March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Losaru's Sims Stories: 2nd World Short Stories: Sakura's Travels.

These are collected posts for "Sakura's Travels" found in "Happy Play" thread.

And now that I've gotten some game in, I can finally start on my last 2nd World short story.
Sakura's Travels

Weeks went by after Claire's trip to Sixam, Claire and her father were soon getting ready for an event planned by Julia, although the human teen had not told her own parents, only that she had plans on going out that night to San Myshuno.

6bNbW9a.jpg

Emma was using the stove so I guess Peter got desperate?

tkpvnwg.jpg

"Sakura," said Emma. "Have you seen Julia?"

"Mmph..." said Sakura as he ate his burger, "She said she had to get ready for some sort of function tonight. I'll go check on her."

PkgKY5D.jpg

After finishing his burger, he went upstairs, hearing Julia humming to herself in the bathroom.

"Julia? Are you decent?"

"Umm....Yeah...You can come in..." Julia said hesitantly.

63uuiJb.jpg

Sakura entered the bathroom, pausing for a moment when he saw Julia, dressed up in a very flashy outfit and wearing a blonde wig.

"Umm...Julia, sweetie? Are you going through some phase we need to talk about? I mean I fully support you in whatever you're doing so long as it isn't illegal or would hurt anyone..."

tHIUbc9.jpg

Julia laughed, although Sakura also hearing a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank plum! I wasn't sure you'd understand. Heh...And don't worry, Dad. It isn't illegal...well...Not yet..."

"Not yet?" said Sakura, raising an eyebrow.

sNohldC.jpg

"You see," explained Julia, "Tonight I'm going out as Lady Shadow."

"Okay....You've become a superhero?" commented Sakura.

Julia laughed, "Not really, although maybe if we can change Mayor Feng's mind. He's been trying to pass a by-law that bans all what he consider "distracting dress" which would also include drag. We have a guy named Kyle in our class that does drag on the weekends at the karaoke bar. If Mayor Feng's law is passed, he won't be able to do his "Darling Diva Does Disco" or "Sunday Supers" shows anymore. So I decided to hold a protest at Mayor Feng's weekly speech tonight along with Nividia and Claire, and apparently Uncle Brody too. I didn't know if you'd understand..."

c7vgMQM.jpg

It was Sakura's turn to laugh.

"Hey I may not do drag, nor do I really know anyone that does, but I have done my share of protests. I had to protest just to take a guy to my high school graduation and even helped with a walk-out in college when they wanted to get rid of the library. I don't mind protesting for something like this!"

"Wow, Dad," said Julia. "I...never realized."

N1g3wg9.jpg

Julia then smiled.

"Okay then, Dad. Before we go out, you need to get dressed up. I told Claire and Nividia that we're gonna make Mayor Feng notice one way or another!"

Sakura chuckled. "Sure."

Fhdpm10.jpg

Sakura started looking over his face.

"Can you check the closet and see if your Nan left that bag of her clothes she was planning on giving away? Oh and check for any wigs left over from Halloween."

"Sure thing, Dad."

vMZObBP.jpg

After another half hour, Sakura and Julia went downstairs, Peter blinking.

"Uhh...What's going on guys?"

XMX71K2.jpg

Julia explained the drag protest.

"And you roped your Dad into this, huh?" Peter chuckled. "If I had heard about it earlier, I could have made up signs or something for you. I've never actually been one for protesting part. That's usually your uncle's department."

"Oh yeah. Uncle Brody was all up for it. Even raided Aunt Opera's outfits to try and find something that might fit. I can't wait to see what he's wearing!"

"Yeah really. Can I ask though why maybe you didn't start with a letter to Mayor Feng?"

uSX3Xrc.jpg

"This is Mayor Feng we're talking about," said Sakura, mimicking the man. "Aunt Jasmine invited him over one day with his wife and all he would talk about was how he wanted San Myshuno to be a "model" community, if he wasn't talking about his wife's business."

"I guess that's true. He is a bit of a stick in the mud sometimes," said Peter. "And you don't fear Aunt Jasmine seeing you like this?"

"If after everything Aunt Jasmine and I went through, she has something to say about her nephew and great-niece going off to protest one's right to perform drag and wear what they wish, then she must have something wrong going on in her head. I'm not scared."

eEmXUCk.jpg

Peter laughed.

"Sounds like you're all set then. Better get going then. Mayor Feng will be starting his weekly speeches soon."

Julia nodded.

"Right. C'mon, Dad. Let's stick it to the man!"

"Right behind you," said Sakura, beaming with confidence.
Next post, Julia and Sakura, along with the rest of their group, fight for the right to drag.
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Julia and Sakura soon headed out to San Myshuno, meeting up with Brody and Claire, as well as Levono's daughter Nividia. They then ascended down to Uptown where Mayor Feng was giving his speech...to little to no crowd.

90FeoQ1.jpg

"Now that's just sad," said Brody as the group watched Mayor Feng. "He's just...speaking to empty chairs."

"And to the gym goers I guess," said Sakura.

"From what I heard, it was his wife's idea," commented Nivida. "Speak every week and eventually you'll draw a crowd."

"Not this week though," said Julia. "Not if we can speak louder."

ZOYCpix.jpg

Julia then thought for a moment.

"Dad? Do you think you can change out of your "Mrs. Nesbit" for the protest?"

Sakura raised a brow.

"You sure? I thought you wanted everyone dressed up."

"Yeah, but I think maybe it might seem more official if someone was wearing a 'protest' shirt."

"I think I get what you're talking about,' said Sakura.

7hFrmgn.jpg

Having packed shirts just in case, Julia allowed her dad to change before giving him a sign and the megaphone she had borrowed from the cheerleadering club.

"Don't be a snag! Allow the drag!" Sakura shouted over Mayor Feng.

The man was a bit perturbed, but continued his speech.

"Yes! As your mayor, I promise to make San Myshuno a place of order and harmony...."

RuvADGv.jpg

Soon, everyone else joined Sakura, shouting out the message about Mayor Feng's unfair proposal.

rZf5uId.jpg

"I choose my dress, not you!" Julia hollered out over the small crowd.

MpqrFXP.jpg

"Does it look like I'm hurting anyone wearing my wife's night dress? NO!" Brody roared into the microphone. "And I don't care! Wear the dress! Wear the dress!!"

a5CM6Pu.jpg

Mayor Feng continued to talk, trying to increase his volume.

"And so, as proposed by me and my wife..."

"Fleck no! We won't go! Fleck no! We won't go!" the protesters shouted above him. "Drag is here in Myshuno!"

yzoM81A.jpg

Finally, Mayor Feng stopped his speech, his lip turning up as his brows narrowed down.

QPC8Ns1.jpg

"Ah Mr. Feng," said Sakura, having changed back into his costume as the small group's chats lowered, Julia still charging on. "Glad you finally decide to address us."

glxjhz7.jpg

"You're Jasmine's nephew aren't you?" Mr. Feng said sharply. "What are you doing in such a get-up? I would have thought her family would have been brought up better!"

"Excuse me!" said Sakura. "I'm here supporting my daughter's protest on account of your "distracting dress" proposal!"

IMbNOGq.jpg

"And you look ridiculous! Thus why I'm proposing the ban on "distracting dress" here in San Myshuno. Our city already has the wack-outs wearing bathing suits and masks. We don't need other citizens dressing up like some peafowls!"

Brody loomed over Mr. Feng.

"Excuse me, sir but have you considered that some of those 'peafowl' may not even be dressing in drag? Ever heard of transitioning? And If we're talking about "distracting dress," I've seen your wife wear some flashier stuff than what we're even wearing out in public. If you pass this so-called law, your wife would have to start paying some hefty fines I think."

1btbCsR.jpg

Mayor Feng gasped.

"My dear Lily? Surely not! I mean her outfits..."

"Are just as flamboyant and 'distracting' as ours tonight. You can't just ban 'distracting dress' unless you're meaning 'distracting dress' and that doesn't just mean 'guy in a dress' or 'girl in thick pants. It means anything distracting, which can include your wife's wardrobe."

Mr. Feng was dumbfounded, Sakura giving Brody a look as if to ease off a bit to let it sink in with the man that he almost banned his hot-headed wife's formal wear.

Julia then cleared her throat.

"Mr. Feng? May we sit down and talk?"

"I...I...I guess..." said the mayor, blinking with astonishment. "All she wanted was to make San Myshuno look civilized..."

vojCdrQ.jpg

Mr. Feng, Brody, Sakura, and Julia sat down, Julia then saying her piece, Brody giving a hard glare with Sakura hushing his brother-in-law.

"Mayor Feng. We didn't come to embarrass you."

The mayor gave a huff.

"Well it felt like it..."

Sakura shook his head to Brody.

