Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flower delivery with Seasons

I wonder if sims can now order flowers to be delivered to other sims with the new florist career. That would be pretty cool. Would also be nice if they could hire a florist for their wedding to make bouquets and what not.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Unfortuanly I doubt it. I think sims you're not playing won't be florist. I hope I'm wrong cause I'd love for my sim to order flowers for his wife.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm going to try to make a florist shop and make bouquets and place them on sale. It may not work. I won't know until Seasons drops and I give it a try.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    To me it sounds like if you're a florist you might get an order to make a bouquet and take it to another character on another lot. A bit like when you're asked on a date.

I would like to give my date flowers. Sadly I'd like my date to give me flowers but I don't see that coming.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    To me it sounds like if you're a florist you might get an order to make a bouquet and take it to another character on another lot. A bit like when you're asked on a date.

I would like to give my date flowers. Sadly I'd like my date to give me flowers but I don't see that coming.
    Like in GTW, where house calls are made and you have to go their main lot and interact with the sims there.

• Options

Like in GTW, where house calls are made and you have to go their main lot and interact with the sims there.

Yeah, that sounds about right. So it's not actually, NEW, it's just a fresh coat of paint. I mean, I've nothing against repurposing code since it saves time and does add variety, but it shouldn't be a substitute for genuinely new things.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member

I wonder if it will show up as one of the daily job tasks.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I would love the ability to send and receive flowers and hire a florist for weddings! Like others in this thread I believe you'll only be able to make flower orders/deliveries as a gardening career sim as a job task/daily requirement. My autumn-themed sim Maple Pomme will definitely be in the gardening career and I can't wait to check it out.
  • Options
    I don't think the florist hobby (it isn't a job) will not be all that in depth. I think it's more of a home hobby. I am curious about how the "customer" system will work. Do we get a pop-up, or a text? Do they come to the house? Do we deliver? Is there an assortment of vases? Where do the flowers come from? The plants we have don't exactly give you loads of flowers to arrange. Do they magically appear at the station? For example, if someone orders a bouquet of roses, will a pie menu pop up with bouquet of roses or vase of roses? I'm hoping I can buils a florist shop and sell flowers or go as a customer and buy from a NPC florist.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think the florist hobby (it isn't a job) will not be all that in depth. I think it's more of a home hobby. I am curious about how the "customer" system will work. Do we get a pop-up, or a text? Do they come to the house? Do we deliver? Is there an assortment of vases? Where do the flowers come from? The plants we have don't exactly give you loads of flowers to arrange. Do they magically appear at the station? For example, if someone orders a bouquet of roses, will a pie menu pop up with bouquet of roses or vase of roses? I'm hoping I can buils a florist shop and sell flowers or go as a customer and buy from a NPC florist.

It was mentioned in the blog that it is one of the two branches of the new gardening career, so I think it's more than a hobby. I just want to know if EA will use what they learned from the GTW doctor's fiasco of not being able to buy medicine at a hospital, and will make it so you can be the customer of florists. I mean we can already go to NPC owned and ran restaurants and vet clinics, so why can't we order some flowers as well?

• Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

It was mentioned in the blog that it is one of the two branches of the new gardening career, so I think it's more than a hobby. I just want to know if EA will use what they learned from the GTW doctor's fiasco of not being able to buy medicine at a hospital, and will make it so you can be the customer of florists. I mean we can already go to NPC owned and ran restaurants and vet clinics, so why can't we order some flowers as well?

I went back and read the first blog and you are correct, it does say career, so I stand corrected. Maybe that floral shop will be possible after all.
  • Options
    Career is a pretty general term. It's hard to know whether it means an actual job or just something else that makes money.
  • Options
    They haven't actually added a lot of new careers. The vet isn't, restaurant owner isn't, the archaeologist isn't. I hope botanist and florist are actual careers and not hobbies. We really need the Self Employed option.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Career is a pretty general term. It's hard to know whether it means an actual job or just something else that makes money.

It says there are two branches so that sounds more like how the actual in-game careers are set up to me then it being a non-career way to make money. Though I assume like painting and writing books you could also use it to make money outside of the career if you chose to.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018
    On a side note: it would be nice if, besides bouquets in vases, corsages and boutonnieres were also possible. Also, I would hope that there could now be bouquets for the bride and her bridal party. It would be fun to order flowers for the wedding and to see them during the ceremony. That would be a big florist order -- a nice challenge for the career.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    On a side note: it would be nice if, besides bouquets in vases, corsages and boutonnieres were also possible. Also, I would hope that there could now be bouquets for the bride and her bridal party. It would be fun to order flowers for the wedding and to see them during the ceremony. That would be a big florist order -- a nice challenge for the career.

This would be a dream come true for me, but I'm not getting my hopes up. At this point, I'll be happy with just flower deliveries haha.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2018
    From the trailer it looked like there were various new botanical wreaths as well as botanical wall art. My guess is some of these are made on the Floral Design workstation, along with more traditional vases etc.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018

That means... loading screens. :(
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

They only last like 2-5 seconds though ...
  • Options

It's horror for some people, standard for others. Depends on your computer. But yes, it would mean more loading screens.
  • Options
    We don't know yet how the delivery system works. There may be no loading screens at all, if flowers just disappear and teleport to the customer.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018

They don't use the term career unless it's an actual career. Also, they describe two different branches, which is pretty self-explanatory. Only the careers have two branches.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Not for everyone.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I just asked SimGuruEmory about whether there is an npc florist and whether we can order flowers for our sims spouse.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I just asked SimGuruEmory about whether there is an npc florist and whether we can order flowers for our sims spouse.

That would be really cool. Not getting my hopes up though. :)
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    If there is a loading screen for flower deliveries it will probably be like the doctor house calls or the cop crime scene investigations where you are sent to a home that doesn't really exist filled with sims that don't really live there :( It really annoys me when playing doctor and cop career and I get sent to these fake locations and I see sims I have made and play living in the home knowing they don't actually live there or know any of the sims they are with. Why they couldn't just send them to actual locations I don't know, but I am hoping these flower deliveries are not fake locations like that.