Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Question

Hi, everyone ♡ This is probably a silly question but is there any way to stop the NPCs from wearing custom content clothes and hair? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Not without mods. NRaas has one called "Dresser" but it is a steep learning curve - even our resident guru, @igazor , is a bit hesitant with some of its commands. In general, though, if your Sims can wear it, expect to see it around town sooner or later.

Sans mods, best you can do is either use TestingCheats or else a stylist booth to change their look yourself.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Each clothing and hair has a 'valid for random' setting. If you change that setting to false that particular CC won't be used on inactive sims. For CC installed as packages in your Mods/Packages folder you can pretty easily change that setting with S3PE in each package file. For CC installed via the launcher it's a bit more complicated. If you are on patch 1.67 and not on Steam (and probably not Mac) you can use Easy CASP Editor from the simlogical site. Otherwise you try uninstalling the CC and using TSR Workshop on the individual sim3pack files to change that setting and reinstalling. Or you could convert sims3pack files to package files with Delphy's Multi-Extractor then changing the setting in S3PE (which is what I do).

With Dresser I believe you need to create your own 'Invalid Parts' tuning file with all your CC. I've never done that myself. The NRaas site has tutorials on how to create the file and use it with Dresser.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Many of us on 1.69 or Steam installs really miss EasyCASP Editor. As its name implies, it was indeed easy for us to use. We keep hoping that its developer returns or someone else takes it over to update it for use beyond 1.67, but that's seeming a little less likely as time goes on. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I typed out the instructions for someone else on how to use S3PE to disable validforrandom. I'll post it here for you.
    Download/Install S3PE
    • Right-click .package file and Open with > Sims3 Package Editor (S3PE). Another option is to launch S3PE and at the top File > Open... choose .package file.
    • Under Tag select CASP
    • At the bottom click the Grid button
    • Data Grid window will appear. ClothingCategory > ValidForRandom True/False
    • After you make changes, click the Commit button. This will apply any changes made.
    • At the top File > Save

This guide explains how to convert Sims3Packs to package file w/ Delphy’s Multi Sims3Pack Extractor. Uninstall the sims3pack via launcher first so you don't have both sims3pack & package file installed for the same piece of content.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/