The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons CDkeys Issue

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »
    Is it legit/trust worthy? $27 for an expansion not even out yet sounds too good to be true. I never heard of them before. Some places you have to be careful about while others do have good service. ratings, etc...

I bought many Stuff Packs, Game Packs, and Expansion Packs through them. I got Steam games there and even Battlefield 4. I never had a problem even with preorders. They're a legit business and its a great place to save money on select products. Be aware things can go out of stock and not everything gets restocked.

I don't think Seasons will got out of stock (well besides maybe hard copies) as from my understanding, they are giving us the origin code for the digital download once the item is checked out and paid for (or I think they will send it through email on the day of release). I am guessing it depends on the game though.

Digital Games still go out of stock. The seller would have to keep buying more codes not to go out of stock.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Is it legit/trust worthy? $27 for an expansion not even out yet sounds too good to be true. I never heard of them before. Some places you have to be careful about while others do have good service. ratings, etc...

I bought many Stuff Packs, Game Packs, and Expansion Packs through them. I got Steam games there and even Battlefield 4. I never had a problem even with preorders. They're a legit business and its a great place to save money on select products. Be aware things can go out of stock and not everything gets restocked.

I don't think Seasons will got out of stock (well besides maybe hard copies) as from my understanding, they are giving us the origin code for the digital download once the item is checked out and paid for (or I think they will send it through email on the day of release). I am guessing it depends on the game though.

They can still go out of stock because they only buy so many keys from EA to sell. Once they're out of codes it's the same as if a store has run out of actual hard copies and it's not available until if/when they get more. Getting more will depend on how much EA charges them for the codes and if they want to spend the money on restocking or putting it towards a different game altogether.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited June 2018
    3KNPen wrote: »

They can still go out of stock because they only buy so many keys from EA to sell. Once they're out of codes it's the same as if a store has run out of actual hard copies and it's not available until if/when they get more. Getting more will depend on how much EA charges them for the codes and if they want to spend the money on restocking or putting it towards a different game altogether.

@3KNPen I want to get Laundry Pack from IG, but I can't since IG doesn't have it available but they have out of stock of the pack which came AFTER the laundry pack but not the laundry pack itself
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

Alright. If they go out of stock though, they wouldn't charge people for that though or offer it again until more come it? Or will it placed on back order?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    They know how many codes they have/will have and have probably programmed their store with the quantity they have available. If they were to reach their limit in terms of pre-sales then it would go out of stock and then yes they wouldn't charge people for it anymore until if/when they got more in stock. Only they know if they'll get more codes and put it back on order. But it wouldn't be available for per-order or purchase until it was.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I used CD Keys in the UK for Cats and Dogs pre-order and it worked absolutely fine. I've done the same for Seasons.
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Except this makes no sense. The key you are given doesn't come with purchase history. There is no way once given and used that origin would have any idea that a given key was charged back unless bought from the system. Cdkeys and other websites don't buy the keys from origin they buy them wholesale from ea.

I’m not an expert on the site, as you can tell. And if it’s happened to others, it can happen again, and it doesn’t have to make sense. I just wanted the OP to know that. Now they do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That’s all.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..