RFkAnAq.jpg

"We wanted to protest because if you passed such a law, sure, maybe it could prevent some eyesores of fashion, like when my uncle had to wear a maternity top..."

"Hey..." Brody grumbled, Julia chuckling as she waved at him and continued.

"But you see, Mayor Feng, a law is supposed to help more than hinder and your law would have been doing more hinder than harm. We have a guy in our class that does drag on the weekends. He entertains so many at the karaoke bar on Saturdays and quite enjoys it himself. Were he not allowed to do that, he would probably feel as if the city he was born in was shunning him for a part of his personality. No one would get to see him dance and perform and I am sure his self-esteem would plummet."

Mayor Feng narrowed his brow in thought.

"And then there are probably those that would be dressed like you are all tonight because it is a part of who they are, who they fully are..."

lhCnlkA.jpg

"Exactly Mayor Feng," said Julia. "What about your citizens that are transitioning but haven't gone through adjustments? What about citizens that just find a skirt more comfortable than shorts on a hot day? Or just want to wear something that belonged to a departed loved one? So long as they aren't hurting anyone Mayor Feng, then why hurt them? I mean sure, a poor fashion sense can hurt the eyes briefly, but a ban just hurts everyone, and for a lot longer. Do you understand what I mean now, Mayor Feng?"

The mayor then clapped with glee.

"You'd make a wonderful politician in the future. Yes, I get it now. If I want to better this city, it won't be through banning drag or the like. That and...well, Lily might have my head if she found out that her party-wear was suddenly outlawed."

WbZ9Gov.jpg

"I still keep my reservations about you though," the mayor said to Sakura. "Such an open top? You don't even have...what women have..."

Sakura shrugged.

"Would it matter?"

"I guess not," said Mayor Feng. "Now if you excuse me, I must head home."

"Yeah," said Brody. "Same here. C'mon kids, Sakura. Let's go."

DgD8fmb.jpg

Julia and Sakura were soon dropped off home, tired but pleased that the protest had shown to be a success.

cmqgyQ8.jpg

Julia hugged her Dad before they went inside.

"Thanks for supporting the cause, Dad. I admit, I was really nervous at first when I came up with the idea, but having you there tonight really helped me get over it. I don't think any foster parents I had before would have gone so far as to actually dress up."

Sakura smiled.

"It's like I said: It wasn't illegal nor hurting anyone-well, except Mayor Feng's pride a bit-and you're my daughter. Of course I was going to support you. Even if it means wearing this outfit."

"Yeah...Thanks again, Dad."

"Sure...Now speaking of though, let's go in. These heels are killing my feet."
    Next post, Sakura gets a message from Tobias with some shocking news.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

The next morning, everyone was up, Julia having taken a holiday from school.

Mf9DpX0.jpg

"You actually got him to change his mind," Peter commented on Julia's efforts the night before. "I didn't think that would be possible."

"Well once you talked to him, Mayor Feng didn't seem all that reasonable," said Julia. "I think he just needed a good 'boot' in the cerebellum to make him see the bigger picture."

"Still though," said Peter. "That's a big accomplishment. I'm proud of you, Julia."

"Heh. Thanks Pops."

R65pwF9.jpg

Just after cleaning his breakfast dishes, Sakura got a text from Tobias.

"Huh. Glad he finally figured out how to text instead of calling me for everything."

He scrolled through.

RKIqFHK.jpg

"Yeesh Tobias. Maybe you should have called me on this one. Peter's shown me novels shorter than this...Uhhuh...What?"

rMempx1.jpg

Sakura sat down by Peter just as Emma finished regaling him about her latest time in the office.

"And then...for a Fools' Day prank, I wrote it all in comic sans!"

"Hah....Oh man, Mom..."

"Hey, Peter?" asked Sakura. "Got a minute?"

"Yeah, what?"

"Well, Tobias just texted me. He says he's found some possible information about my biological mother. I'm planning on going to visit him this afternoon to see what he has."

isehsDk.jpg

"Can I come too, Dad?" asked Julia. "I rarely get to see Uncle Toby."

"Ah, not this time. You may be on holiday but you still have homework to finish and a project to build for Friday. I can handle this on my own."

qXXJl6d.jpg

Peter paused, soon intertwining his fingers.

"On...On your own? I know you and Julia went off to San Myshuno last night but...I...You...What if something happens..."

"Peter, I'll be fine. It's only Tobias. And if you're worried about Crash, she's long gone. I'll be okay."

"I guess...I just...I still get afraid sometimes. I don't want to lose you again."

rfKKLWl.jpg

"I appreciate the sentiment, Peter, but again. I'll be fine. Would it help you if I called from Aunt Jasmine's place once I finish visiting with Tobias?"

"Why not call from there?"

"Because his apartment has a low noise policy. I'd rather keep it as such. That and I want to see Aunt Jasmine's new puppy."

"Alright. Call from your aunt's place. I'm probably just overly paranoid."

hxDam95.jpg

Peter then kissed Sakura's cheek.

"Be safe. I love you."

"Of course I will. I love you, too Peter."

4zaEhxC.jpg

That afternoon, Sakura went off to San Myshuno to visit Tobias. He found the man in the hallway.

"Hi Uncle Tobias."

"Eh? Oh yes, Sakura. Sh..Let's get in my place. I have something to show you."

vytaAaj.jpg

The two went into Tobias' apartment, Sakura noticing four new pictures on the wall.

"Your wife?" asked Sakura.

iSaVn2u.jpg

"Nope," said Tobias, giving a yawn.

SX5mGC2.jpg

"Those are pictures of your mother, Dana LaCroix. Sent to me by your sister."

KiBpmkk.jpg

Sakura sat down, eyes now widening as he took in the news.

"My...My sister? Wait, are you sure? How did you even know this woman is my biological mother?"

Tobias chuckled.

"I wasn't sure myself at first. After you showed me how to use this phone for the internet, I signed up to that Simbook website and to a group looking for lost relatives. I have a brother of my own I've been trying to find. Saw a young lady on there that was looking for a brother of hers. Said her mother had mentioned it before she passed. 'Born in Parisian area, was given to St. Aria's Mercy Orphanage.' That was the orphanage your Dad got you from, right?"

"Yeah. Still, from what Mom said, there were a lot of kids there."

"Ah but how many of them were the offspring of an artist? That's always been the rumour."

pbmvsHi.jpg

Sakura gave a small smile.

"Yes, that is the rumour, Tobias, but still. There were probably tons of children at that orphanage. I would love to think that this woman was my biological mother, but there's no way to be sure."

"Oh there is," corrected Tobias. "You were adopted the same day you were put in that orphanage, correct? Now while the place couldn't give your name or where your parents lived because of privacy, they told your sister that you were the only child given up at that orphanage that spring day. And while there were others adopted, you were the only 'same day' baby. I'm telling you, Sakura. I truly think that this lady I was talking to is your biological sister and the woman in the photos she gave me is your mother."

wTGBRJp.jpg

"This all sounds a bit, crazy, Uncle Toby," said Sakura. "But if what you say is true, I may have a sibling I never knew about. Where is she? Why didn't she give you a picture of her?"

Tobias shrugged.

"Said she didn't want to show her picture online. She sent those pictures by mail for plum sake, after we chatted I mentioned about you being adopted. According to the address, her name is Ashley and she lives in Brindleton Bay. Your father and I used to stay there between tours. Nice place. Lots of strays though so watch your plate as it were."

Sakura felt his heart flutter.

"I...I still can't take it in. If...If this is all true, I have a sibling! A long lost sibling that is trying to find me!"

TTJxCJH.jpg

The two got up, Sakura hugging Tobias.

"Thank you so much, Tobias! This...This is wonderful!"

"Don't mention it. I think Satoshi would have wanted you to find your biological parents at some point. I'm just happy to have hopefully helped. Now go take those pics and go find your sister."

HZ6jfQ6.jpg

Sakura went over to the wall and took the pics off the wall.

iL7jR1k.jpg

"Heh...Peter's always been asking when we could on vacation again. Hope he doesn't mind Brindleton Bay then. I'm sure Julia would enjoy it. Maybe even Emma."

"Who's Emma?" asked Tobias.

"Peter's Mom. Really nice woman."

Tobias nodded his head.

"Oh yeah...Ah what am I saying. I'm too old to get involved."

Sakura laughed.

"I think she'd think the same. Now I have to go see my aunt. I promised Peter I'd call him from her place."

"Okay see ya. Wait...How old is your aunt...?"

9vD19BK.jpg

And so, Sakura went off with the possible pictures of his birth mother, a woman by the name of Dana LaCroix, who apparently also had a second child, Ashley LaCroix, hoping to find her long lost brother.

Ayxry4z.jpg
    Next time, Sakura tells his family the news, talks to his mom (As in Alice) about his biological family, and then vacation to Brindleton Bay to search for long lost relatives.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After speaking with Tobias, Sakura went over to visit Aunt Jasmine, checking on her and her new housepets: Sir Lawrence Taptoes III, Miss Muffin Wigglebottoms, and their puppy, Scruffs Taptoes III.

c5Kdsl9.jpg

"You ready to go out for walkies, Lawrence?" said Jasmine to the large chow-chow. "Okay. Go get your leashy and I'll walk you out."

KaI5CVM.jpg

"Sakura can you watch Muffins and Scruffs while I'm out for a bit to let Lawrence go piddle?"

Sakura chuckled. Ever since his aunt had gotten her dogs, she had been even more relaxed and positive than when they had their talk so long ago.

"Heh...Sure thing Aunt Jasmine. Let me finish cleaning up around here."

yzbIkB7.jpg

Jasmine bent down to address the black pug in the room.

"Mumsy will only be gone for a bit. Then I can take you out for walkies a little later, okay?"

Muffin gave a snorty "ruff" as if she was replying.

gxbAMJm.jpg

Sakura didn't ask or want to know how Lawrence and Muffin had their puppy. If one thing though, the little ruff was a bottomless pit when it came to food.

"BooowBowbow!"

"Scruffs, you just ate a whole bowl of kibble and half you mom's food. You don't need any more."

CW6z2Xh.jpg

"Let's cuddle on the couch with your mom, huh?"

Scruffs panted with a smile.

zlYnWdt.jpg

Outside, Jasmine gave a fowl scrunch of her nose.

"Oh dear. I shall never get used to how much you actually piddle!"

Gq0qh05.jpg

"But that was a good piddle! Who wants a treat?"

Lawrence barked, jumping up and down in excitement.

yeisOxo.jpg

Back up in the apartment, Sakura was holding up Scruffs.

"Okay, just don't pee on me," said Sakura, smiling. "There we go."

KDUSgOC.jpg

"Plum you're adorable!"

Scruffs wiggled his little legs as if he was swimming, giving little yaps.

wef1IDn.jpg

Sakura smiled, cuddling the pup.

"Okay, lil guy. I gotta call Peter."

xX4huTb.jpg

"Hey Peter...Yes I'm doing okay....Was just taking care of Aunt Jasmine's dogs...Hm?...Yeah...Uhhuh...Yeah I'm planning on going to Mom's and then I'll be home...Yes...I love you, too."

TCpLA7A.jpg

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"Jasmine! Jasmine, dear! Is it alright if I come over? Lily is working late and I am kind of bored."

syUtXK3.jpg

Sakura went to answer the door, Muffin barking.

"It's okay, Muffins. It's just Mr. Feng."

ov25GsX.jpg

"Oh. Hello, Sakura."

"Hi Mr. Feng. Aunt Jasmine isn't here right now. Maybe check in an hour or so? We're tending to the dogs."

"I understand," said Mr. Feng. "Might be best when she finishes with the pups. Last thing I need is Lawrence being interested in my shoes...again."

VlaYT1S.jpg

Sakura sat down again, Muffin joining him.

"Don't worry, Muffin. I don't mind you barking at him."

3J4RxLz.jpg

"Bark at who?" asked Jasmine after returning with Lawrence.

"Just Victor Feng. He was bored and wanting to hang out."

"Oh dear. I hope you told him to wait until I'm finished taking out the dogs. Would you mind playing with Lawrence while I get Muffin's coat?"

APtab9K.jpg

"One sec, Aunt Jasmine," said Sakura, rubbing Muffin's tummy.

Lawrence suddenly gave a loud bark, telling Sakura that "Playtime. Now!"

8A2OLnC.jpg

"C'mere Lawrence. Wanna play fetchies?"

The dog bounded over, Sakura tossing the ball, although only for the dog to just plop down and chew on it.

P6uu72G.jpg

Aunt Jasmine was taking out the garbage when she looked down.

"I thought you were playing fetch with him?"

"He apparently wanted to play 'Fetch once and Chew on it' instead."

5rYT1YP.jpg

And Scruffs went to take a nap in the sun.

3ACH0Sm.jpg

Just then, Sakura's phone rang.

"Hello...Oh hey Mom! Yeah I'm just about to leave...Yeah...Yeah she's here."

"Oh!" exclaimed Aunt Jasmine. "Tell Alice I should be good for Friday next week. I have Darling Walsh coming over to babysit my lil Wiggles and Taptoes whimsies!"

Alice said over the phone, almost audible.

"What the flying monkeys is she going on with?"

rFSRzAN.jpg

Sakura laughed.

"She got a sitter for the dogs and will be available for Friday."

"What?" Jasmine laughed herself. "You always told me to get a hobby. What's wrong with taking care of dogs?"

"Nothing wrong with that," Alice called out. "But they're turning your speech into goo."
    Next post, Sakura and Alice talk about Sakura's biological mother.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After snuggling with the dogs, Sakura went off to his mother's place to talk about his plans to go to Brindleton Bay.

XqtUUwJ.jpg

First thing Sakura had to do though, was clean up a scrambled egg that was on the porch. Whether it was his mother's or someone else's, he didn't know.

"Seriously? Some people..."

HDRVTjs.jpg

And, maybe to kill two birds with one stone, he went into the bathroom to wash the pan and his hands.

"Grossgrossgross..."

GAavshH.jpg

Sakura found his mother on the computer.

"Hey Mom."

"Hi dear. One sec. I'm almost finished this level."

A36rkS7.jpg

After her game, Alice got up and hugged Sakura.

"So, what brings you to visit your mom?"

"I thought I told you, Mom. It's about...Well, can we sit down?"

nvboSxS.jpg

After the two sat down, Sakura started talking about his visit with Tobias.

"So he thinks he's found your original Mom, huh?"

"Well...possibly. Everything seems to match. Same orphanage, timing is right. She's unfortunately passed away, but according to Tobias, I still have a sister out there I haven't met yet. At least not until I go to Brindleton Bay."

"That sounds wonderful," said Alice. "Except...you seem a bit apprehensive for some reason."

LcWdYKL.jpg

"It's just..." said Sakura. "I guess I'm feeling a bit conflicted. As if me going out to find out more about my biological family would be insulting you somehow. At the same time though...I really want to know what she was like."

TyMvjaW.jpg

"Oh Sakura," Alice said sincerely. "Your old anxiety is showing again. You wouldn't be insulting me. If anything I am happy this day finally came. I hope you find your sister and tell her about how I will always treat her as my own if we ever met."

"Heh...Thanks Mom."

"Now then, do you have any pics of this long-lost sister?" asked Alice.

"No," said Sakura. "But I do have of her Mom...or my Mom...Wow that's weird."

yIKHGuy.jpg

Sakura then showed Alice the pictures of Dana LaCroix.

"Phew! Quite the looker back in the day."

"Yeah. Ashley mailed the pics to Tobias, who then let me take them. I plan on returning the originals to Ashley if I can find her."

G81zLFL.jpg

"Well," said Alice, looking over Sakura. "If anything, you have this "Dana's" eyes. Now get going. I think Peter and Julia would enjoy the vacation. Emma too of course, if that job of hers gives her the vacation days."

6fhjWwy.jpg

"Thanks Mom," said Sakura, hugging his Mom before he left. "If I can find Ashley, I'll see if she can visit sometime."

H42b11N.jpg

Sakura returned home with a smile on his face, excited to tell Peter the news.

t5Q0shm.jpg

"Mmmph...Welcome home."

"Aw, Peter. I wasn't gone that long."

"I know. But still, I always miss you when you're not around."

3qgXlpR.jpg

"So," asked Peter, "What did Tobias say? Did he find your biological mother?"

VBIhGGD.jpg

"Sort of," explained Sakura. "He got in contact with apparently my sister, who's been looking for me. She sent Tobias the pics of my biological Mom and everything she said seemed to match up. So he suggested that I head out to Brindleton Bay to find this sister of mine. What do you think? Would you be up for a vacation?"

Peter chuckled.

"Well I wouldn't mind. We haven't had a trip in a long time and I wouldn't mind checking out Brindleton Bay."

AopLe4Z.jpg

"Brindleton Bay?!" an overly-excited Julia squealed. "Is it true, Dad? Are we going to Brindleton Bay?!!"

"Calm down, Julia," Sakura said with a laugh to his voice. "Yes, yes we are. My sister Ashley is apparently there."

"That's awesome!" said Julia, still on spring boards. "But they also have like cats everywhere and ocean. Oh and there's this island that's said to be haunted and...."

akn0of8.jpg

As Julia raved about Brindleton Bay, Sakura looked at Peter with an amused glance.

"Don't think I've seen someone this excited over something since you asked me to marry you."

"I dunno," said Peter. "We haven't seen Mom's reaction yet."

Sakura smiled.

"Guess we'd better ask her and get ready to go then."

AsKrZTg.jpg

Julia then ran upstairs, preening herself.

"If I'm going on vacation, I'm getting new clothes. Wonder if I should see if I can get Dad and Pops some new stuff too?"
    Next post, Off to Brindleton Bay!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

A couple days after, the Williams' family was all ready for an adventure/vacation in Brindleton Bay, jumping aboard a boat and heading off.

bqBj7ja.jpg

"Okay so I called the lady that rented their summer home to us. There's a full kitchen, outside firepit, and even a hottub," explained Sakura. "It will take some time to get there on foot, but at least we can see the sights along the way.

Otwept6.jpg

"That's all well and good, Sakura," said Emma, "But why not just call a cab?"

"Well...Maybe..."

"And don't forget, love," said Peter. "We have luggage that needs to be carried too."

"It's not that much, Peter. I mean we packed Emma's and Julia's together and..."

H0ZorO8.jpg

"Hey Pops, look," said Julia, showing Peter her phone. "There's a restaurant not too far from here. Can we get some food before we get to the summer home? I'm starved!"

"Well it does look nice," commented Peter. "And the prices are reasonable. How about it, Sakura?"

"Hah...I guess..." Sakura sighed happily. "We can go eat and then call a cab."

B5vkJuH.jpg

While Julia raved more about eating, Sakura called up the owner of the summer home.

"Yeah, slight detour. We're going to go eat first before we get to the house. You'll leave the key under the rocks? Okay perfect. Thanks!"

2SGDW1I.jpg

The "Coast Breeze" Restaurant (Can't remember name on gallery) was not too far away from the docks, Sakura and company quickly going inside.

xHDTJVW.jpg

"Good evening, sir. Just you today?" asked the hostess.

"Ah no. 4 please."

D6P1KbD.jpg

"Okay...Alright, sir. Table for 4 right upstairs."

"Thanks. Oh and do you have a place we can put our luggage? We just came off the ferry."

"I can tend to those for you. We get a lot of people coming in to eat just after the long boat ride. The waiter will see to you once everyone is seated. Enjoy your meal."

hQVV00E.jpg

Sakura then led everyone upstairs.

r0EVT4f.jpg

Found the bar.

13ACr0z.jpg

"Aw..."Julia frowned. "I was hoping that they would have lobster."

"It's probably not in season, dear," explained Emma. "Ooo! Mozzarella sticks..."

c8v3Ig4.jpg

The waiter soon came over to take down their orders.

WMBD8qv.jpg

Aaannnd by my own fault, I forgot to order food. XP.

"Wait, waiter! Can we get some food as well?"

xbuUfNz.jpg

The Jangs must be happy that the Glitch next door doesn't threaten them with freezing.

iP3Eaoc.jpg

2nd World's sim Omega apparently needed a drink.

tKiE6we.jpg

Del a Torre was out with Amy.

"And then she calls me a 'bore'! can you believe such a thing?"

"Torre...I came here with you to discuss a new culinary club, not to talk about how Alice Miruchi dumped you."

00ArQjF.jpg

Sakura was gone to the washroom when the food arrived.

ImCieUF.jpg

"Ooo! This BLT looks really fresh," Emma commented.

"Yeah," said Peter. "Julia showed me that this place uses locally grown food in their dishes."

cVifmsR.jpg

Sakura finally returned, taking a sip of water.

"Mmmph...Tastes a bit more...minerally...than the water in Newcrest."

xMnVKKL.jpg

Sakura was more impressed with the food though.

"MMph!! This veggie burger is amazing!!"

5Q39spw.jpg

The waiter and the bartender are married apparently so the waiter quietly snuck up to kiss her.

Q0umcjn.jpg

"Ahh...That was great! Thanks for taking my suggestion, Pops!" said Julia.

"I'm glad we took it too," said Peter. "Maybe we'll come back here after our vacation."

"Speaking of vacation though," said Sakura. "It's getting late. I'll call the taxi and we can get going after I pay the bill."

LipiU0t.jpg

"Sir, tell the chef that we're giving everyone a big tip for tonight's meal. That was amazing!" said Peter.

"I'll be sure to relay the message!" said the waiter. "Thank you."

0gIfYNG.jpg

After paying the bill, the taxi honked, ready to take everyone to the summer home.

A7NCehq.jpg

"Hey, Miss Landgraab. Kinda sad your husband needs a pick-me-up for the night."

"Can it, short-man. I bought it for him. I'll call you later."
    Next post, the Williams' family settles into the summer home.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After a good meal at the restaurant, The William's family made their way to the summer home they were renting. While Julia and Emma went to bed, Sakura went off to the hottub to soak and relax, Peter eventually coming out to join him.

HBZNeP1.jpg

Sakura sighed happily.

"You're missing out, Peter. This hottub is amazing!"

"Oh don't worry," said Peter. "I'm coming."

ONHB2nX.jpg

"Phew! Maybe you shouldn't get in. It'll get way too hot."

"Oh really?"

gzpy1GT.jpg

Just then, Peter jumped into the hottub...sans clothing.

8nzPXhT.jpg

"Oh plum...Yeah that may have turned things up."

"And yet you're still over there," chuckled Peter. "How about coming over here?"

C6dUGEw.jpg

Peter raised a brow.

"That was quick."

vkQXyhy.jpg

"Well I can go back if you want," Sakura laughed.

"Yeess..." said Peter. "But then I wouldn't have you next to me. Guess I'll have to..."

lo4nW0Y.jpg

"Hold onto you."

p0z73zr.jpg

Sakura blushed, glancing down.

"Heh. Well I mean it was already a couple years ago I asked you to marry me, so. You already have me."

Peter smiled.

"That's true."

The two then simply remained there for a moment, Peter noticing Sakura was drifting asleep.

"Hmm...Looks like someone is ready for bed."

"Mnm...I can...hah...stay up."

oVKpk6n.jpg

"How about a massage before bed though?" asked Peter.

Sakura looked over with a lulled smile.

"Mmph...Sure..."

GtFLxNh.jpg

Peter moved his fingers over Sakura's shoulder muscles, Sakura letting out a relaxed sigh.

"Mmmph...I know we're here to find my sister...but I think we've needed this vacation for a...hah...long time."

"I know, love. But we can treat as a vacation too. Nothing to be afraid of, nothing to worry about. Just the four of us, and here, just the two of us," said Peter before finishing. "Now c'mon, Sakura. Let's head to bed."

Rz0OhqW.jpg

And after a final soak in the tub, the two headed off to bed, warm and lulled to sleep.
    Next post, Julia and Emma have a heart to heart.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Even if not by blood, a Grandmother is a grandmother.

AIWCjgQ.jpg

Emma woke up around 3:30am, fully rested but needing a bath. Wanting to treat herself, she went with some lavender bubble bath.

2Oog8GK.jpg

After her soak, Emma went out onto the patio, lighting the firepit.

2r0grck.jpg

As Emma roasted a marshmallow, Julia woke up and came to join her on the patio.

lmutV8z.jpg

Julia tossed a log onto the dying embers.

"Thank you, dear. I usually prefer a nice toasted marshmallow, which you can't get on coals."

0oM7Qwz.jpg

"Hey, Gramma, can we talk?" asked Julia.

NJCet5t.jpg

"Sure, dear," smiled Emma. "What did you want to talk about?"

nqmHC2m.jpg

"Well...I was thinking...Am I weird?" asked Julia.

"Weird how?" asked Emma.

"Like...How I collect rocks and...umm...come up with ideas like the drag protest. I now a lot of people like me for that, but there are still other students and people that...you know..."

"Deary, you're no weirder than your Pops was when he was your age. And I have no doubt your Dad would say the same thing about himself," said Emma. "In fact your Pop Peter one time hosted a protest against their principal's dress code by wearing a bra. You see the principal at the time wasn't allowing tank tops because they "revealed straps which would distract the males in the class," to which your father said that "and yet on a hot day, you are saying the heat will be less distracting?" so the next day, he wore nothing but his pants, shoes and a bra. While it did get him suspended for a day, everyone in the school aside from the principal cheered him on."

TRwFXZ6.jpg

"Really?" said Claire. "I didn't think Pops would be really into protesting like that."

"Well, not so much nowadays, but doesn't oppose it. He's more into writing strongly worded letters or sending very heated phone calls," chuckled Emma.

W5Hqsd1.jpg

Just then, the door to Peter and Sakura's room opened, Julia standing up.

"Oh! Hey Dad. We were just...everything okay?" asked Julia, noticing the frown upon Sakura's face.

T1Tv80C.jpg

Sakura sat down, stretching.

"Ughh...that bed isn't as comfortable as I thought."

Julia and Emma giggled to each other.

"You and Pops weren't...were ya?" asked Julia.

