Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beach GP Ideas

lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What are some of the things you would like to see in a tropical beach GP?

These are my ideas:
-New beach world: A new beach world that sims can both live at or travel to while on vacation. It would show up both in the residential worlds and vacation worlds menu. Since this would be a GP, the world can't be that big, but it would be about the same size as Selvadorada, except all the lots would be accessible from the map.
-Hotels: This would be a new lot type similar to rental, but with multiples families at the same time in different rooms. They would be completely customizable and you would be able manage them similarly to restaurants and vet clinics. You would be able to set rooms by clicking at the room's entrance door. You would be able to create common areas as well, such as a lobby, gym, restaurant, pool. Functional elevators would return! Hotels would not be exclusive to destination worlds, any world that you place a hotel would become both residential and destination just like the new beach world.
-Elevator: Like I said before, functional elevators would return, since a hotel would be a perfect opportunity to add them. They would be completely animated like in TS2 and TS3, and elevator WooHoo would return as well. They would not be exclusive to hotels, you would be able to place them in any lot, including residential.
-Tanning and sunburns: Since they are not returning with Seasons, they would return with this pack. In the new beach world and other hot-looking worlds such as Oasis Springs, it would happen during the whole year, in other worlds (except cold-looking worlds) only during summer (if Seasons is installed, otherwise, during the whole year). In cold-looking worlds such as Forgotten Hollow it would never happen.
-Sunscreen and tanning lotion: Sunscreen would protect sims from getting sunburnt. There would be two types: a stronger one that blocks both sunburns and tanning and a weaker one that blocks only sunburns, but still allows tanning. They would protect the sim for a certain time (a moodlet would show up showing how much time is left until the sim is unprotected again). Tanning lotions would accelerate tanning but would not protect sims from getting sunburnt.
-Tanning beds: Similar to natural tanning, but sims would be able to use them year-round in all worlds. If placed in spas (if Spa Day is installed), NPCs would use it autonomously.
-Beach towels and lounge chairs
-Swimming in the ocean: In the new beach world, sims would be able to swim in the ocean.
-Sandcastle building: Sims would be able to build sandcastles in any terrain where there is sand (including terrain paint), similar to The Sims 3.
-Surfing: Sims would be able to surf in the new beach world, and there would be a Surfing skill.
-Lifeguards: Lifeguard NPCs would be generated if a lifeguard chair is placed (works for pools as well). Maybe an active lifeguard career as well, but I don't know if it would fit within the scope considering that this would be a GP and there would be a new world and hotel management.
-New pool objects: Diving boards, pool slides, pool floats, pool waterfalls and pool bar: Unless some of these return in Seasons (still unknown).
-Hammocks: Sims would be able to take a nap, sit, swing, and also WooHoo on them.
-Ceiling fans and table fans: If Seasons is installed, they would cool sims down during summer. They would be able to be turned on/off. The ceiling fan would have a light attached to it (maybe a version without lights as well).
-New WooHoo locations: Elevator and hammock.
-New deaths? I'm not sure if there would be any new deaths, but sims would be able to drown while swimming in the ocean or surfing.
Post edited by lexus20 on

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    You pretty much listed everything I want to see the only other thing I'd really want is beach volleyball.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Surfing! Also, a bit of realism with deodorant and several other hobbies like Scuba Diving or Sailing and Mermaid rewards trait.

New food stalls on the beach, a cater on the beach offering drinks, American junk food etc.,

And we could use some negativity in game like water fears, pigeon attacks and sea weed wrapped around their legs.

Softball or Marco Polo in the water, Water monsters, hidden coves for teens only, explore new caves.

Collect crabs, valuable sea shells, star fish or pearls.
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    I loved and agree with each of the ideas listed! I think the only thing I would add would be the return of wild animals. (I miss animals a lot on the map, the ones we could not adopt, but we had how to interact with them.) It could also come some kind of adoptable bird, like parrot or macaw.

