Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best The Sims 3 Store Daily Deal of 2018?!

bestdeal.PNG?dl=1

Don't miss out on this amazing deal on the store today! ;)
"Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Drat, I already own it. No savings for me
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oh, I've seen those. I have some screenshots someplace from the store site as well where the DD offer was actually 1 point lower (so 0% saved) and some even higher than the original price. Something about sets being reconfigured and repriced without the DD database having taken that into account, so the offers that were higher were advertising to save a negative amount, -5% or something like that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Where..is the store items now? How would one have access to it? Do you buy items via in game?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Where..is the store items now? How would one have access to it? Do you buy items via in game?
    The store hasn't changed locations, it's still on the old TS3 site. Only the forums got taken down when they merged into these.
    https://store.thesims3.com

There is a store shopping in-game feature, but it's not necessary to use that. Many of us keep it switched off in the Game Options because it's distracting and uses up system resources when the game has more than enough to do already.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    The store hasn't changed locations, it's still on the old TS3 site. Only the forums got taken down when they merged into these.
    https://store.thesims3.com

There is a store shopping in-game feature, but it's not necessary to use that. Many of us keep it switched off in the Game Options because it's distracting and uses up system resources when the game has more than enough to do already.

I actually have it enabled even though I could just use the website.
    How much of the system resources does it use anyway?
    "Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
    Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!
  • Options
    I actually have it enabled even though I could just use the website.
    How much of the system resources does it use anyway?
    (Holds hands around eight inches apart) About this much? :p

Sorry, just kidding. That's impossible to measure. But the store can be flaky and unreliable at times, and most of our games have more then enough flakiness going on all around them without adding more stress to them. Game sessions where everything bogs down and lag suddenly appears just because store items we don't even own are taking too long to load into Build/Buy are not my idea of fun things to troubleshoot.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Don't miss out on this amazing deal on the store today! ;)

@UnseenHorizon - I have a possible explanation for "the amazing deal". This has been discussed in the Daily Deal (DD) threads. The Bayside Kitchen Set is not the only set offered at zero or very low discount on the Daily Deal.

This comment relates to the Cante Captivating set
    trithone wrote: »

Note: To provide a possible explanation for the 1 sp sale, some DDers speculate that the DD prices are sometimes based on the regular prices that were in place when the store stopped producing new content in summer 2014. The regular price of this item dropped from 550 sp last August which would make this deal 46% off.

114 ) Cante Captivating / 297 / 298 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 315, # 192)

As listed in the Daily Deal list which began April 2014, the Bayside Kitchen set was 600 sp. As well, according to data in Crinrict's S3S Browser, the original price was 1175 sp.

Whoever set up the current/last Daily Deal list, which began in September 2014, should have taken the time to check the discount on a deal was at least 10% off.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet