Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Immortal Dog?

I feel like I've been making too many discussions lately :p But here we go again, 'cause this is bugging me...

So, my Sim has a dog that's an elder, and has been at the very end of their lifespan bar-thingy for, like, over a week now I think. Look, the dog's great, I have nothing against him. But... I think it's time to move on. So does anyone know why he, you know, hasn't? Is there some weird immortality glitch? I had a similar issue with a cat, but deleted the game for a different reason. I also had a different cat that lived a long, happy life then died. So I dunno what's up with Domino.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    We all play with different life spans, but a sim week over life expectancy isn't very long. The lifespan on my ongoing game is 242 sim days and I've had sims make it to just over 300 before (although this is rare, 250-270 is more typical). That's for humans, of course, but don't see why pets should be any different.

Beginning when a sim reaches the end of their Elder stage, each sim night at midnight the dice are rolled behind the scenes to determine if they will survive another day or should expect a visit from Grimmy later that day. Some sims will survive many such rolls in a row, others will not be so fortunate.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Lol! And here I am using cheats to get the young again potion for my pets, because I don't spend hours training them for them to up and die on me. Nosiree! My sims and their pets are all immortal. I don't do generations. Some of my sims are real life years old. I have an "imaginary friend" that has pictures coloured all over her - I don't know when EA stopped doing that.
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Um, you could use a mod to - decease your Fido at your own convenience. I have been known to exterminate annoying paparazzi with a "kill 'em off mod". It's very cute when a pet dies. Grimmy gives them a nice cuddle. No begging or pleading there.