The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

two-floor restaurants

I am about to rewamp the Old Salt House into a restaurant and I would love to be able to use both floors of that house and even the balcony for maybe more romantic dates but I have heard that it can be problematic and might need a second kitchen upstairs? Have any of you been able to have 2 story restaurants that works well? I guess I can always use the downstairs as a bar area and then put the restaurant uptstairs but using both floors for restaurant would be optimal.

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,276 Member
    edited March 2018
    Haven't noticed any problems with my 2 level Shipshape Bar and Grill, but I mostly intended the roof level as a bar/dance area anyway.
    ETA: It's technically three levels, the basement is a museum.
    image.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2018
    i've run multiple 5 star restaurants with two floors. It's really not an issue. Of course it makes things a bit slower, but as long as the restaurant has good pathing it's not a big deal.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Haven't noticed any problems with my 2 level Shipshape Bar and Grill, but I mostly intended the roof level as a bar/dance area anyway.
    i've run multiple 5 star restaurants with two floors. It's really not an issue. Of course it makes things a bit slower, but as long as the restaurant has good pathing it's not a big deal.

Oh, thanks guys, that is great news. But what about if I want my Sims to choose either upstairs or downstairs seating? Would two host stations, one upstairs and downstairs be needed if I want my Sims to say, dine upstairs?

And is only one waiter station enough? For instance, only located downstairs?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2018
    no, they'll choose tables on both floors regardless of where the host station is.
    waiter stations are basically just trash cans, it doesn't really make a difference how many you have. I just tend to put mine close to the kitchen, where they'll be putting in orders.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I always make sure the kitchen is very near (and on the same floor as) the dining area. It takes long enough to get through three courses as it is; if the kitchen's far away you'll be there waiting all day.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I have two double storey restaurants in my game and they both work well enough, although serving food upstairs does take longer. It won't help to make a second kitchen upstairs - your waiters won't necessarily take the order to the chef station on the same floor. The game just isn't that logical. Incidentally, I have noticed that, whenever my sims go to eat at one of these restaurants, they are inevitably shown to one of the upstairs tables. For some reason, the game seems to favor upstairs dining, rather than seating customers where they can most easily be served.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Oh, thanks guys, that is great news. But what about if I want my Sims to choose either upstairs or downstairs seating? Would two host stations, one upstairs and downstairs be needed if I want my Sims to say, dine upstairs?

And is only one waiter station enough? For instance, only located downstairs?

If you want your Sims to eat upstairs just click a table on that floor, and choose "reserve table" instead of clicking the host, that will give you the exact table you want.