Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday ideas

I have some Holiday ideas since we know we can make them.

Number 1:
Snow Days - If snow days aren't making a return I'll be making them, I absolutely loved when my Sims in older games could have the day off and have a cosy day in.

Number 2:
New Years - I really want to make New Years if this also doesn't make a return. I want to also try making a Chinese New Year with my more cultural families which would be really fun!

Number 3:
July 4th (Independence Day) - I want to make the day for July 4th in a park during Summer where people are making food, setting off fireworks and just having a good time.

I hope you all like my ideas!

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    But only one country celebrates July 4th as their Independence Day...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,430 Member
    New Year s is already in Seasons. Trailer showed a New Years Party with a New Years hat on a table.
  • Options
    AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member

This is for creating, I wanted to create this holiday for my own purposes and fun. I just wanted to share my Ideas!
  • Options
    New Year s is already in Seasons. Trailer showed a New Years Party with a New Years hat on a table.

Really? This is Awesome, I thought it was love day.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I list them for me and friends and family for the holidays with parties going.
    • New Years Day - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward, Koopa, Mario and Wario Brothers, Princesses and Luma
    • Valentine's Day - Males and Females
    • St. Patrick's Day - McFreely, Woodward (Main), Woodward (Recurring), Hansen
    • Easter Day - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward
    • Mother's Day - Me and my friends and our mother
    • Memorial Day - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward
    • Father's Day - McFreely (Rich, Vanellope, Victor, Lawrance Jr.), Williams (Jay, Krystal, Shanti, Dwayne, DeShawn, Ben), Landgraab (Carter, Lily, Kenny), Woodward (Zach, Paige, Blake, Hazel, James)
    • Independence Day (4th of July) - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward
    • Labor Day - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward
    • Halloween Day - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward, Koopa
    • Thanksgiving Day - My family
    • Christmas Day - My family, McFreely, Williams, Landgraab, Francisco, Woodward
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I wonder if we can make sims birthday's holidays? Like if I'm playing one family then that family can celebrate each child's birthday each year.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited May 2018

We seem to have both from what we can tell, but they haven't gone into detail on which ones are built in.

I'm waiting to see what the options are for holidays! But I'd love to make a "Simworld Day" of some kind, I think.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    I'm looking forward to making up fictional holidays. I really want more Halloween style celebrations so if it's a versatile system, my Sims will be playing dress-up a lot, lol. I'd also like to honor Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) permanently in my game because I just loved the event that one year we had it. If I can, I think I might have some supernatural holidays to honor Vampires, Aliens and Ghosts, and I might make a creepy Lovecraftian holiday too, for cults who worship the "Ancient Ones", and a day to honor Edgar Allen Poe, like "Day of the Raven".

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the custom holiday feature works. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

This is for creating, I wanted to create this holiday for my own purposes and fun. I just wanted to share my Ideas!

Oh, well then I plan on making holidays related to my roleplay that are specific to a divine god/goddess for every month (not including the usual holidays)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I like the idea of making SimNation day, not exactly an independence day, as I'm not aware of sim history ever involving the claiming of independence as an autonomous state previously under the rule of any other state, but a SimNation day could be a sims-wide celebration of, well, sim-ness.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I also like the idea of minor holidays, things like vampire emancipation day; remembering when sim vampires were accepted into society (which they obviously were at some point or they'd be hiding it all the time) or maybe Growfruit day; remembering when the tasty Growfruit where first discovered.

I do hope though that holidays don't work like they did in 3, when you had to have the day off work. I want sims to be able to opt out of celebrating a day and be able to go to work as normal.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

Love Day is also in but they haven't shown it in the trailer.
  • Options
    With Halloween,Thanksgiving,Christmas,New Year's,Love Day and Easter being in Seasons I hope we get a lot of stuff for each holiday.

With Love Day I'm hoping for Slowdancing,The Love Tester Machine and the Vibrating Heart Shaped Bed and Lip Sofas.

Easter could use some items as well. Glad we're getting the Easter Bunny Npc.

Were finally getting some Autumn Decorations in this pack. I saw a couple in the trailer.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2018
    I can see making the normal holidays for some saves.. and in others creepier ones.. probably cultish even.
    Do we know what we can do yet? Can we name the holiday and set the date? Control what the sims wear and what actions they like to perform? It could be pretty fun most days may end up being holidays in my game... or I'll send them all into the cornfield. Oh wait no cornfields yet... later then.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Did anyone notice in the trailer we have new mailboxes and some are holiday themed. At 0:33 you can see a Halloween Themed Mailbox.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,008 Member
    I'm looking forward to celebrating anniversaries, grandparents day, engagement parties, wedding and baby showers.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I think i'll create holidays following the theme of the sims. An example of this would be creating Leisure Day from a past seasons expansion. I also think it would be cute to create Grandparent's Day. I saw that in an earlier post on this thread after I thought of it! I want my holidays to have the names similar to Maxis created ones ex: Winterfest, Love Day instead of Christmas or Valentine's Day. I like having somewhat of a difference between real life holidays and fictitious ones for gameplay. I'll probably create (if not already in the game) Spooky Day, Snowflake Day, and so on.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'll have them celebrate Noam Chomsky's birthday!
    No, seriously, I love the idea of making up new holidays for my Sims. I don't know yet since I don't know everything that's coming with the pack but it sure is something I will get creative about it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2018

Very much like clubs there are likely pre-made holidays. Like Winterfest, Spooky Day, Easter and the New Years Eve.

And I'm totally making a Grilled Cheese Day. Where everyone eats grilled cheese and dresses as a Llama.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    To quote myself from another thread...
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I might finally get around to making those 4 belief systems. Not only can my members be in a club and meet at the same places, but now they can observe different holidays/secular events too!
    • My Simists will particularly enjoy Volunteer Day (empathy), Science Day (knowledge), Arts Day (culture), History Day (knowledge) and The Big Plant (ecological).
    • Drusims will love The Big Plant (ecological), Flowers For Friends (crafting/gifting), Festival of Bees (harvest) and Stone Circle Celebration (spiritual aspects).
    • Darklings will enjoy Stone Circle Celebration (dancing/hedonism aspects), Mischief Day (obviously), Cowplant Appreciation Day (sacrifices) and
    • My Plumbobians will enjoy Volunteer Day (charity), Pot Luck Day (temple social) and Seasonal Sermon Days (1 per season). Maybe they will be more somber on Wreath Day (memorial event).

Also,
    • Animal lovers of all types will enjoy Fur, Feather and Fin Day, Every Dog Has its... Day, Cats in Hats Day, Simternational Wildlife Day and The Llamaval (Llama carnival).
    • Foodies, Gluttons and chefs will enjoy Simternational Grilled Cheese Day and the Great Simmish (Simlish?) Bake Off.
    • Party animals will enjoy Boozefest.
    • ... And so on.

Aaarghhhh!...

So. Many. Ideas.

• Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited May 2018
    The holidays I want to put in are:
    -Halloween, 31st of October
    -New Years, 31st of December
    -Father's Day
    -Mother's Day
    And a couple of Turkish holidays (I'm Turkish):
    -National Sovereignty and Children's Day. in Turkish, 23 Nisan. On the 23rd of April.
    -National Day. On the 29th of October.
  • Options
    Halloween and New Years are included already.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm more interested in how this mechanic works. Do you just name a holiday and click the icons of what is appropriate in this holiday? So a revamped group system in that case.
  • Options
    Halloween and New Years are included already.

I'm so happy they are, i can wait to learn more... it's weird the simguru's aren't answering questions their's only a month to go but I guess we'll have to wait for a livestream or EA play.