Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Far East/ Simalayas (new vacation GP idea, Kung Fu, philosophy, and baby dragons)

isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Discover the beautiful mysteries of the Simalayas mountain range from the towering peeks to the deep valley of Shang Simla and meet the sims that live there!!

-Interact with a Serene Landscape- Take the long and legendary hike up Mt. Simverest to the perpetually icy peaks, where sims will have to bare cold winds, slippery paths, and the occasional yeti that can leave sims with a minor injury or even frostbite (but making it to the top will give your sims a special trait) and enjoy a beautiful view as your sims look down on the world! Or send your sims to explore a peaceful green valley below where they can visit an ancient temple, soak in the hot-springs, and discover ancient secrets among the bamboo and cherry trees that hug the rolling hills!

-Make New Discoveries- This ancient land has new skills and experiences for your sims to take part in. Sims can discover their true potential by learning the Philosophy skill as they reflect on themselves and the serene world ot use a training dummy object to build your sim’s Martial Arts skill until your sims are ready to spar one on one! Discover a variety of long lost Dragon Eggs and hatch them into adorable Baby Dragons!!

-Learn from the Gurus- Learn skills, unlock new interactions, and receive special traits by speaking with the gurus at the ancient temple. Some gurus are happy to share their wisdom with any friendly sim, while others may need a small bribe or gift to inspire them to share secrets with your sims. Not after wisdom? The gurus are also known for their wild parties that light up the temple!

24TEf5p.jpg

800px-Shangrila%2C_Lower_Kachura_Lake.jpg

110616153123515.jpg

800px-Shangri-La%2C_Skardu.jpg

Tibet_Travel_Potala-1200x631.jpg

nepal-village.jpg

3kn9ahsg_himalaya-earthquake_pixabay_625x300_30_November_18.jpg

New Location-
Shang Simla- Based on the location in China in TS3 and Shangri-la, a lush forest valley with pagoda structures and farm plots at the base of a steep slope into the mountains above, (between 5 and 10 lots, some with rentals, some empty, and one special temple lot with guru NPCs)
Mt. Simverest (or a better mountain pun :D )- Based on Mt. Everest, sims arrive at the base camp then make their way up the slopes to the summit, similar to exploring the jungle in JA, instead of hacking through vines sim’s must climb up cliffs or go through crevasses and face other obstacles to reach higher slopes. (1 base camp National Park lot, 1 rental lot on a smaller mountain, hidden cave lot accessible from near the summit)

New Skills-
Philosophy- Where do sims come from? What is the Plumbob? How many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does it take to get to the center of a grilled cheese? Build your sims Philosophy skill to answer these questions and more, while gaining powerful perks, earning lifetime happiness, unlock new social and logic interactions, and discover the secret of eternal life! Read philosophy books, go on a meditative walk, write down your thoughts, and philosophize with other sims to improve your sim's skill and discover the secrets of the sim-mind!
Martial Arts- Learn the ancient secrets of Sim Fu. Begin by practicing on a training dummy or by learning from a guru! As your sim’s skill increases, they can challenge other sims to a sparring match, learn routines, and break boards.

New Objects-
Yurts + Dome Tents- Sims can go into their yurt or tent to fill their energy need or relax, and carry them in their inventory. Buyable and placed around the world for NPCs to use, similar to tents (but will keep your sims warm in cold weather with seasons)
Cook Fire- A rustic barbecue grill over a small fire, sims can carry in their inventories and placed in the world to cook.
Hot springs- A natural-looking in-ground hot tub, sims can relax to improve their mood, fill their hygiene and fun needs, build relationships, and of course woohoo under the water.
Zen Sand Garden- Get sim’s feeling focused or inspired after raking sand in this zen garden (or thrash the sand if your sim is mischievous).
Training Dummy- Practice the Martial Arts skill.
Dragon Hatchery- A table sized hatchery bench to place collected dragon eggs, hatch them, and care for them. They will fly around the house but be tied to the object (like babies or roombas).

New Collection-
Baby Dragons- Collect different colored eggs that will each hatch a unique and adorable baby dragon. Each color of dragon is collected in a unique way (one by climbing to the summit, one by mastering the martial arts skill, one by mastering the philosophy skill, one by befriending all the gurus, one by fighting or befriending a yeti, etc.) and each color has their own unique abilities to help your sims in various ways. Additionally, after they’ve hatched your sim can play with them, keep them fed, and teach them tricks like flying, fetching objects, breathing fire and more!! Keep them in the hatchery object or in a sims inventory to take them anywhere!

New Traits-
Wise- These sim’s can give advice and build logic and philosophy skills faster, but will grow bored from watching TV or playing video games.
World Conquerer- Unlock this trait by hiking to the top of Mt. Simverest, let’s sims brag about hiking and tell an epic story to impress other sims!

New Aspirations-
Enlightened- Master the philosophy skill, meditate, etc.
Sim Fu Master- Master the martial arts skill, spar with other sims and beat the martial arts guru.
Mother/Father of Dragons- Collect and hatch all dragon eggs.

New Interactions-
•Take Meditative Walk- Send your sims out to wonder while they improve their mood and increase their Philosophy skill!
•Philosophize- Have sims speak with one another about the wonders of the universe!
•Spar- Spar with another sim to build their Martial Arts skill.

New NPCs-
Gurus- A variety of NPCs (all similar to the Romance Guru from CL romance festivals and the Hermit from OR) focusing on different themes/skills. They can train your sims in multiple skills, provide emotions, social boosts, and more! Some gurus will need to be befriended, bribed, even fought or woohoo'ed to teach your sims special interactions, traits, or unlock unique items to craft! Gurus: Romance Guru, Nature Guru, Party Guru, Sim Fu/Fitness Guru, Foodie Guru, Michief Guru, Music Guru, Parenting Guru, Logic/Philosophy Guru, etc. (each spawns an elder sim of any gender to fill the role)
Yeti- Prone to fight unfamiliar sims, similar to bears from OR and skeletons from JA, these Yetis may be a nuisance or a new friend to sims!

CAS- Dress your sims in traditional garbs like silk kimonos and wool shawls or modern mountain gear to help fight the cold! Add warm hats and accessories to complete the look!

Other-
•New Collectables- Yeti Fish, Koi, Jade, Life Fruit
•New Radio Station- Instrumental/Chant

Game update-
•Make residential lots available in vacation worlds so sims can live there full time and own businesses there.
•Ability for 2 sims to walk side-by-side.

Any other ideas??
Post edited by isaiahzay on

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I like this idea. Well thought out. Sounds like a place I'd enjoy visiting.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    Ooo nice idea!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Other new objects that should be added:
    Low Table- A low table that sims will kneel on cusuions around to eat
    Tea Set- Place on a table and brew teas to serve and drink with up to four sim’s.

Oriental-Furniture-Chinese-Low-Tea-Table-Small-Rectangle-80x39cm-Living-Room-Side-Table-For-Tea-Coffee.jpg
    Post edited by isaiahzay on
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    OK. This is awesome.

Very well thought out, makes me wish it was real.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2019
    A while ago I had an idea for an werewolve EP that would include all types of werehumans, like weremammals, werebirds, wereplants... The setting was supposed to be a kung fu village (i was kidna inspired by kung fu panda, seeing all different types of animals in battle together...)
    We already have so much "normal" asian stuff in our CAS, i have even seeing some people complaining in another discussion that we shouldn't have a world themed around asia, cuz of that... Maybe they could add fantasy style asian things in the CAS to add more variety, you know?!
    Your ideas are awesome! Maybe they could work together... Take a look at my idea here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943363/supernatural-shapeshifters-game-pack-expansion-pack
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    A while ago I had an idea for an werewolve EP that would include all types of werehumans, like weremammals, werebirds, wereplants... The setting was supposed to be a kung fu village (i was kidna inspired by kung fu panda, seeing all different types of animals in battle together...)
    We already have so much "normal" asian stuff in our CAS, i have even seeing some people complaining in another discussion that we shouldn't have a world themed around asia, cuz of that... Maybe they could add fantasy style asian things in the CAS to add more variety, you know?!
    Your ideas are awesome! Maybe they could work together... Take a look at my idea here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943363/supernatural-shapeshifters-game-pack-expansion-pack

I love your ideas on Kung Fu and shapeshifters would be awesome, but a pretty ambitious feature for sure!!

