Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pros & Cons of the Seasons Expansion Pack

XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
I seen some threads about lack of snow and hail and other threads about things in it like thermostats, etc...so I figured why not make a thread for all the pros and cons (or at least what you think are pros and cons since everyone's list will be different), which might help others decide about getting the expansion. It can be updated later as we get more info.

Pros:
-There will be a new career
-kiddie pool which will give toddlers something to do
-calendar which supposedly can schedule events
-swing set
-scouts for kid sims (I like how they are trying to include more things for all sim life stages)
-gift giving and holiday guests are back! Like Santa! I remember Santa from Sims 2!
-Bee keeper thing will be back
-Can create your own holiday!
-this pack can integrate with other packs people have like laundry, pets, parenthood, dine out (scheduled lunches), etc....
-More deaths
-woohoo in leaves is back (hopefully the igloo will also be back as well)
-skating is back
-multiple clothing categories for outwear. I guessing for warmer and cooler clothing, which is nice.
-Thermostats that can control inside temperature
-weather machine
-each world is affected by the weather/seasons differently which is nice, especially since you can easily travel from place to place when ever you want, unlike previous sims games.
-Doorbells? I hope so, that would make it easier to know if another sim is visiting a lot.
-More seasonal decorations which look really nice. And finally the Spooky and Holiday stuff packs will have some real use to them!
-Cocoa and other new drink and possibly food recipes. I heard the tea maker will have spiced apple tea?
-Looks like kids can decorate the Christmas tree! So cute and makes sims seem even more like a family celebrating the holiday's together.
-Can befriend Scarecrow. Curious to see what will happen.
-windows frost up
-Giant Christmas tree.

cons
-minor one for me really is lack of tans and sunburns. Would be nice if included so I won't need a mod for it; but they can still included it eventually, especially if there is a beach world in the future which hopefully also bring back swimming in ocean.
-snow depth. May look pretty; but eh, not that upset personally as it doesn't really affect overall game play (also I get that with the terrain tool, it probably does make it harder).
-no hail. Slightly disappointed about that. It is a weather/seasons pack, that should of actually been included and don't see how they just leave it out. Maybe a patch update?
-No lounge chairs? Hope there are other pool items. Not a deal breaker as that also can be included eventually; but still a bit odd and should of been in there
-no real picnic basket, just decoration.
-No igloos

While somethings are disappointing and few could eventually make a return later, all it all, I am still excited for everything else.

What other features or lack there of that you know of?
Post edited by XxAirixX on

Comments

• Options
    RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Just a heads-up: The picnic basket is merely a decorative item!

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Really? I guess that should be crossed off then. A bit disappointing as it could of been a perfect timing. Well I still have that cooler from Outdoor Retreat at least.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I suppose that covers the list as we know it so far. Individuals would shift around what are pros and what are cons based on their view, but everything seems to be there.
  • Options
    Well at least what we know of so far anyways.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I'm SOOO excited !!!!!!!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    There is also no igloos. It is confirmed
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    The weather channel is back! Which is a pro for me. And also new recipes including hot cocoa. I'm really excited that I will be able to correlate the food in the game with the season. It feels so weird to make chili during the summer lol but that's just me.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Do you have the source? I keep seeing that it's confirmed, but I haven't seen the actual tweet or anything.
  • Options

Do you have the source? I keep seeing that it's confirmed, but I haven't seen the actual tweet or anything.

You can scroll down on the thread @luthienrising made. I am pretty sure it's under the section of things that aren't in this one
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Outside of the minor disappoints of losing some bad weather effects, I’m still very excited for everything else that has been confirmed for the pack! :blush:

I have no cons outside of the lack of certain bad weather effects.

Pros is everything in your list, @XxAirixX ! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

You can scroll down on the thread @luthienrising made. I am pretty sure it's under the section of things that aren't in this one

That was the first thing I've checked but I saw nothing about igloos.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am disappointed about the the lack of snow depth but I am very excited for all the fun seasonal things for my sims to do.
  • Options

That was the first thing I've checked but I saw nothing about igloos.