"Very funny. No. Oww...My back."

WRWQtP0.jpg

"Luckily for you," said Emma to Sakura, "It looks like someone that can help you with that just woke up."

5d9gpVl.jpg

"What are talking about, Mom?" asked Peter.

"Dad's back is sore," said Julia.

"Oh really," said Peter, going over to Sakura.

4FzGAqC.jpg

"C'mon you," said Peter. "Let me take those knots out. How did you even hurt your back?"

"That bed," explained Sakura. "It's not exactly soft."

"Ooooh..." said Peter. "Well I can help massage that soreness out."

zDyyFLR.jpg

"That better?" asked Peter, Sakura smiling contently.

"Mmmph...Yeah. Thanks, love."

XBPIwns.jpg

"How about we get some food and then hit up the town, hm?" suggested Peter.

Sakura nodded, groaning almost like a cat purr.

JpZKuow.jpg

Julia smiled to herself. Being "weird" was relative and even if some people thought she was 'weird', she still had family that supported her.
    Next post, breakfast and then out into Brindleton Bay.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After waking up early, the Williams' family decided to prepare a good breakfast.

YIM6You.jpg

"Julia, how about helping me set the table?" asked Emma, Julia having turned on the stereo.

"Aw, Gramma. Maybe at supper? I'm listening to this new rock single that The Heartrobbers put out."

YIM6You.jpg

Sakura and Peter, meanwhile were in the kitchen.

"Mmmph...Smells good," said Sakura. "Kind of reminds me of the first meal you cooked when we first started dating, minus the burnt parts."

"If I remember," said Peter, "You were the one that said 'I like my bacon crispy'."

SRzoiGR.jpg

Sakura laughed.

"Yeah, but I didn't say as a sacrifice."

7JjeRoj.jpg

After setting the table, Emma went over to the stereo.

"Now how about letting your grandmother try to dance to this "Swing Left, Swing Right," song, huh?"

"Umm...Gramma? I know Nan used to be a dancer, but I don't know if you'd be able to..."

"Hush, Julia sweetheart. Gramma has just as much groove as your Nan Alice."

RnrZ4ej.jpg

Julia chuckled to herself as Emma danced.

"Something tells me, Gramma, you learned your dancing from the school dances."

DcmaW96.jpg

Breakfast was soon ready, Emma calling Julia and Sakura over.

"I was coming over already, Emma. No need to shout," said Sakura.

mFGOMbh.jpg

As everyone sat down to eat, Julia struck up a conversation with her Dad.

"So, what's the plan for finding your sister? And can we go to Deadgrass Isle sometime before we leave? I really want to see the museum."

Oulgs03.jpg

"I'm sure we can get to Deadgrass sometime during this vacation," Sakura chuckled. "As for finding Ashley LaCroix, I'm thinking more of just asking around."

0Nyzhfy.jpg

"Dad, this isn't just some person you're looking for, it's possibly your sister!" exclaimed Julia. "If I found out my Mom had siblings I didn't know about, I'd be more excited than just 'asking around'."

"I know, I know," Sakura smiled. "But I'll be more excited once I know we're siblings."

Peter laughed, "If your father was 100% sure Ashley LaCroix was his sister, he probably would have brought posters and leaflets."

"Very funny, Peter."

HDAe6kk.jpg

As Peter continued clean-up, Sakura returned to Julia.

"I am excited, don't worry. To think you may have an aunt that we could both meet is like realizing that Santa Claus is real or finding out you won a prize. I can't wait to go out there and try to find her!"

Sd94diY.jpg

"Well, we are finished breakfast," said Emma. "Let's get going!"
    Next post, The Williams' family heads out to Brindleton Bay.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

To Brindleton Bay!

U5WiGLD.jpg

The Williams' family first met up at the library, Sakura thinking it might help finding addresses and because, well, Peter the Bookworm.

dQYPhPz.jpg

Peter started rallying off instructions

"Okay. Don't stray too far from town and we meet back here around 3pm. If someone is missing, I'll call. If..."

"Pops," said Julia. "I think I get the idea. Meet back here at 3pm."

"I wasn't finished, Julia," continued Peter.

"We'll get the police," said Sakura. "C'mon Peter. We'll all be fine."

sUHZmiC].jpg

Sakura went onto the computer, entering the local chat to see if anyone knew Ashley LaCroix.

Strawberry15: So no one knows?

BobWasHere23 Sorry, man. Never even heard of her.

Christmas24: Sounds like a lovely lady I'm sure.

CCReborn151: I could check around, but I don't usually handle homes, just the CAS parts.

BobWasHere23: Private: How's the vacation?

Strawberry15: Private: Good. Bed is a lil lumpy, but Peter's around to massage my back...lol

BobWasHere23 Private: Just massage, eh? Eh?

Strawberry15: Private: Brody!

gKLr6YQ.jpg

How to know a bookworm: They try to merge their book with the keyboard.

n3FWTOH.jpg

"Any luck, Dad?" asked Julia after losing another game.

"Nothing yet..." said Sakura, pausing for a moment. "Tell Pops I'm gone for a walk."

Julia smiled, saying, "Sure, Dad."

okuqg2s.jpg

Sakura then outside by the docks, stopping at the remains of an old one.

"Wow. Wonder what happened here."

CsDLC1j.jpg

Author's note: Where I live, you find these kinds of remains from time to time, caused either by weather or just the passage of time, wood rotting away, falling into the sea to join shipwrecks and even floated over houses that didn't make it to the mainland.

FFsYgwQ.jpg

As Sakura went around town, he started taking more of the sights in.

dTThyIj.jpg

"Wow! This statue is over 100 years old!!"

6gQvSNe.jpg

Mayor Whiskers out and about.

X7pCgfK.jpg

Just as Sakura left the statue, he ran into a stray cat.

"Wha! Woah! Umm...Nice kitty..."

2KOvioA.jpg

"Heh. Wonder what Peter would say if I took a cat like you home," Sakura chuckled as the cat sniffed his hand.

ZZF9Q9Y.jpg

Not like you wouldn't have a choice, Sakura.

I2m6T1H.jpg

Just then, Sakura got a call from Peter to meet him at the local bar by the docks, soon heading off.
    Next post, Sakura gets a lead on finding Ashley LaCroix
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After getting a call from Peter, Sakura made his way to the local bar.

pghwLKI.jpg

"So," said Sakura. "I'll meet you inside for a drink and dance? I want to see what's for sale at the fish stalls."

Peter chuckled.

"Yup. I'll see you inside."

bwmijmt.jpg

Sure, it's because of the game, but I like to think Skye was told to go here by her boss or something.

zPf9nqF.jpg

Peter went into the bar, ordering a drink while he waited for Sakura.

Qw02W0c.jpg

Meanwhile, Sakura met up with Skye.

"What are you doing all the way out here?"

n1TH1iz.jpg

"The boss wanted to expand his business," said Skye. "He wanted to see what it would be like here in Brindleton Bay so he paid for me and babe to work here for a few weeks."

"So Travis is here too?" asked Sakura.

"Oh yeah. He's working another stall. If you wanna talk to him, knowing Pookie, he probably got the stall closed up."

Sakura paused for a moment.

"Umm...Maybe..."

SzyFmCZ.jpg

"Now if you excuse me," said Skye, "I gotta get back to selling this fish. Trout! Salmon! Come and get it!"

qsrT4de.jpg

Much like Skye had said, Travis was just outside his stall, breathing in the sea air.

"Ah...reminds me of those trips on the yacht."

Kx9VL8u.jpg

"Ah...Hey, Travis," said Sakura carefully as he came over. Although the two were on better terms, Sakura still kept most conversation between the two small. "Skye said you two are here testing out new business, huh?"

Travis nodded.

17PYoXD.jpg

"Boss said we were his two best workers around," Hawthorne gloated. "So we lucked out on a free vacation of sorts. Just have to work these food stalls. And what brings a shrimp like you here then? Another honeymoon?"

D64auOR.jpg

"Sort of," said Sakura. "I'm also looking for my biological sister...well...possibly."

"Oh yeah right," said Hawthorne. "You were adopted. Heh...I'd make a joke about you being unwanted, but you know...there's something about this place. Maybe the air reminds me of being with the folks. Heh...I wish you luck in finding her."

"Thanks Travis. Umm...I hope you get back with your family someday too."

"Meh...I'm doing okay. I got a girl, an apartment, a job. More than what you got. All I'm missing is a kid, but we're in no rush on those."

"Yeah. See ya..."

Uh9UjJe.jpg

In the bar, Peter was breakin' down by the jukebox.

qRWOFTI.jpg

Upon seeing Sakura though, he went over to kiss him.

"Mmmph...Gotta love that salt sea air on you. You get a drink and I'll be there in a minute."

aKBeEFS.jpg

Sakura went over to the bar.

"One please."

lujnQw6.jpg

As Sakura sat, he decided to ask about his sister.

"You...umm...don't happen to know an Ashley LaCroix do you? Like has she ever come in here or...?"

uryeDRk.jpg

"I've heard of her," said a sim next to him (That sim being the original Glitch's next door neighbour out for a visit) as she overheard his question. "I think she's friends with Brent and Brant."

"Who?" asked Sakura.

"Brent and Brant Hecking. Cute couple. They're like you and the redhead of yours, if you know what I mean."

Ht3Y0vW.jpg

"Are you sure they know her?"

"Well, I've heard them mention that name. Says she's a nice lady and took care of their dog one time."

"Please, do...do you know where they live?"

jvA0fsi.jpg

After chatting with the lady, Sakura went back to Peter.

"I'm gonna have to go," said Sakura.

"Aw, what's wrong?" asked Peter.

"Nothing, nothing," said Sakura. "I just may have a lead on where my sister is."

"Oh?"

lSmTcTW.jpg

"Someone said that this couple named Brent and Brant may know her. So I'm going over to their house to see if they know where she might live. It's getting late so would you mind meeting up with Julia and your mom and telling them I'll be back at the rental place in a few hours?"

"Well...Sure," said Peter. "If something happens, just call."

"Thanks."

gNXygti.jpg

Peter then embraced the cherry blossom.

"I hope you find her," he whispered. "Having a sibling, even when you're so much older it...it can sometimes fill a void. Be safe, okay?"

"I will," said Sakura. "Thanks Peter."
    Next post, Brent and Brant aren't home, thus leading Sakura down the road to a neighbour's house to ask about Ashley.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Now with some clue about Ashley, Sakura ran off to the address of Brent and Brant.

tWj3o9K.jpg

"Phew! What a house!" said Sakura, looking at the size of the place.

pYB2h2z.jpg

Sakura knocked on the door, waiting before hearing not even the bark of a dog.

"Dang...They must be gone out. Well if they know this 'Ashley', maybe some of the neighbours know too."

adr8mLw.jpg

After looking around, Sakura eventually found someone home.

ieYWJR0.jpg

From the looks of it, it was a mom with her young child.

RLu1OMP.jpg

Just as Sakura walked over, the woman noticed him.

"Hold on, Pixie. Looks like we have a visitor."

KWodQBt.jpg

"Excuse me, ma'am," said Sakura. "Sorry to interrupt you, but I was wondering if you could help me."

"Maybe," said the lady. "Do you need directions somewhere? I'm afraid I'm not that knowledgeable about the town."

"No, no," said Sakura. "I'm actually looking for someone. Do you know an Ashley LaCroix?"

kUKRBwQ.jpg

"Where did you hear that name?" the woman suddenly exclaimed as she bolted up from the ground. "Who are you? Who sent you?"

lwb7EGK.jpg

"Sent me?" Sakura said, raising an eyebrow. "N...No one. I'm just looking Ashley LaCroix."

"If you're looking for her, then you must have a reason. Was it money? Did he send you here?" the woman continued to interrogate Sakura.

LLLvGgl.jpg

"Ma'am unless the 'he' you're referring to was Tobias, I don't know who you're talking about," said Sakura. "I'm just looking for my sister!"

2ZbKgST.jpg

The woman paused.

"Your...sister?"

jRWblCf.jpg

"Yes," said Sakura. "A friend of my adoptive father named Tobias thinks he found my birth mother after her daughter was trying to find her brother. He said he thought it was me because all the dates and everything matched up so I came here to find her. I'm not looking for money or anything I...I just want to find Ashley because...because she's a part of my family I never knew I had..."

"Oh..." said the woman. "I...I know her...Do...Do you have pictures of her mother?"

eORIEbm.jpg

Sakura showed the pictures on his phone.

"I took these so I didn't lose the originals. I wanted to return them to her."

"That is her..." said the lady, almost in a trace before looking up.

c4ZSEts.jpg

Just then, her face brightened as she looked at Sakura.

"You must be Sakura then...the one Tobias123 told me about...It...It is you!!"

isl57V9.jpg

"Then you must be..." Sakura said with surprise, the woman now overjoyed.

"Yes! Yes! I'm Ashley! I'm your younger sister! Oh plum I can't believe I finally found you!!"

DtI4ind.jpg

Ashley then flung her arms around Sakura.

"Ever since Mom passed away, I wanted to find you!" said Ashley. "She said I had an older brother but didn't know where you would have ended up to!"

baCyKpc.jpg

"I...honestly don't know what to say," said Sakura, tears of joy beading at the corners of his eyes. "I...I didn't even think I would have any other siblings but then I...I heard about you and...and everyone told me to try and find you so. I've even had my doubts that maybe we were related but...but something just tells me that...that it's all true!"

Lj4ZGDN.jpg

Ashley's daughter, Pixie, soon strolled up to them, Ashley picking the toddler up.

"Do you have time to stay for a bit?" asked Ashley. "I can offer you some tea."

"I love tea," said Sakura. "And for a little while. I have to get back to my family later on."

"Of course," said Ashley, walking up to the house. "Come on in."
    Next post, Sakura and Ashley talk about their mother.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Finally, Sakura had found his long lost sister, Ashley, albeit with a strange introduction. Still, once everything had cleared up, the latter invited her brother in for tea.

CErdURU.jpg

"Okay, Pixie," said Ashley. "You go play while I talk with Sakura, okay?"

"Otay," the toddler babbled.

cHm5jaQ.jpg

"It's a nice little home you have here," commented Sakura. "Did it used to belong to Mom?"

"If only," said Ashley. "It's just a rental home until I find another place for Pixie and me to live."

Sakura paused in thought as Ashley moved over into the kitchen.

w4lDatE.jpg

"How do you like your tea?" asked Ashley.

"Oh," said Sakura. "Earl Grey, hot."

Ashley chuckled.

"Guess we have another thing in common then. It used to be Mom's favourite too."

8yLMj2R.jpg

Ashley then poured up tea for herself and Sakura.

"Sorry I don't have any biscuits to offer."

"That's fine," said Sakura. "I need to watch what I eat anyways."

1ytJzbm.jpg

"So..." Sakura said hesitantly. "Why were you so...defensive? Anxious?...Something like that...When we first met?"

xU3tIaA.jpg

Ashley laughed a little, putting down her cup.

"Yeah, sorry about that. You see, it's because of my ex-husband. Ever since our divorce, he's been trying to get what he calls "the family fortune," when I kept telling him that the only "fortune" that the LaCroix family ever had was taken by Dad when he and Mom divorced themselves, mainly because it was all his inheritance. You'd think he'd get the hint after visiting the last place I moved to. Rentals may be cheaper than owning a house, but not by much."

vHxGhOR.jpg

"Speaking of Dad," said Sakura. "Was your Dad the same as mine?"

"How so?" asked Ashley.

"As in...Do we also have the same father?"

Ashley shook her head, continuing to explain.

"No, sadly. Mom did tell me about him though, your Dad. He was a painter in Parisian, although not a well-known one. They were about my age and the two had a one night fling and...well...at the time neither of them had enough money to take care of you. Mom was hopping from hostel to hostel, trying to find work, and your Dad was struggling to sell his art."

vI60FDZ.jpg

"So that's why I was put up for adoption," Sakura reflected. "Did she...ever regret it?"

"I don't think she regretted putting you up for adoption, because she told me that she knew you'd probably find a better family, but she always had regrets not trying to find you nor telling me before she passed away. I think she just didn't want me going after a whim. Either that or not wanting my Dad to find out that she had a child with another man."

"Sounds rough."

"Yeah. When my Dad found out that she did, it was after she had passed away and he did not like that at all. I don't really speak to him much now anyways, hence why I'm here and not in an actual house. The damsin!"

Dyx6RLj.jpg

"Did Mom ever say what name she would have called me?" asked Sakura.

"She did, actually," said Ashley. "She was going to either call you "Roche" or "Raphael". If I remember, "Roche" means "Rock" which would be ironic since, if I remember what your name means now, it's actually the complete opposite."

"Yeah," Sakura laughed lightly. "My name means "Cherry Blossom" in its native language. My adoptive Mom called me that."

"So what about you?" asked Ashley. "What are your parents like?"

"Well," said Sakura. "Dad passed away before I went to college, but Mom is still alive and kicking. She lives on her own in our old family home."

hVrf97v.jpg

Ashley soon stood to wash the dishes.

"Must be nice to actually have a place to rest your head," she said. "This is the...third place?...Yeah third...I've been in in the past year or so. Not just trying to get away from the ex-husband, but also just finding something affordable."

"Well it's a quaint spot," commented Sakura.

tz2hF5n.jpg

Sakura then stood, putting the pictures of their Mother on the wall.

"I said I wanted to return them to you."

"Thanks," said Ashley, continuing to wash up. "I don't know her exact reaction to us meeting, but I like to think that she'd be happy."

A8V7c1F.jpg

Ashley then say on the couch, watching TV as Sakura continued to stare quietly out the window.

"I wonder..." he started to speak. "What was Mom..."

"Daddaaa!" Pixie suddenly called, interrupting the both Sakura's thoughts and Ashley's talk show.

8Grzns7.jpg

Sakura picked Pixie up and placed her on the couch.

"Heh. I am a "Dadda," but my child is a teenager now."

"She calls any guy I bring in here "Dadda," since the ex left," Ashley explained. "What do you want, Pixie-Sweets?"

7RkcMDb.jpg

"Uppa! Uppa!" Pixie called out, Ashley chuckling.

"Okay, okay. Mommy will lift you up."

wMeWDXY.jpg

Sakura was back in thought as Ashley took up the toddler.

"Now where did you want to go?"

"Derra! Derra!" Pixie pointed.

NSWXfMU.jpg

Ashley then moved around the couch, placing her daughter down.

"You are the oddest child sometimes."

iGnUUz9.jpg

"Hey!" Sakura said suddenly. "I just had an idea. How about you and Pixie come to supper with me? You'd get to meet more of my family, including my daughter."

"Sounds great!" said Ashley. "Would beat anything I was going to cook."

"Awesome," said Sakura, soon calling Peter to suggest cancelling the tacos and upgrading the meal to a full turkey.
    Next post, Sakura finds out something about his biological mother that breaks his heart.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Unless your guts tells you 'no,' rarely should you turn down a free meal.

iZriJMu.jpg

Although she had been invited, Ashley didn't feel 'right,' as she put it, not helping out with something. So while Sakura watched Pixie, Ashley helped set the table.

uswlK4j.jpg

"Mom, why do you have me making the salad?"

"Because Emma's Famous Turkey takes a high level of skill and finesse to make properly. That and last time I tried to teach you, you cooked it with the breast up."

"But that's how it's done in other recipes!"

"Not mine. Now get back to that salad."

R1PnvoP.jpg

While everyone else was working on the meal though, Sakura was teaching words to Pixie with flashcards.

"See? Say "Bed"."

"Bwead!"

"Ah...no, no. Bed. Bread is what you eat."

"Bwead!"

"Oh boy..."

EKmEOIj.jpg

Finally, Emma's Famous Turkey was finished.

RbFUPlN.jpg

As the food was brought out to the table, Emma noticed Ashley had grabbed some food from the fridge.

"If you had mentioned you were hungry before, I could have gotten you some yogurt or something," said Emma.

J7vR5X7.jpg

"Mmph! Sorry, Miss Williams. I just haven't had a good meal in a while. When you're a mother, most of the eating is 'on the go' and you always make sure your kid has the best meals."

Emma chuckled.

"Once in a while, yes, although it must be harder for you, being on your own and all."

wiHPJ7R.jpg

As everyone else went for food, Pixie apparently didn't want the high chair, instead grabbing a plate and sitting herself down on a couch.

iWaAQVY.jpg

Well...almost everyone else.

"How's the ice cream coming along, Julia?"

"It's fine Pops...." said Julia before grumbling to herself. "Next time, I'm making mint chip..."

uZGrwFF.jpg

Eventually, the ice cream was finished, Sakura grabbing a bowlful after Emma got up to wash her dishes.

pxxQviJ.jpg

"Yeowowowowowow!"

"Heh. I see the ice cream headache runs in the family too."

"Ow...Hush, Ashley."

I0LNIwm.jpg

"Speaking of families though," said Ashley. "I gotta say, Sakura, yours is rather unique."

"Thanks Ashley," smiled Sakura.

"Yeah. I mean being married to a guy and adopting a kid of your own? It's so...progressive. I don't even think Mom would have accepted such a thing. I mean it's not something exactly 'typical' even today."

ISD4rgX.jpg

"What do you mean by that? We're 'typical' as you can get," said Julia.

Peter noticed that Sakura's demeanor had suddenly changed from "confident" to rather upset.

"Hm? Well...I mean...At least back at home, you didn't see families like yours every day."

2APWWOR.jpg

Julia was getting enraged, moving over to sit next to her aunt.

"Dad loved who he wanted," she snapped. "At least he and Pops are still married!"

"Umm...Julia..." Sakura said smallish, Ashley waving him aside.

"It's okay, Sakura," said Ashley. "I guess I just worded things wrong."

Sakura simply nodded.

"I...I gotta go for a sec..."

62WOZRy.jpg

"Now," said Ashley. "There's nothing wrong with you guys. It's just...something different. Not everyone would accept such a family."

"Yeah and apparently no one wanted to accept a durian plum peach like you!!" Julia roared. "You can't go spatting off about us being atypical when you don't even have a spouse. It's just you and your kid! How would you like it if you had to put Pixie up for adoption, huh? HUH!?"

Emma watched the conversation.

frTCaFS.jpg

The grandmother soon say down.

"Julia, dear. I think you have some steam to blow off. Maybe let Gramma talk with your aunt while you take a bubble bath, okay?"

Julia rolled her eyes.

"Whatever..."

2MxJWEE.jpg

Fuming, Julia still did as she was told.

Io1lBT9.jpg

While washing up, Peter could hear the faint sound of the closet door in his and Sakura's room. Having noticed Sakura's face at supper, he knew what was going on.

lHcVb1k.jpg

"Sakura, c'mon. I thought we were going to use the closet for making out, not crying out..."

"Not...Not funny, Peter..."

XHs1p9p.jpg

Back at the table, Emma was explaining everything that Sakura and Peter had gone through.

"I know you were just meaning to say that it's not everyday you see such a family," said Emma, "But the boys have been through alot and even now, Sakura's confidence isn't always the best, especially saying that his biological mother may not have accepted him for what he is."

"Ah fudge..." Ashley said, trying not to cry. "And now he probably thinks I hate him too. But I don't!"

t618doq.jpg

"I'm sure she doesn't think like that, Sakura," said Peter. "She just...worded things wrong."

"She could have just said that she had never...never...seen something like our family before or...or just stopped before saying about...about Mom...I mean...It feels...It feels like she would have gotten rid of me if she found out I was into men! I...I can't help it I...I was born like this!"

"Yeah well..." Peter thought for a moment. "Dana Lacroix wasn't your mother... as in she wasn't the one that raised you. Your Mom did. Alice, remember?"

"Of course I remember my own mother, Peter. That's not the point..."

"But it is though. Long ago, Satoshi and Alice Miruchi found a baby that needed a family. They became your parents and you became their son. They accepted you for who you are. Dana only gave birth to you and we may never know what she would actually think, not even your sister. Maybe you two should just talk about it? You don't want to lose a sibling, believe me."

ITSansF.jpg

The door to the closet peeked open, Sakura quietly looking with rheumy eyes.

"There's my Sakura," Peter smiled. "You ready to come out?"

"I think I did that long ago," Sakura sniffled with a chuckle. "Remember? The first time we went through this..."

"Heh. And here I was expecting another kind of joke."

VU3FSR6.jpg

"Thanks for speaking with me, Miss Williams," said Ashley. "I gotta talk to my brother. Set things right."

yBihsSu.jpg

Just as Ashley head out though, Sakura came in, moving into the kitchen and burying his face.

"Ashley, I...I..."

"It's okay, Sakura," said Ashley, looking around. "Let's go sit over there and chat."

fNWJwZA.jpg

Meanwhile, Pixie had wandered into Peter's and Sakura's room, Peter distracting her with a story.

"So then Goldilocks left that too hot planet and went to another star system, only to find the next habitable planet to be too cold. She compared to living up in Canuck, except without any summer..."

JELmUAN.jpg

Back on the couch, Ashley and Sakura were talking about the conversation over supper.

"I am so sorry, Sakura. I feel like such a peach. Sometimes I just...I just don't know when to stop talking..."

"Yeah I...I kind of got that, especially when you mentioned our Mom..."

SAc5j6w.jpg

Ashley smacked her head.

"And it's damsin stuff like that that makes me surprised that my ex didn't leave me sooner! I should have just said you had a nice family, not blabbing on about it being 'progressive' or not being 'typical' or the like. There's nothing wrong with you guys."

2bTwV2o.jpg

"I just...I just want to know though...If Mom did find out after all these years that I was into guys...Would she have accepted me?"

Ashley sighed.

"I...I think you may want to stand up for that one..."

i8vn7Dx.jpg

The two stood, Ashley trying to be careful with her words.

"Mom she...she was more accepting than Dad when it came to things...like when I said I was dating an older man. But the two of them...they...they were both adamant that had I...I had been into girls...they would have outright disowned me..."

"And probably would have been the same with me. So you're saying while Mom would have been happy with our meeting, she probably wouldn't have wanted to meet me..." said Sakura, his heart sinking as he sniffled.

EZtb4dM.jpg

Ashley held her brother by the shoulders.

"I'm only going by my own experience. If she could see your family here, maybe things would be different. And besides. That would have been mom. While she may not have accepted you for who you are, I do."

8ahw5SJ.jpg

Sakura looked up, giving a light smile.

"That...That actually makes me feel a bit better..."

"And if it makes you feel any better, I would have told Mom that too. She could have said anything but it wouldn't have mattered. You're my brother, no matter who you're married to."

8mu2oAG.jpg

Sakura sniffled, this time with happy tears as he embraced his sister.

"Thanks, Ashley. I..I'm happy I met you."

"I am too, Sakura. I am too."
    Next time, Sakura gets an idea to help his sister with her housing problem, and it's then time to return home.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After Ashley comforted her brother, she and her daughter soon left. With Julia and Emma then going to bed, Sakura and Peter were the only ones left awake in the house.

JdwtvZu.jpg

Sakura gave a warm gaze to Peter, stroking his cheek.

"After everything today, I'm happy we're alone. So, what did you want to do tonight?"

6PmAyYu.jpg

"Before we do anything, we need to clean this place," said Peter. "The table at least needs to be washed down and the food put away."

Sakura raised a brow.

"Peter you're...um...kind of killing the mood here..."

yq64gJO.jpg

"I just feel that it would make things easier if we didn't have to deal with a smelly gross mess in the morning," said Peter.

Sakura sighed.

"I'd harp on about you ruining a passionate moment...but mentioning old food just irked my stomach. Fine. let's get this over with."

ky9QAkC.jpg

The two then cleaned up, Sakura putting away the leftovers and Peter loading the dishwasher.

sfh09FZ.jpg

"Now then..." said Peter with a smirk as he walked back from washing down the table.

YLu2GjT.jpg

"I do hope you can forgive me for possibly slaying your mood there, but I again decree that a clean kitchen makes things feel better."

Peter then kissed Sakura's hand, Sakura's cheeks flushing.

"Y...Yeah...Phew! The last time you spoke like that was when we got engaged..."

xXskWx1.jpg

"Shall we...retire? To our chambers then?" asked Peter, Sakura giving a small chuckle.

"I think I understand what you mean," he smiled. "Let's go."

j3fvImX.jpg

What? You knew this was going to happen at some point. Two lovers. A long needed vacation. Only way I could have added to this scene was if I had some cheesy love music playing and some rose petals.

TAaY9rr.jpg

They added their own hearts though, so I guess I don't have to worry about that. :P

dfdLSKv.jpg

And thus, after a well-deserved session of passion, Peter and Sakura fell asleep.
    Next post, we conclude the story.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After Ashley comforted her brother, she and her daughter soon left. With Julia and Emma then going to bed, Sakura and Peter were the only ones left awake in the house.

JdwtvZu.jpg

Sakura gave a warm gaze to Peter, stroking his cheek.

"After everything today, I'm happy we're alone. So, what did you want to do tonight?"

6PmAyYu.jpg

"Before we do anything, we need to clean this place," said Peter. "The table at least needs to be washed down and the food put away."

Sakura raised a brow.

"Peter you're...um...kind of killing the mood here..."

yq64gJO.jpg

"I just feel that it would make things easier if we didn't have to deal with a smelly gross mess in the morning," said Peter.

Sakura sighed.

"I'd harp on about you ruining a passionate moment...but mentioning old food just irked my stomach. Fine. let's get this over with."

ky9QAkC.jpg

The two then cleaned up, Sakura putting away the leftovers and Peter loading the dishwasher.

sfh09FZ.jpg

"Now then..." said Peter with a smirk as he walked back from washing down the table.

YLu2GjT.jpg

"I do hope you can forgive me for possibly slaying your mood there, but I again decree that a clean kitchen makes things feel better."

Peter then kissed Sakura's hand, Sakura's cheeks flushing.

"Y...Yeah...Phew! The last time you spoke like that was when we got engaged..."

xXskWx1.jpg

"Shall we...retire? To our chambers then?" asked Peter, Sakura giving a small chuckle.

"I think I understand what you mean," he smiled. "Let's go."

j3fvImX.jpg

What? You knew this was going to happen at some point. Two lovers. A long needed vacation. Only way I could have added to this scene was if I had some cheesy love music playing and some rose petals.

TAaY9rr.jpg

They added their own hearts though, so I guess I don't have to worry about that. :P

dfdLSKv.jpg

And thus, after a well-deserved session of passion, Peter and Sakura fell asleep.
    Next post, we conclude the story.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

A couple days past before it was soon time to finish up their vacation. Feeling a bit ambitious, Julia decided to make breakfast.

FgZY5oL.jpg

"Whoops!"

FvnyijL.jpg

"I'm sure they won't mind a little extra pepper..."

Lrd9kEf.jpg

After adding a bit more spice than accounted for, Julia went about making eggs and bacon.

qrCeFUL.jpg

I sent Sakura off to shower because apparently, which I didn't know, former vampires can get a moodlet about old bones or something like that.

genrFUx.jpg

Peter, on the other hand, was snoozing the morning away.

x8Oqo1d.jpg

Soon, breakfast was ready.

"Gramma! Dad! Pops! I made food!"

9rG6KVP.jpg

Sakura returned from his shower, still a bit tense.

"What's wrong, Sakura?" asked Emma. "You look like someone placed ice down your shirt."

"I...had a bad dream, that's all. I'll be fine after breakfast."

K3xFmvz.jpg

"So Dad," said Julia as she sat down next to Sakura. "You said you're gonna visit Aunt Ashley before we leave."

"Mhm," Sakura nodded.

nLj9WqM.jpg

"And are you gonna tell her what you told us?"

"Of course. I already talked to your Nan, too and it should all be okay. Hopefully no more living in rentals for your aunt."

qUEZNln.jpg

Indeed, Sakura went to see his sister at her rental place, moving boxes decorating the front lawn.

ZPkVm5x.jpg

"That was quick," Sakura commented, Ashley giving a low chuckle.

"We're pretty used to it by now," said Ashley. "Just wasn't expecting the house to be condemned though. I didn't think it was that bad but I guess finding a mess of dead rodents might condemn a place."

"Gross. So what are your plans now?"

"Maybe stay with Brent and Brant for a few days while I check out some more rental places in town. If not, I guess me and Pixie will have to move away."

Pfmg3wx.jpg

"Well," proposed Sakura, "If you don't mind moving, I know a place you can live, for free."

"For free?"

"Yeah. Only catch is helping to clean the place and you would have to share the place with a roommate."

"And who would that be?"

lFOuuQc.jpg

Someone that will be also sharing the toys with her unofficial granddaughter.

N7juOCx.jpg

"Aw...You loving dolly?"

"Do-li!"

XbHxr5P.jpg

Ashley entered the room to talk with Alice.

"Thank you so much for taking us in."

"No trouble at all. It's nice having people in this big ol' house again."

qdHGf1g.jpg

"Believe me, Alice, if it wasn't for you, me and Pixie would probably be stuck bouncing from rental to rental. I owe you so much!"

GSDz6h0.jpg

"Well, aside from the housework you already do around here, you can do one more thing, once you hear back from that job you applied for."

"What's that?" asked Ashley.

"Pixie needs some more toys. She and Gramamama get bored easily."

"Oh Alice..."

KheVtVu.jpg

Alice wasn't the only one with a new member to the household. The Williams family gained a new family member while sailing back to Newcrest.

"Aw...Aren't you adorable..." Sakura said in a cooing tone, cuddling the cat in his arms.

PfgAejT.jpg

"See, Dad? Aren't you happy we found Milo?"

"Yeah, I am. And he's probably happy too. Poor thing shivering on deck. Don't worry buddy. Just stay away from my art studio and you'll be fine. I don't want to try giving you a bath."

vS4T8ZV.jpg

And Julia's protest had even worked out, the young teen being able to enjoy seeing her boyfriend, Kyle enjoy his weekend hobby as Darling Diva doing Disco.

fhPxVDr.jpg

"Wicked show, Ky-I mean-Diva! You'd be a shoe-in for the next karaoke battle against Yuki."

"Aw, thanks doll."

DbA913j.jpg

"Question though: When you tellin' your folks that we're dating?"

"How about tonight? At The Old Chimney. I'll tell Dad and Pops to come along. My treat."

"Nah. My treat this time. I owe you for lettin' me sing again. If it weren't for your protest, I'd probably still be singing in the shower."

Julia laughed.

"Alright. But I'm buying my own dessert."
    And thus ends Sakura's Travels.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

And so ends "Sakura's Travels". It is now open for comment.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184