Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm glad to see we won't be getting pink-wheeled skates like in TS3 lol. I always hated those darn things.

Has it been stated anywhere what time scales we can set each season for? I know the standard is 7, but has anyone found out the max length? I'm trying to find out so I can prepare myself for the way I play family rotations.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm glad to see we won't be getting pink-wheeled skates like in TS3 lol. I always hated those darn things.

Has it been stated anywhere what time scales we can set each season for? I know the standard is 7, but has anyone found out the max length? I'm trying to find out so I can prepare myself for the way I play family rotations.

Not yet, no.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Not yet, no.

Thanks, luthien
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    @elanorbreton Apparently the max length is forever if you use the weather machine. I'm not sure it has been confirmed that you can change the length of seasons without the machine though.
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »
    @elanorbreton Apparently the max length is forever if you use the weather machine. I'm not sure it has been confirmed that you can change the length of seasons without the machine though.

Changing season length will be an option in Settings :)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    loutredor wrote: »

Oh, I thought I had read somewhere that you could set the length, like you could in TS3.

Edit. Luth beat me too it! Lol, you are so fast @luthienrising :D
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Ah nice @luthienrising! It's so hard to keep track when there are so many tweets
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Can someone ask on Twitter how vampires will interact with weather ? (Sorry I don't use twitter)
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I asked, but I don't know when I'll get a response.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Has any of the SimGurus confirmed there are actual snow depths but they didn't went for "above the feet"? or am I just not reading clearly?

Thank you.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    MegaGamerChicMegaGamerChic Posts: 29 Member
    Hi can anyone ask if apartments have decorations?
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Has any of the SimGurus confirmed there are actual snow depths but they didn't went for "above the feet"? or am I just not reading clearly?

Thank you.

They confirmed that there is no snow depth a while back
  • Options
    Rebbilina wrote: »

Thank you.

They confirmed that there is no snow depth a while back

More precisely, they confirmed that there is no deep snow. Their comments are specifically about "deep snow" not "snow depth".
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hi can anyone ask if apartments have decorations?

I already have a week ago.
  • Options
    sourgreendollysourgreendolly Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you for this thread. I keep feeling like I'm missing things lol
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for this thread. I keep feeling like I'm missing things lol

I only read SimGuru tweets from SimsCommunity but turns out, they don't really put much tweets from them and that is disappointing cause I kind of missed out some info.

This thread is really helpful.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Can someone ask the gurus from twitter if Sixam will have seasons? As well as the two other hidden lots from Willow Creek and Oasis Springs?

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can someone ask the gurus from twitter if Sixam will have seasons? As well as the two other hidden lots from Willow Creek and Oasis Springs?

I second that question! It would be amazing to see what they'd look like with seasons!
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

That's interesting question, but I wouldn't expect that to be honest. It'd be a bit weird to see 'earthly' weather on the alien planet, and the lot in Oasis Spring is technically a cave - I'm not sure there are much changes in caves. I could see some seasonal changes in Sylvan Glade, but then again, it has that fairy atmosphere almost as if it was other dimension or something like that. Moreover, I remember they said in one of the livestreams that very few simmers visit the hidden lots at all (that's why they don't make them anymore), so I doubt they will pay much more attention to them in the future.
  • Options

That's interesting question, but I wouldn't expect that to be honest. It'd be a bit weird to see 'earthly' weather on the alien planet, and the lot in Oasis Spring is technically a cave - I'm not sure there are much changes in caves. I could see some seasonal changes in Sylvan Glade, but then again, it has that fairy atmosphere almost as if it was other dimension or something like that. Moreover, I remember they said in one of the livestreams that very few simmers visit the hidden lots at all (that's why they don't make them anymore), so I doubt they will pay much more attention to them in the future.

Sylvan Glade as a Fairy world?

a CONCEPT.

But I agree, especially with Sixam. It's basically from outer space.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

If Sixam has weather, I don't think it would be the same weather we have, so, I don't think they would create an all new weather system for a world that players rarely ever use.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If Sixam has weather, I don't think it would be the same weather we have, so, I don't think they would create an all new weather system for a world that players rarely ever use.

Well they did say that each world would have appropriate weather, so maybe they get a different color of rain or something....
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Well they did say that each world would have appropriate weather, so maybe they get a different color of rain or something....

That's what I honestly thought, too.

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited June 2018
    I guess the question is : does it take time for the ground to fill with snow and does it do it gradually or is it that once it start snowing the ground is white
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top