I hope someone else can find it for you. I've been looking and can't find it but I'm 99% I saw it.
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    We're getting a new career? What is it?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2018
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »

I think it’s the botanist and florist careers? (Sub-types of the gardening career, I think.)

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

Where are some of the sources? I keep hearing conflicting statements and soruces will help make it easier to keep trace of some info.
  • Options
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »

From what I know, it has to do with gardening and has two branches-botanist and flower arranging.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »

Where are some of the sources? I keep hearing conflicting statements and soruces will help make it easier to keep trace of some info.

Nothing's been said about igloos yet, either way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Add unique outdoor decorations for each season to the "Pros" column. Hurray for Christmas lights!
  • Options
    Add unique outdoor decorations for each season to the "Pros" column. Hurray for Christmas lights!

Those are nice. Saw plenty of things for each season.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Maybe add “befriend a scarecrow” to pros. It says in the description on origin( I forgot if on origin or in the sims website) it says befriend a scarecrow but it’s unknown if it’ll be like TS3:G were imaginary friends came to life or like the stuffed animals for children where they merely end up on the relationships tab.
  • Options
    Maybe add “befriend a scarecrow” to pros. It says in the description on origin( I forgot if on origin or in the sims website) it says befriend a scarecrow but it’s unknown if it’ll be like TS3:G were imaginary friends came to life or like the stuffed animals for children where they merely end up on the relationships tab.

Interesting thought. They could maybe come to life temporarily?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2018
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I seen some threads about lack of snow and hail and other threads about things in it like thermostats, etc...so I figured why not make a thread for all the pros and cons (or at least what you think are pros and cons since everyone's list will be different), which might help others decide about getting the expansion. It can be updated later as we get more info.

Pros:
    -There will be a new career
    -kiddie pool which will give toddlers something to do
    -calendar which supposedly can schedule events
    -swing set
    -scouts for kid sims (I like how they are trying to include more things for all sim life stages)
    -gift giving and holiday guests are back! Like Santa! I remember Santa from Sims 2!
    -Bee keeper thing will be back
    -Can create your own holiday!
    -this pack can integrate with other packs people have like laundry, pets, parenthood, dine out (scheduled lunches), etc....
    -More deaths
    -woohoo in leaves is back (hopefully the igloo will also be back as well)
    -skating is back
    -multiple clothing categories for outwear. I guessing for warmer and cooler clothing, which is nice.
    -Thermostats that can control inside temperature
    -weather machine
    -each world is affected by the weather/seasons differently which is nice, especially since you can easily travel from place to place when ever you want, unlike previous sims games.
    -Doorbells? I hope so, that would make it easier to know if another sim is visiting a lot.
    -More seasonal decorations which look really nice. And finally the Spooky and Holiday stuff packs will have some real use to them!
    -Cocoa and other new drink and possibly food recipes. I heard the tea maker will have spiced apple tea?
    -Looks like kids can decorate the Christmas tree! So cute and makes sims seem even more like a family celebrating the holiday's together.
    -Can befriend Scarecrow. Curious to see what will happen.

cons
    -minor one for me really is lack of tans and sunburns. Would be nice if included so I won't need a mod for it; but they can still included it eventually, especially if there is a beach world in the future which hopefully also bring back swimming in ocean.
    -snow depth. May look pretty; but eh, not that upset personally as it doesn't really affect overall game play (also I get that with the terrain tool, it probably does make it harder).
    -no hail. Slightly disappointed about that. It is a weather/seasons pack, that should of actually been included and don't see how they just leave it out. Maybe a patch update?
    -No lounge chairs? Hope there are other pool items. Not a deal breaker as that also can be included eventually; but still a bit odd and should of been in there
    -no real picnic basket, just decoration.

While somethings are disappointing and few could eventually make a return later, all it all, I am still excited for everything else.

What other features or lack there of that you know of?

Pros
    You can decorate the christmas tree.

Gift Giving is back.

Mistletoe is back.

Santa Claus is back

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I haven't seen were those aren't confirmed but I'm going to ask Emory asap.
  • Options

I haven't seen were those aren't confirmed but I'm going to ask Emory asap.

Please do. I hadn't heard anything about it and any confirmation helps.