Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Cats and Dogs hint towards Seasons?

the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
So, little thing I just noticed:

In the Origin Description for Seasons, it says our sims can 'count down the calendar days until Winterfest'
xyDfu6Y.png

Now, where have we heard the term 'Winterfest' before? Oh yeah...
2kc42m8.png

It's an illness in The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs... (Winterfest Fever)

And The Sims team say they don't give out hints :wink::joy:

Comments

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes it did. One of the calendars has fall leaves or something on it. Hints are always around us in the sims. I would love a Beach Adventures pack similar to island paradise next! :)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    This is an unpopular opinion, but to me these "hints" you guys find are not really hints, but rather self-fulfilling prophecies
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    This is an unpopular opinion, but to me these "hints" you guys find are not really hints, but rather self-fulfilling prophecies

You have to admit though that it does seem very coincidental that they called an illness in Cats and Dogs the same name as a holiday in their next expansion pack
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think they do give us hints but may have to deny that they're hints?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    There seemed to be A LOT of hints in C&Ds, that's really where most of the rumours that Seasons was next came from! Most of the trees were autumn looking trees and I think there is a tree which looks like it has snow on it. I believe there are also a lot of item names and descriptions that hinted at weather related stuff.

They put the most subtle hints throughout the game. I think there was an object from CL that hinted at pets too? So Seasons will have hints to the next EP?
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff had Witches hints in the item descriptions so fingers crossed for that.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2018
    I think Parenthood was full of hints to pets (including vet career) and seasons, and pets also had a lot of seasons hints. And yes some of the pet illnesses are definitely part of that :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't had a pet have "Winterfest Fever" yet... such a good catch OP. I love stuff like this. Of course there are hints and slips and lightly planned leaks.. they like to do it and they know we like it. There has also been some shade thrown here and there which is funny as all get out to see in the game.
    They can't come out and tell us but they are intelligent creative people with a sense of humor. They find ways... I can even hear them saying let's put this in... and then having to get approval for it. When asked about it they deny it. Heck when faced with a question like did you take the last cookie mom? (which is said with some eye rolling from the accusing party) I gasp and say dramatically, "Me?? Why.. I would never. NEVER." I don't think of it as lying even if they deny they do it. It's more complicated than that.. it's almost indulgent. It's a dance. I hope they keep it up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    One of the calendars has fall leaves or something on it.

Yes! There are three variations: A lush tree, one with sparse, red and yellow leaves, and one that is covered in snow. I always thought that this was a hint that we would eventually be getting seasons.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You mean the pet calendar that comes in only 4 distinct colours?

11-15-17_11-52-58-PM-1320x743.png

Seasons hints in C/D:
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/11/16/speculation-seasons-hints-are-strong-in-the-sims-4-cats-dogs/
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

In the Origin Description for Seasons, it says our sims can 'count down the calendar days until Winterfest'
    xyDfu6Y.png

2kc42m8.png

Yes I think it did and our sims also got turtlenecks and sweaters in Cats and Dogs as well.
  • Options

xyDfu6Y.png

2kc42m8.png

Yes I think it did and our sims also got turtlenecks and sweaters in Cats and Dogs as well.

And all the red trees just screamed autumn :joy:
  • Options
    YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    I do believe so, especially because of the calendar swatches.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They will say no hints but it was pretty obvious Seasons was coming next once you seen all the content in Pets.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    That's all I needed to see in Brindleton Bay to know Seasons was coming.
    12-07-17_5-43-46nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Seems like it. I also like how nice the world is. I noticed how the ocean has waves and looks like a very coastal town. I hope that hints to a possible swimming in the ocean and beach world someday so (beach vacation?). Too many coincidences to just be random.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Seems like it. I also like how nice the world is. I noticed how the ocean has waves and looks like a very coastal town. I hope that hints to a possible swimming in the ocean and beach world someday so (beach vacation?). Too many coincidences to just be random.
    The best beach hint we have got so far is with volunteering to clean up the beach which says something like clean up the beach now for you can go to it later.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I don’t know if I would regard it as a hint, but we got a lot of cas items that will be great to use for outerwear or just in general when it’s colder out. Also, the puddles in the trailer. There was even speculation about them adding rain in the pre EP patch (raining cats and dogs).