work that well anyways. There should be a way to control the actions of multiple sims in your household without it.

Comments

• Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    mika wrote: »
    . No, I'm not talking about the Grouping system from Get Together, that's only when they go out and it doesn't work that well anyways.

are you sure?? I use grouping all the time on my home lot and it works fine for me.. the only thing I cant really do with it is make them sleep at the same time but thats not something ive ever wanted to do given that everyone is usually on their own schedule.
  • Options
    Reksoh wrote: »
    . No, I'm not talking about the Grouping system from Get Together, that's only when they go out and it doesn't work that well anyways.

are you sure?? I use grouping all the time on my home lot and it works fine for me.. the only thing I cant really do with it is make them sleep at the same time but thats not something ive ever wanted to do given that everyone is usually on their own schedule.

It's never worked well for me.
  • Options
    janitajasminjanitajasmin Posts: 44 Member
    I mean it would be a nice thing to add to the game and I feel like the group option fails sometimes
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm not very good at explaining game mechanics, but I wish we could select more than one member of the household (or select the entire household) to get them to do the same activity at once. That way when I'm trying to get them all to watch a movie, eat dinner together, or go to sleep at the same time, etc without having to select one individual at a time and risk another finishing before the other or deciding to do something else while I'm controlling one sim. No, I'm not talking about the Grouping system from Get Together, that's only when they go out and it doesn't work that well anyways. There should be a way to control the actions of multiple sims in your household without it.

That's a pretty good idea, actually. It's a wonder that no one else ever thought of it.

Imagine, clicking on the television and a little menu pops up so that you can automatically pick everyone present that you want to watch.

Click on a table and everyone sits for dinner. Woot!

Brilliant idea, OP. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can form a temporary group to do things together by clicking a sim and choose FORM GROUP. Then you are prompted to pick who will be in the group. You should see the little blue plumbobs above the heads of the group members. When you're done, click your sim and choose DISBAND GROUP.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You can form a temporary group to do things together by clicking a sim and choose FORM GROUP. Then you are prompted to pick who will be in the group. You should see the little blue plumbobs above the heads of the group members. When you're done, click your sim and choose DISBAND GROUP.

Not sure if you're trolling, but I know how to form groups. Did you even read my post?
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    To be honest, I can't really imagine how it could work, other than the group system. It works very well for me, as long as I remember to choose 'Do Together' option. Maybe you're experiencing some kind of a bug if it's failing for you?
    Dinners are fairly easy, I pick 'Grab Together' and it's good (although 'Call for meal' usually works fine as well). I don't have problems with sitting at table either, just pick 'Sit Together' on one of the chairs and rest of the group will take their places on the chairs nearby. Similar with watching tv. I believe it's even easier if you have Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, then you can choose 'Watch a movie with...' and select specific Sims.
  • Options

Not sure if you're trolling, but I know how to form groups. Did you even read my post?

No, I am not trolling. You asked a question and I tried to help. That won't ever happen again. But since I'm here, you said the CLUB system from GT didn't work. You said nothing about the group system. But, if you can take one more solution from this old Troll, try turning off their free will in the option section. Happy simming.
  • Options

No, I am not trolling. You asked a question and I tried to help. That won't ever happen again. But since I'm here, you said the CLUB system from GT didn't work. You said nothing about the group system. But, if you can take one more solution from this old Troll, try turning off their free will in the option section. Happy simming.

The thing is, I never asked a question. I suggested an idea I want inplemented which is what this discussion thread is for and got an obnoxious response about using a system I've already expressed is inconvenient/not good enough to me. I didn't ask anyone for advice. And I'm used to seeing your antagonistic and/or smug posts so even if I had asked a question, I wouldn't have expected anything helpful from you. Ciao.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

The thing is, I never asked a question. I suggested an idea I want inplemented which is what this discussion thread is for and got an obnoxious response about using a system I've already expressed is inconvenient/not good enough to me. I didn't ask anyone for advice. And I'm used to seeing your antagonistic and/or smug posts so even if I had asked a question, I wouldn't have expected anything helpful from you. Ciao.

Honestly looks like the other simmer was just trying to be helpful by giving you an alternative way to do it until the feature you'd prefer gets implemented :/

Anyway, it's weird the group feature doesn't work well for you. It should allow you to make sims do most things together easily. Has it never worked properly? If it did you might try repairing the game? Or remove mods / cc if you have any to see if that might be tampering with it in any way.

For trying to get them watch a movie or have a meal together, that should always work well by using "watch movie with..." then selecting the sims & "call to meal" respectively. Maybe those things will work a little better?
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Honestly looks like the other simmer was just trying to be helpful by giving you an alternative way to do it until the feature you'd prefer gets implemented :/

Anyway, it's weird the group feature doesn't work well for you. It should allow you to make sims do most things together easily. Has it never worked properly? If it did you might try repairing the game? Or remove mods / cc if you have any to see if that might be tampering with it in any way.

For trying to get them watch a movie or have a meal together, that should always work well by using "watch movie with..." then selecting the sims & "call to meal" respectively. Maybe those things will work a little better?

The other simmer is a notorious jerk so I have no interest in his help.

Thank you for the suggestions.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh sorry, didn't want to meddle with any of that. But you're welcome! And I do understand you wanting your sims to do things together :) the one thing I don't always like about the watch movie together thing is that sometimes one sim will go right away because he has no actions queued while the other might still be washing the dog or cleaning up, often arriving when the movie's halfway over xD so perhaps that's also what you mean with it not always working well? The only way I avoid that is by never selecting the option till everyone's free to join right in :)
  • Options
    There is no need to be rude to @SimTrippy who also was just trying to help. And there's no need to call me names when I have been nothing but be polite and patient with you. If you don't want responses to your posts, even from notorious jerks, don't post silly problems and proceed to shoot down every helpful suggestion. In your original post, you said the grouping from GT didn't work. I suggested the grouping from the base game as a solution which you also shot down. Then I suggested turning off freewill to accomplish your goal and you began to insult me. You're the one being antagonistic and smug and rude and resorted to name calling. If I am all those things you accuse me of, posters like you are the reason why. Ciao back at you.