Include in this package some tropical wild animals to begin to fill the world little by little. In this package could come crabs, sea turtles and marine stars... Perhaps, with the expansion Seasons, could come a winter beach option, where the penguins would return.

In other possible packages with other themes like farm and supernatural, could put other types of wild animals as well. I miss skunks.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    My list of beach wishes is pretty straightforward.
    • Tanning - either on a towel on the beach, or by getting a spray tan. Sims can get sunburned in the sun (Uncomfortable moodlet), or they might end up looking like a carrot from a bad spray tan (Embarrassed moodlet).
    • While we're at it, why not a new trait? "Tan Fan". These Sims love getting tanned, and will be Confident no matter what it looks like. We all know somebody like this!
    • Sandcastles.
    • A food booth that sells ice cream.
    • Swimmable oceans, floaty rings and other inflatables, that can be used in the ocean or in pools.
    • Beachside resorts/motels that our Sims can stay at. The difference between these and a Rental lot is that we can run our own hotels on any lot, in any world. C'mon Maxis, I want my Sims to retire to Brindleton Bay and open up a bed and breakfast already!
    • And last but not least, beach games! I nominate cricket, and of course, surfing. Or even boogie boarding!
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree with everything the OP posted and would add:

1. Beach Volley Ball
    2. The ability to design our own hotels anywhere (See #24)
    3. Hula Dancing
    4. Water Vehicles
    5. House Boats
    6. Limbo
    7. Walking on Coals
    8. Listening to a Sea Shell to hear the ocean
    9. Blowing on a conch shell
    10. Making shell jewelry
    11. Burying a Sim in the Sand
    12. Beach Combing for Sea Glass and Sea Shells
    13. Metal Detecting
    14. Marco Polo pool game
    15. Mean Sea Gulls
    16. Scuba Diving & Snorkeling - Diving for Pearls, Exploring Coral Reefs
    17. Beach Shack
    18. Mermaids
    29. Pool Bar
    21. Adoptable Parrot - that we can teach to talk and does some tricks like bob to music
    22. Steel Drums
    23. More Seafood/Food options for Seafood restaurants
    • Shrimp Po'Boys
    • Crawfish Boils
    • Sardines
    • Pan Seared Scallops
    • Jerk Chicken
    • Fried Calamari
    • Grilled Octopus
    • Mofongo with Shrimp
    • Shrimp Quesadillas
    • Mussels Mariniere
    • Sea Urchin
    • Fish Fritters
    • Bouillabaise
    • Oysters on the half shell
    • Oysters Rockefeller
    • Shrimp and Grits
    • Steamed Crab Legs
    • Frog Legs
    • Ceviche
    • Poisson Cru

24. Hotel NPC's - Concierge/Manager, Maid, Grounds Keeper, Door Man, Lobby Boy (Assignable Uniforms)
    25. Tropical Chef Uniforms
    26. Beach/Surf Music Channel
    27. Reggae Music Channel
    28. Spear Fishing
    29. Climbing Coconut Trees for Coconuts
    30. New Fruit Trees
    • Mango
    • Bread Fruit
    • Papaya
    • Pineapple

31. Parasailing
    32. Beach Weddings
    33. Hot Sand feet
    34. And with Seasons installed Hurricanes
    35. Waterfalls and behind the falls secret caves
    36. Sand Castles, Sand Sculptures & Sand Sculpture Competitions
    37. The "Hang Ten" greeting
    38. Tropical Birds and their songs and calls
    39. Sand Dunes and Beach Grass
    40. New Massage for Spas
    41. Facial Bed with different types of facials
    42. Fish Tank Pedicure
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    -seashell collecting
    -whale watching
    -jellyfish stings
    -tide pools
    -honeymoon and beach bonfire events
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    -seashell collecting
    -whale watching
    -jellyfish stings
    -tide pools
    -honeymoon and beach bonfire events

Seashells would make for a great new collection.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Death by shark attack!