Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    dang I was really so excited for this expansion :# but I’ve lived in places where snow can get up to your thighs so the confirmation that snow is pretty much flat white grass ruins it all for me.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    So as it's been confirmed that snow is just a terrain paint, I'm gonna have to say that this series is over for me.
    Can't really understand how players can cope with it.
    The Sims 4 has only limitations.
    Why do they develop the game if it's so limited.

The number one reason why the game is limited is so more people can run it and enjoy it smoothly.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    So as it's been confirmed that snow is just a terrain paint, I'm gonna have to say that this series is over for me.

The number one reason why the game is limited is so more people can run it and enjoy it smoothly.

Then why not make it a toggle like in the sims 2?
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    OMG!!! I can not wait for June 22nd to be here!!! For next 23 days I'm going to work, work, work so the time will past fast as possible. OMG!!!! Thank you EA we finally got SEASONS!!!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oh, this is a pack I’m really, really excited for! :smiley:

I was almost as excited as when I saw the official Toddlers trailer! :lol:

I’m so excited!!

One thing, though: It looks like something happened with that guy in the end. Did he get electricity powers or something? I’m confused!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I find it interesting to see people so disappointed in the snow, especially the thin layer on the roofs. I always thought TS3 snow looked weird with thick layers on the roof, I've literally never seen that in real life, so to me TS4 snow looks more normal. I guess it just never occurred to me when playing TS3, that that was normal for some people.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Simgurukate in twitter said sims won’t get sunburnt but they do overheat.
  • Options
    maybeberecklessmaybebereckless Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="AlwaysTheSun;c-16502721"][quote="Dannydanbo;c-16502532"]Not every place has snow up to your knees. This pack is full of so many wonderful things that a couple of weeks of winter with nondeep snow is not a problem for me.[/quote]

Oh yeah but The Sims 3 was offering more options and deep snow
    And Also not everywhere the snow is flat. Just a flat white paint on everything.. Roofs, furniture.. ground
    Can't believe that players gonna buy everything,
    This is why they'll never try harder [/quote]

My point exactly. One of the SimGurus even said something like “I’m sure we’ll have amazing modders...” I mean, are you freaking serious? Is this some kind of joke? We’re paying an expensive price for it, we shouldn’t have to rely on modders. They were lazy and just keep finding excuses for it. I’m pretty sure that, if they wanted, they could add snow depth. Sims 4 is a joke.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I wonder if our sims will slip and fall in the snow?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the snow the way it is and I hope they don't change it.
  • Options
    ForeverSims_xxForeverSims_xx Posts: 3 New Member
    Eek! OMG I am so excited :D I actually screamed when I saw the trailer
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hi, I don't have twitter, does anyone know if radiators from Vampires will work in Seasons?

Not answered yet but since we're getting Thermostats I doubt radiators from vampires will work.

It hasn't been confirmed that the snow on the ground is just terrain paint it's just that we're not getting any depth. That doesn't mean it's white terrain paint. I doubt sims could make snowmen if that was the case.
  • Options
    PlumLlamaPlumLlama Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm so excited to learn every little thing about this ep. Can't wait to play!
  • Options
    babemaster57babemaster57 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm so excited! This is what I've been waiting for. :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    tamtuck321tamtuck321 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so excited!! It looks awesome, I can't wait!!!!
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm getting more exited the more news we get. I can't wait for the livestream :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm getting more exited the more news we get. I can't wait for the livestream :)

I'm waiting on the Next Trailer. I think we'll get it a lot earlier then we will the Livestream.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I'm still excited! Ive never been this excited for a sims4 pack! NEVER not even city living!!!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    I'm so excited but I feel like my days are going to feel like years
  • Options
    AuroraCelerySimsAuroraCelerySims Posts: 39 Member
    YES! I am SO excited for this!! Seasons was one of my favorite packs for Sims 3
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    In the trailer I believe it's seen that snow covers feet with a sim walking in the snow - I know it's been posted somewhere in the forums but I can't remember if it's here (it will be a few pages ago now) or in another similar thread
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    In the trailer I believe it's seen that snow covers feet with a sim walking in the snow - I know it's been posted somewhere in the forums but I can't remember if it's here (it will be a few pages ago now) or in another similar thread

Hi, this has already been confirmed to not be the case :)
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »

Hard to keep up with so many threads going - I was just saying what someone posted
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    going to have to wait and see it in the game. the trailer looks good, hopefully the game is as good.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »

Hard to keep up with so many threads going - I was just saying what someone posted

I know what you mean. It's hard to keep track of information. However, the maxis sourced info thread is updated very frequently if you wanna check that out! :)