Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Subtle Version of Youth Potion

mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
Could we have an item which helps sims to become younger, but only by few days? The youth potion in game has a very drastic effect resetting the whole aging bar. This will cause some serious imbalance, unless you make the whole family to drink potions. I would really love to have a subtle way to allow my sim few extra days :innocent:

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Agreed.
  • Options
    minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    Oh yes please :O
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    On the contrary, I want my sims to have ability to change to the previous age stage, like gene wish in TS 2 (cut, but brought back with mods).
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Technically the youth potion actually is falsely advertised; it doesn't actually set back your youth, just your longevity. A REAL potion of youth would set your lifespan to the previous lifestage, while a potion of longevity would set it back to the beginning of the current lifestage.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm interested in a potion that would work similarly as Elixir of Life in TS2 (giving three extra days). Setting a sim back to a previous lifestage might be interesting too, but not something I would use regularly.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes. Going back a few days on the age-bar would be very useful for me.

Maybe witches could brew something like this one day with alchemy. Or a reward from the store.
  • Options

Maybe witches could brew something like this one day with alchemy. Or a reward from the store.

Technically, alchemy and witchcraft/magic are totally separate things. They're just complementary to each other. This kind of thing should've been part of the already existent Herbalism skill tbh. It would actually prompt far more uses for it.
  • Options

Technically, alchemy and witchcraft/magic are totally separate things. They're just complementary to each other. This kind of thing should've been part of the already existent Herbalism skill tbh. It would actually prompt far more uses for it.

I don't think that they will update an already existing skill with new potions but yes, it would have been nice to have something like this in Herbalism.

As far as alchemy and witchcraft goes, it was more like me expressing a wish to see it in the game just somehow. They can put it in any kind of crafting-thing and I will use it. Or as a reward from the store if they prefer that.
  • Options

I don't think that they will update an already existing skill with new potions but yes, it would have been nice to have something like this in Herbalism.

As far as alchemy and witchcraft goes, it was more like me expressing a wish to see it in the game just somehow. They can put it in any kind of crafting-thing and I will use it. Or as a reward from the store if they prefer that.

Well the few times they did change a skill was only to accommodate a new pack, like making Photography skill base game now in preparation for Cats & Dogs. If some kind of Magic/Witch/Crafting/Anything pack comes along that accommodates potions like that then they could certainly update the Herbalism skill to accommodate. But I don't expect it during any other time but just before a pack.
  • Options

Well the few times they did change a skill was only to accommodate a new pack, like making Photography skill base game now in preparation for Cats & Dogs. If some kind of Magic/Witch/Crafting/Anything pack comes along that accommodates potions like that then they could certainly update the Herbalism skill to accommodate. But I don't expect it during any other time but just before a pack.

Me: Maybe witches could brew something like this one day with alchemy. Or a reward from the store
    You: Technically, alchemy and witchcraft/magic are totally separate things.
    Me: I don't think that they will update an already existing skill with new potions but yes, it would have been nice
    You: If some kind of Magic/Witch/Crafting/Anything pack comes along that accommodates potions like that then they could certainly update the Herbalism skill to accommodate

Hmm.... are you doing a "Well, actually"? ;) Humor me a bit if you like

Yes. I am aware of the fact that skills and objects can be updated. It has happened before, the woodworking table got a update after Outdoor Retreat :)

We will see what happens with the "the subtle youth potion" or "the subtle longevity potion".
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Aye, the youth potion in TS4 is a lie much like the cake from the cow plant. (bit off topic).
    I'd like to see a real potion of youth myself. The current one just aging them back to the beginning of that life state is a bit annoying because even if their an adult about to age to an elder it just delays that aging by a few days or depending on how long their life span is set.
    I'm interested in a potion that would work similarly as Elixir of Life in TS2 (giving three extra days). Setting a sim back to a previous lifestage might be interesting too, but not something I would use regularly.

Agreed.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d also like to see the life fruit from ts3 back.