I can see why players would feel we have enough Far East themed objects (especially from Spa day, City Living, and the year of the pig update) but like with any pack, if they did it right many players would love it!

I think you’re right, fantasy aspects would be the way to go to make it unique and differ from past iterations, that’s also why I think an epic mountain hike would be a good and fulfilling feature!
  • Options
    simmysam240simmysam240 Posts: 2 New Member
    OMG! I want this!! <3 <3 <3 the vacation packs in sims 2 and 3 were my favorite!!!
    Oooh! The ninja that teaches sims how to teleport and the story about the dragon and the princess should come back! Maybe they could add farming to this too!

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruKate do gurus take suggestions?!?
  • Options
    HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    Wonderful idea! But no dragons, please. They are bound to cause lags in game and they can seriously disturb immersion.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    HannaZoja wrote: »
    Wonderful idea! But no dragons, please. They are bound to cause lags in game and they can seriously disturb immersion.

I mean, I’d only expect them to be objects similarly to the drones from get famous or the vacuums from cats and dogs with a few more interactions, that shouldn’t cause lagging.

And in any case, players could just not collect them and they’d be easier to ignore than vampires, aliens, or anything else that disturbs game immersion.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I need this! An Asian vacation world set within the Himalayan mountains would be a new setting.

Must Haves for Himalayas:
    -Hot springs
    MTS_DJ.-1613412-04_SaltwaterPools_HotSpring.jpg
    -Simoleon luck shrine
    stephen-ma-sims2pic-01.jpg?1465341396
    -Yeti occult
    Yeti_by_Philippe_Semeria.jpg
    https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeti
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2019
    Awesome ideas! Lots of fun and useful gameplay! I think the philosophy skill would work very nicely in conjunction with the poetry and writing skills. Martial arts and sparring would be greaaaat, especially for survival-type saves.
    A little tea ceremony would be very fun and also useful when sims want to throw tea parties outside of this context.

I'd also love koi collections. Ever since I started playing this koi game on my phone, I've become enchanted by the idea of having beautiful koi in TS4 - natural, artistic and even fantasy patterns and colours - that can be bred to unlock new combinations etc. (similar to grafting plants). Being able to then display these beautiful fish in ponds, new aquariums etc would be :love:
    I don't think dragons are realistic to ask for, especially not in a GP. That's why I'd like more advanced koi. Maybe there can be a special dragon koi (just a pretty koi with wing-like fins) at the mountain top as something cool, like you suggested!

The world images are really beautiful, but I would like something a bit softer. This world is very bright and colourful, whereas I'd like a more pastel, ink-painting-looking landscape.
    9a1787905d38a8608a0fbb09ba0b0b4c_zpsltwuzaie.jpgaa724f6e5105c36aa3e20ab14b3fe805_zpsa58rtfk6.jpg
    I love the look of rural Japan, so if the devs can mix that with the beautiful winding mountains like in your pics, I'd be in heaven. A river that ends in a misty lake between mountain shards with a little bamboo dock would be a magical detail.

I would like this world's architecture and look to be very graceful and tranquil. Of course, all the exciting stuff you detailed will be there! I'm just quite particular with the Asian world I've been dreaming of for quite a while now in TS4 :blush:
    a9bf41f1790674b0ae7e767092aa7373_zps9ep5mste.jpg
    There better be many beautiful circular and semi-circular doors, arches, windows and objects. I am so ready for this.
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I really want martial arts
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »

I love your ideas on Kung Fu and shapeshifters would be awesome, but a pretty ambitious feature for sure!!

I can see why players would feel we have enough Far East themed objects (especially from Spa day, City Living, and the year of the pig update) but like with any pack, if they did it right many players would love it!

I think you’re right, fantasy aspects would be the way to go to make it unique and differ from past iterations, that’s also why I think an epic mountain hike would be a good and fulfilling feature!

A mountain hike would be really cool indeed, maybe our sims should be forced to raise their fitness skills, otherwise they would get tired and give up in the middle of the way, haha.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love this concept for a pack!!! I need it in my game now :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.