Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

9th member of household disappeared, how do I get him back?

I married a werewolf and a ghost with each other. They first had 3 kids (5 sims in the household now) and during the 3rd pregnancy, I made a genie wish for a large family. The genie gave them 4 more babies, so I had a total of 9 sims (2 parents, 1 human child, 3 werewolf babies, 3 ghost werewolf babies). The ghost daddy's picture disappeared from the left side but it was okay because i could still access him by pushing the spacebar.

And then I made the wish to resurrect the ghost kids. The first one, who is supposed to be my legacy's heir, became a non-ghost werewolf but he completely disappeared from my household. I could not access him even by pressing the spacebar. And then that first night, he rode on a bike and disappeared.

I have now returned daddy ghost to the netherworld but heir to the throne did not return. I can have my active sims call him but not invite him over but that's probably because before I resurrected him, I enrolled him into boarding school and his picture in the list of acquaintances has the greyed out look that comes with boarding school sims.

Could my sim have joined another household? A manual search told me no. Maybe I missed something? Can I get him back without too many cheats?
39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    There is a piece of information missing here. Are you using mods, NRaas mods in particular and which ones or perhaps AwesomeMod? Under EA standard without mods, you cannot have more than eight sims (not counting pets) in a household. There is no way around that, the 9th sim and beyond will be rendered homeless and removed from the game as such a household would be impossible.

With NRaas mods in play, MasterController and Mover, one way to approach this would have been to temporarily split this household into two, do your resurrections so you have all of your sims in those two household, then recombine them into an overstuffed (greater than eight) single one using MC's Add Sim, the move interaction by phone, or merge them in Edit Town with Mover required for those last two. The PortraitPanel mod, although by itself doesn't allow for overstuffed households, will allow you to have more interactive thumbnails on the left side of the screen so you don't have to space bar to get past the 8th one.

Regardless though, there probably isn't any way to fix this now unless you have MC, can find the "missing" family member by way of, on your one residential lot, MC > Add Sim > (filter to Homeless or some of the others like Homeworld), and are lucky enough to find them still in the game someplace.

Required first though, NRaas > MC > Allow Greater than Eight > True (is False by default).

But replaying all of this a different way by reverting to a save from before the sim went missing on you is likely required.

Edit: Also note that once you do get a household of Greater Than Eight together no matter how it's done, you can never make another household the actively played one unless you have NRaas StoryProgression and set its maximum size to something higher to protect it. Without that protection, the game will destroy the household once it "notices" it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I have MC and checked if I had the greater than eight option open and it was even before I had the four additional kids. I would have just looked for my missing sim using MC and added him back onto the household but I thought it would be less stressful to just revert to an old save file. Thanks for the advice!
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims