Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Find Registration Key No Matter What I do *closed*

ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
I bought the Sims 3 University Life three years ago, on disc. I have the disc, but not the case. (Hard to keep track of stuff for three whole years tbh.) My old laptop recently died and I had to get a new one which meant I had to reinstall everything.

All my other expansions are find, but University Life isn't showing up on Origin as something I purchased. It does show up on Amazon as something I've ordered but indicates no registration key since it wasn't a download. I've looked everywhere, and I've tried to contact EA but have currently been on hold for an hour.

Is there any other way I can recover my registration key?
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
Post edited by ARRensch on

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you have the disc and you have proof of purchase off of Amazon , EA might be willing to give you a new download code if you did not register the disc code on origin. That would be up to EA. If not , they may request you buy a new copy. You have to contact EA directly with any account issues. No one here can help with accounts.
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    I was hoping someone would know a place to look, but oh well. I did contact EA and they said there was nothing they could do. Guess I'll just have to keep looking or buy a new one. Ugh.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    If you still have the dead laptop and phillips screwdriver, you can pull the OS hdd or SSD from it. The registry can provide product codes.

You need to have a docking station or exernal hardware that can read from sata drives. One cheap solution that I use for many HDD maintenance issues (including game backups),I got from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAML7OK/

Put the drive into that and follow the directions here:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/64600/how-to-recover-windows-and-software-keys-from-a-broken-computer/
    • How to Recover Keys From a Separate Hard Drive
      If you have a computer that won’t boot, you can recover its keys as long as the hard drive still works. You just need to remove the drive, connect it to a functional computer, and point ProduKey at it.

Caveat: I haven't done this to recover EA game code keys myself so do not know if the software listed in the article can do this, but have done similar work with key recovery from rescued boot hard drives and have pulled game saves (including TS3 games) from dead computers this way also.

-The Orico external drive can get warm. It has no external vents to the box, so if pressed into using this for whole system backups, put it on a cookie cooling rack.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